Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Obama a Muslim?

Baculus

Was Obamas mom a Chrsitian?

"She touted herself as an atheist, and it was something she'd read about and could argue," said Maxine Box, who was Dunham's best friend in high school. "She was always challenging and arguing and comparing. She was already thinking about things that the rest of us hadn't."

Wow, you're right. If someone accuses his mother of thinking, why then she couldn't have been Christian. They don't allow that, do they?

And some of it might have (gasp!) rubbed off on him! Why, he might be one a them thinkers. In fact, he might be one a them sleeper thinkers. Maybe he's part of a secret plot to get us a thinking President.

Its what happens when liberals can't deal with facts
How do you manage to convince yourself of that? It's honestly mind-boggling.

The FACT is that he was a member of a Christian church for 20 years. All you have is the FACT that he was brought up in a culturally diverse household with an understanding of different religious philosophies.

Remind me again who has an issue with the facts?

If Obama's mom was a Christian....she sure was "Open Minded"

And just what the **** does that mean?

I'm sorry but I really hate comments like these and frankly I wonder about your knowledge of Christianity. Go to a Christian church, any you like, and ask the people there to raise their hands. Ask this: "How many of you have been Christians your entire lives?" If every hand in the room goes up you've found a heck of a gem since a very large portion of American Christians can tell you the day they were saved.

Obama was raised as a Christian and considering his choice of churches is well known and covered in the media for 20 plus years I think the fact that people like you are still trying to suggest he's not really christian in order to scare voters disguting.

.... I think the fact that people like you are still trying to suggest he's not really christian in order to scare voters disguting.
Present Tense?

I used terms like.....

BACKGROUND

and

HISTORY

Now

If you want to debate BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY......you can start a new thread

Obama has a very obscure religious background to say the least

Deal with it

"people like you" should take a breath

That she wasn't a bigot?:whoknows:
Or maybe that she really didn't have ANY FIRM BELIEF?

"my mother viewed religion through the eyes of the anthropologist; it was a phenomenon to be treated with a suitable respect, but with a suitable detachment as well."......."

Sounds solid........or maybe not

Present Tense?

I used terms like.....

BACKGROUND

and

HISTORY

Without anything to back it up other than odd rumors about the mans mother. Were you one of the people freaking out that people were talking about Palin's daughter? Suddenly attacking mothers is fair game?

If you want to debate BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY......you can start a new thread
Why would I debate it? There are all sorts of odd christian beliefs in the US. Many of them very influential in politics. Hurricanes sent by God anyone?
Obama has a very obscure religious background to say the least. Deal with it.
Before I deal with it why don't you back that statement up. The guy was raised a christian, we know he's been a christian for at least the last 20 years... and all you have is rumors about the mans mother. Rumors that even if true don't sound different than those told by many christians after being saved... bouncing around religious beliefs is normal prior to being "saved" for a lot of people.
"people like you" should take a breath
Did I hurt your feelings? Let me go grab you a tissue, in the mean time come up with some more trashy BS to say about Obama's mother.

Without anything to back it up other than odd rumors about the mans mother.......
"In his book The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama writes:

I was not raised in a religious household. For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness. However, in her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology.

Maybe I should add....Norse Godhead to Obamas religious background?

I was not raised in a religious household. For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness. However, in her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology.

I have a bible on my desk and am currently reading it. Does that make me part-Christian?

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. First of all, No, I don't think he's a Muslim. Would I care if he was? No. Third, why the heck does it matter what his mom believed or subscribed to? Unless I am utterly confused, she's not the one running for POTUS.

I think what really gets to me about this thread, is that there are people who would completely overlook a persons ability to run this country solely on the basis of a person's religious beliefs. Since when does religion really play a part in being a president anyway?

Think about it. Bush has been in office for 8 years, yet during this time, how many times have we heard that schools can no longer say the pledge of allegiance b/c of the "Under God" passage? I haven't seen him make any real effort to change this. So frankly, that makes me feel like either he doesn't give a crap about it, or things relating to religion are put on a back burner. As far as I'm concerned, the only real role religion plays in politics, is in the actual campaigning itself.

For all I care, you could be agnostic or atheist. If the POTUS has my families best interest at heart, then that's all I care about. Screw whether they're Muslim or Christian.

I guess being cultured these days is blasphemous.

I have a bible on my desk and am currently reading it. Does that make me part-Christian?

How about me. I have read the Koran several times. Does that make me Muslim? I read it b/c my best friend Is Turkish and a Muslim. I choose to read the Koran in the hopes that I can gain some insight into her culture. Is that such a bad thing?

Archived