Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ROOKIES (The time is now not later)

lilty1975

Fellow redskins fans, this is your boy checking in from Iraq. I have been here since Nov 07 and have a couple of months left. I got to go home for 2 weeks leave and i was able to catch the first redskins game. Well enough small talk lets get to the topic.

I watched games on Sunday as I was making my way back to Iraq and saw rookies in the league helping there teams out (ie Fleix Jones, Tight end from panthers, reciever from denver). With that said the coaches had to give them a chance. We need to give our rookies a chance. Fred Davis had a good preseaon, but I don't rememebr seeing him in the game. We have Devin Thomas on the bench, and they run a corner fade route to James Thrash. Don't get me wrong I like James, but why not throw that to a taller reciever IE Thomas.

Some of you are going to say practice, but Devin Thomas is a reciever and you don't have to practice a corner fade route. Then at the end of the game they have Thomas in with one on one coverage and pump to his side and throw to Santana moss in triple coverage.

I like all of our verterans, but if we make them respect the other people (ie rookies) it will help the vets out. We kept all of our rookies so the future is now, not when they season is over. This was the first game of the season, so I'm going to give coach Zorn the benifit of the doubt. He will make changes and I beleive we will see a different team Sunday. If I'm way off on this I'm pretty sure the Redskins faithful will let me know. Lastly the Redskins can be 19-0 Superbowl Champs or 0-16 first pick in the draft and I will still be a faithful fan HTTR, Redskins Fan 4 Lyfe:notworthy

One other note, I'm honored to be serving in Iraq, to protect your freedom and your kids future.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines! Semper Fi :cheers:

Your not way off at all brother. I agree that it is important that the rooks get in there in get their feet wet. That will only gain trust from the coaches, which is what we didn't see when you were talking about the fade to Thrash. With D. Thomas only being active for a couple weeks, and M. Kelly not at all, I can see why the coaches chose Thrash.

But I do agree with your statements. If the coaches showed the faith in all the rookies to keep them on the active squad, then the rooks have to prove the coaches right.

Oh, and we're honored to have people like you serving our country. You are the true heroes, even if you're not the guys we watch on sundays and scream like crazy for. You stay safe over there, and come home soon.

Like everyone else... I thank you for your service.

The rookies have to have some talent to play... particularly early in the season. The guys who are playing now were good picks for their teams.

However, just because our guys aren't doing anything yet doesn't mean that they won't. They could still turn out to be good players. WR is simply a difficult position to master as a rookie.

Royal in Denver is just a really, really good player. He is more the exception than the rule.

Be safe over there Marine. We appreciate you.

I agree, the Rookies need more playing time. Teams know the Moss/ARE/Cooley trio and know how to defend them. The more we mix it up (even if it isn't so pretty) the more guessing the Defense will have to do. Then we lay on some Portis. The tools are there but they need to be picked up and used.

The entire board certainly thanks you, without you this board wouldn't be able to complain about Campbell staring down receivers and rookies who are injured.

I agree with you about that go route at the end of the game to Thrash, why not put Thomas in there? It doesn't take much offensive knowledge to sprint down the sideline and then jump for the ball, it's the same route he's been running since he started playing football.

Fellow redskins fans, this is your boy checking in from Iraq. I have been here since Nov 07 and have a couple of months left. I got to go home for 2 weeks leave and i was able to catch the first redskins game. Well enough small talk lets get to the topic.

I watched games on Sunday as I was making my way back to Iraq and saw rookies in the league helping there teams out (ie Fleix Jones, Tight end from panthers, reciever from denver). With that said the coaches had to give them a chance. We need to give our rookies a chance. Fred Davis had a good preseaon, but I don't rememebr seeing him in the game. We have Devin Thomas on the bench, and they run a corner fade route to James Thrash. Don't get me wrong I like James, but why not throw that to a taller reciever IE Thomas.

Some of you are going to say practice, but Devin Thomas is a reciever and you don't have to practice a corner fade route. Then at the end of the game they have Thomas in with one on one coverage and pump to his side and throw to Santana moss in triple coverage.

I like all of our verterans, but if we make them respect the other people (ie rookies) it will help the vets out. We kept all of our rookies so the future is now, not when they season is over. This was the first game of the season, so I'm going to give coach Zorn the benifit of the doubt. He will make changes and I beleive we will see a different team Sunday. If I'm way off on this I'm pretty sure the Redskins faithful will let me know. Lastly the Redskins can be 19-0 Superbowl Champs or 0-16 first pick in the draft and I will still be a faithful fan HTTR, Redskins Fan 4 Lyfe:notworthy

One other note, I'm honored to be serving in Iraq, to protect your freedom and your kids future.

I am turbodeisel#44 and I approve this post. Keep your head down Gunny.:cheers:

Your not way off at all brother. I agree that it is important that the rooks get in there in get their feet wet. That will only gain trust from the coaches, which is what we didn't see when you were talking about the fade to Thrash. With D. Thomas only being active for a couple weeks, and M. Kelly not at all, I can see why the coaches chose Thrash.

But I do agree with your statements. If the coaches showed the faith in all the rookies to keep them on the active squad, then the rooks have to prove the coaches right.

Oh, and we're honored to have people like you serving our country. You are the true heroes, even if you're not the guys we watch on sundays and scream like crazy for. You stay safe over there, and come home soon.

nice post..I agree.

Gunny!!! Who you with!?!?! I'm a Lance Criminal checking in from Afghanistan :D :D :D

Anyway, I agree with you (like I'm gonna disagree with a Gunny). I agree for a different reason. Honestly, at this point, I don't see the Skins making the playoffs in this division. May as well play the rooks and get them as many reps as possible.

Aloha Gunny lilty1975!

My 20 yr old son is also a Marine currently serving in El Asad, Iraq. God willing we should see his smiling face back home in Hawaii this November.

Enjoy Sunday's game against the Saints, maybe if the score runs up in our favor--you will get to see some of the rooks get some action!

You take care son! God bless you and thank you for your service!

Semper Fi Gunny!:cheers:

mo808

First off, thanks for taking my family out of there. They were living there for quite sometime and the father of that family was killed by Saddam's cronies. This was a few weeks before the war, once you guys rolled into Baghdad, they were airlifted out - my cousin thought that the huge plane he rode in was the greatest thing in his life.

Second, I agree. They need to step up. I dont know if we want Pro-Bowl numbers from them, but definately numbers that can show us that yes, the picks were worth it, and yes, they are getting better. I'm sure as the season progresses, their use in this offense will increase.

Archived