Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Redskins Man Cave - finally complete

USS Redskins

Now after taking a look around your cave I may have to change my paint scheme. I was planning the Burgundy up top and Gold below with the white stripe but now it just sounds silly! LOL!!!

Burgundy and Burgundy for me, with the white and gold stripe in between. Good Job Man!!!! Hey, where do I put the beer?

Now after taking a look around your cave I may have to change my paint scheme. I was planning the Burgundy up top and Gold below with the white stripe but now it just sounds silly! LOL!!!

Burgundy and Burgundy for me, with the white and gold stripe in between. Good Job Man!!!! Hey, where do I put the beer?

thanks bro!

I considered your scheme too - I think anything you can do to limit the bugundy is smart, plus the Skins colors are so damn sharp, any scheme will work and look good.... I am looking forward to seeing your room when done... good luck!

BTW -for the beer - In Burgundy and Gold cup holders, of course!

That is a great room! One of the best I have seen so far! I'm totally jealous. I would be ashamed to show my Redskins room after seeing that. I felt like I was watching a Home Depot commercial. GREAT JOB!

thanks! I worked hard on it... a labor of love, I guess... just hope my "love" gives its fans a championship soon...

I am lucky - my wife loves to decorate things and loves a good challenge. She did the rest of the house (I did all the work) so, she had to give me the basement. She never goes down there anyway.

Silly question but where did you get your helmets from?

They are all the Replica helmets - I got all 3 of them on Ebay for around $75 each plus shipping. Cant afford the $200+ authentic ones....

The small helmet actually lights up - go that for Christmas.

I would like to get a full size Feather helmet but cant find one that is a replica. I am on a budget for collectibles.

You said it took 5 coats get the burgandy...did you prime with anything? I just ask, because I am about to paint a room of mine with the same redskins burgandy. I got some grey tinted primer that the home depot said should help with the number of coats i have to use...just wondering

No primer - the guy at the home depot counter said it wouldnt make any difference. It would be 5 coats with or without, so I started with the burg and just went ahead.

I had painted with the color before and same thing - its either 1 coat of a red primer and 4 coats of burg or just 5 coats of burgundy.

I even read other threads from other Skins fans that they did 1 coat of primer and 5 coats of burg. Its a nutty color and needs to be layered on to get to the Skins shade.

I was getting fed up with the whole thing after the 3rd coat but somehow found the patience to finish... good luck with your room!

Archived