Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas and Kelly's PT in NO.

SkinsAllDay34

It seems Kelly will have a good chance at being activated for the NO game and Thomas is already fully healthy. Who else thinks at least Thomas should get more PT against the saints? I mean yea he is a rookie and missed most of camp, but I would like to see a few more plays where he has a chance to get the ball, Zorn has to know that the more experience he gets in a game the better. Also someone else mentioned it, but that deep pass to Thrash that was incomplete, I think Thomas should have been in to run that route because I think he would have a better chance to get the ball. Now Kelly he still has to get a full week of practice, but I would like to see how he fairs too.

So does anyone else we have to try to get our rookies involved in the offense a little, at least Thomas, and I havent even mentioned Fred Davis who was to me, surprisingly inactive last week.

It seems Kelly will have a good chance at being activated for the NO game and Thomas is already fully healthy. Who else thinks at least Thomas should get more PT against the saints? I mean yea he is a rookie and missed most of camp, but I would like to see a few more plays where he has a chance to get the ball, Zorn has to know that the more experience he gets in a game the better.

To be honest, the sooner Devin Thomas is starting for us the better we'll be.

I really want to see these two get involved... especially Kelly... he's huge, but he also needs to get hit by an NFL player. Personally, I feel like some rookie WR are a bit timid coming into their first NFL game, and after they get hit once are ready for the game. I really hope these two develop.

To be honest, the sooner Devin Thomas is starting for us the better we'll be.

For some weird reason I feel the same way. Thrash should be relagated to ST. He is older and I think his hands are starting to fail him. After a couple games last year and a couple passes Thurs. just shows me more evidence of that. But Thomas needs to learn the offense quick and run his routes sharp enough to step in over Thrash.

Will not matter how many receivers make the field, or if the rooks are healthy etc. If Campbell doesn't get time to throw the ball and or holds the ball too long or stares receivers down.

True. Very true. But it kind of does affect much of the game if we have more WR's out there. It will force the D to spread out more and hopefully give our OL a chance at protecting JC since he likes to hold the ball so long. LOL. Maybe it will help JC get the ball out earlier. (Hoping)

We need to put those losers out there on most plays. They must learn by fire since they don't learn in practice. Go 3 and 4-wide all game, be aggressive and throw the ball around, and give portis room to run. Oh, and try to win this time.

I really can't wait for this situation to arise. Then when Kelly and Thomas don't deliver at least 5 rec. for 75 yds and a touch apiece, they will be annoited the 'next colossal busts' as Redskins WR.

Personally and I know ill probably get flamed for this, I think we need to make a decision about our WR group next season. Thrash is not cutting it at WR anymore. Devin should have been the one that deep ball went to not Thrash. The tough decision to me comes down to Moss and Randle El. Both are huge chunks in salary terms and freeing up cap space wont hurt. I think we need to move Randle El for a draft pick. I think we should trade back again where ever we are in the draft and recoup some lost picks. Id like to get another 3rd at least and use it on another WR. Someone that comes to mind is Aaron Kelly from Clemson. He is a big body fast WR. Also a FA vet WR who would come cheap. At the price of someone like DJ Hackett this year. With his experience and youth. I think that would leave us with a good core of players who are not costly and are hungry and not injury prone.

Personally and I know ill probably get flamed for this, I think we need to make a decision about our WR group next season. Thrash is not cutting it at WR anymore. Devin should have been the one that deep ball went to not Thrash. The tough decision to me comes down to Moss and Randle El. Both are huge chunks in salary terms and freeing up cap space wont hurt. I think we need to move Randle El for a draft pick. I think we should trade back again where ever we are in the draft and recoup some lost picks. Id like to get another 3rd at least and use it on another WR. Someone that comes to mind is Aaron Kelly from Clemson. He is a big body fast WR. Also a FA vet WR who would come cheap. At the price of someone like DJ Hackett this year. With his experience and youth. I think that would leave us with a good core of players who are not costly and are hungry and not injury prone.

This is really one of the reasons we went with two WRs with our top 3 picks. It was partly based on the future WR corps. Yeah, we'd like some more options for the QB to go 4 wide every so often, but also our top two guys haven't really been consistent for the last 2 years.

Moss was amazing in 2005, but since then has only shown flashes of being the playmaker he can be. Injuries were the main issue, but also he's had lack of concentration and some drops. I think he will in the end have a bigger year this year though.

Randle El became a bigger part of the offense last year, but again, it would depend on the game when he'd play a role or not. Not really a consistent threat. Again, nagging injuries last year.

If we get Thomas and Kelly up to speed in this offense over the course of the year, our offense should directly benefit from it. The rookies have the talent to become impact players. It's just a question of if they have the drive, if they utilize that talent well, and when we can see that impact.

This isn't criticism but moreso curiosity and question........What EXACTLY you feel we should get for Moss, if we move him?? Draft pick of what rd?? Maybe a vet LB or CB???

This isn't criticism but moreso curiosity and question........What EXACTLY you feel we should get for Moss, if we move him?? Draft picks?? Maybe a vet LB or CB???

I would rather keep Moss because I think if we can surround him with talent equal or greater then he is then we can fully utilize him. Id rather move ARE. For a draft pick essentially. But LB or CB depth would be great. I dont think our CBs are worth a lick. Springs is a walking injury. Rogers is allergic to INTs even tho he was in a position to make them. Smoot, I love the guy but its time to shut up. He was ABUSED against the Giants. He isnt the same Smoot that left. If we have a top 10 pick this year I say it needs to go to a CB if we dont trade back. Vontae Davis would be an IDEAL corner for her. Big, physical, hits like a truck, excellent man to man skills.

Listen, as much as Moss and Randle-El struggled on Thursday, I guarantee you they will perform much more consistently with Davis, Thomas, and Kelly in there full time (the same likely goes for Campbell). I still believe that this WR corps can be excellent. Take solace in the fact that the corps that's been hyped up for the past 4 months hasn't even been activated yet, and you'll sleep better at night.

I would rather keep Moss because I think if we can surround him with talent equal or greater then he is then we can fully utilize him. Id rather move ARE. For a draft pick essentially. But LB or CB depth would be great. I dont think our CBs are worth a lick. Springs is a walking injury. Rogers is allergic to INTs even tho he was in a position to make them. Smoot, I love the guy but its time to shut up. He was ABUSED against the Giants. He isnt the same Smoot that left. If we have a top 10 pick this year I say it needs to go to a CB if we dont trade back. Vontae Davis would be an IDEAL corner for her. Big, physical, hits like a truck, excellent man to man skills.

Yea I was reading up on Vontae Davis, seems to be a physical monster. Haven't really watched him tho.

However, this is all hypothetical of course not my pref or desires, if we got rid of one of the receiver, I feel Moss would be more valuable to unload. For one, his contract is larger to relieve the cap. For two, I honestly feel Randle El is a better WR for the WC system, given that we decide to keep that philosophy, which ain't in stone. Randle El would be more valuable to future plans than Moss would, and I always keep my faith on Tana. If we traded, I think he would also be a better commodity to other teams that want a burner. He is also much more proven as a traditional WR. :2cents:

Listen, as much as Moss and Randle-El struggled on Thursday, I guarantee you they will perform much more consistently with Davis, Thomas, and Kelly in there full time (the same likely goes for Campbell). I still believe that this WR corps can be excellent. Take solace in the fact that the corps that's been hyped up for the past 4 months hasn't even been activated yet, and you'll sleep better at night.

I cant sleep better until I see JC can manage this team. Thursday night he didnt do that. He looked worse then ever. He showed flashes last year. Thursday he looked worse then a rookie. Flacco and Ryan out played him and they have been in the league 3 less years.

I cant sleep better until I see JC can manage this team. Thursday night he didnt do that. He looked worse then ever. He showed flashes last year. Thursday he looked worse then a rookie. Flacco and Ryan out played him and they have been in the league 3 less years.

I wasn't talking about Jason. I was talking about the WRs being able to hang on to the balls Jason throws to them, which they weren't able to do very well on Thursday. Nor run routes greater than 5 yards, for that matter.

I wasn't talking about Jason. I was talking about the WRs being able to hang on to the balls Jason throws to them, which they weren't able to do very well on Thursday. Nor run routes greater than 5 yards, for that matter.

Im talking about Jason. It doesn't matter who we trot out there for WRs if JC cant manage the game its pointless.

Archived