Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas and Kelly's PT in NO.

SkinsAllDay34

After seeing what Jackson did yesterday vs. the Rams, I am wondering why our 2 2nd round WR's are having SUCH a hard time understanding what to do, and what is expected of them.

You answered yourself and you don't even realize it.

The Eagles were playing the Rams' defense at home. We were playing the Giants' defense away. Night and day. Remember how good Campbell and our receivers looked against Detroit last year?

After seeing what Jackson did yesterday vs. the Rams, I am wondering why our 2 2nd round WR's are having SUCH a hard time understanding what to do, and what is expected of them.

I would say part of it has to do with the fact that Jackson worked with Jerry Rice throughout the off season and, probably, learned a fair bit of the WCO techniques for WRs. I know on one show Rice was saying that he taught Jackson the difference between running an out in a normal offense, and running an out pattern in the WCO. There's different footwork and things like that involved, from what I understand.

Now, if you think about it, if Jackson was working on that from January to the draft, that's a solid 3, or 3 1/2, months (almost the length of the season) that he had to work on the system and his specific position changes. Obviously he didn't know he would be drafted to a WCO, so he probably didn't just work on that, but it would have helped out rooks a lot if they'd had the same type of expeirence.

That added with what everyone else said (vet QB, team that already knows the offense, they played an awful St. Louis Def., etc.)

If Kelly is ready I'd love to see him in there for short yardage and goal line situations. he's tall, fast and can catch anything thrown at him.

I want to see them in there as much as they can go. They are very talented and it can never hurt to have athletes on the field. They'll feel their way through the game.

:2cents:

I'm more confident in Kelly than Thomas EARLY ON since he has more football experience.

Oh, and I don't plan to see either of them on the field IN New Orleans for a while....

:D

You answered yourself and you don't even realize it.

The Eagles were playing the Rams' defense at home. We were playing the Giants' defense away. Night and day. Remember how good Campbell and our receivers looked against Detroit last year?

It doesn't matter....Jackson has put in work since the preseason, and we can't downplay his production because he was playing the Rams. 200 total yards for a rookie in his 1st game is beyond impressive.

There were all sorts of questions surrounding our rookies during training camp, preseason, and now in the regular season. It seems like Jackson (for the most part) "gets it," while our rookies are still searching to find their roles in this offense. I still have faith that one of our 2 WR's will become serviceable in the WC offense. It's just a matter of how, and when.

I still don't know why Fred Davis was inactive last week. I hope Kelly finally plays though, I think he'll be good.

That is something that baffled the hell out of me. Weren't we supposed to be a potent offense because of our ability to run 2 tight-end packages. I was so looking forward to Davis and Cooley lining up in the formation together but no such luck.

We need to use all our weapons we are not in the pre-season anymore! If we are going to lose, let it be because we left all options on the field. this conservative ship has got to leave dock sooner than later.

I also, remember only a couple of passes to Cooley, who is our goto guy. man I can go on and on about this. Hope **** changes come Sunday.

HTTR

That is something that baffled the hell out of me. Weren't we supposed to be a potent offense because of our ability to run 2 tight-end packages. I was so looking forward to Davis and Cooley lining up in the formation together but no such luck.

We need to use all our weapons we are not in the pre-season anymore! If we are going to lose, let it be because we left all options on the field. this conservative ship has got to leave dock sooner than later.

I also, remember only a couple of passes to Cooley, who is our goto guy. man I can go on and on about this. Hope **** changes come Sunday.

HTTR

The Skins need to be real careful this week in pass protection. NO front four alone was giving Garcia fits. So the Skins should be more conscience in double tight end sets.

Archived