Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Will be the Starting Safety Next to LL?

3 Rings

Reed will start Thursday, no doubt. I like Moore as do the staff. Why can't you see it...I'm not sure. He has looked good. He has made mistakes that are easily correctable.

People seem high on Horton because he made a good special teams play and got to uncontested sacks in which Blache pointed out are not that impressive.

I think Hamilton looks good too. By seasons end, I can't say who would replace Doughty, but I think it WILL happen.

Alvin Walton :D

Didn't Reed run somewhere in the 4.8's coming out of school? It is mind-boggling that he has made it this far (although I do love his temperament and love of contact. I like him in obvious run situations and inside the 20. Anywhere else his concrete feet make me nervous........

Overall, I like what I saw in Horton

there's no question it's reed, what concerns me about our safeties is between the 5 of them, there is 1.5 years of starting experience... helluva gamble to take... I thought there'd be a shot at a vet on waivers but it looks like they are staying pat..

First i would like to say how happy i am we kept Justin Hamilton, I love this kid, and i'm not even a hokies fan. He's got big time swagger and is always near the ball, love it. that said...

Reed is going to be the starter at SS. If Landry can't go then Moore will play FS and Reed stays at SS. Horton can only play SS so reed would have to go down, and even in that case i would play hamilton at SS cause the past couple games horton hasn't been able to wrap up on tackles.

Alvin Walton :D

Didn't Reed run somewhere in the 4.8's coming out of school? It is mind-boggling that he has made it this far (although I do love his temperament and love of contact. I like him in obvious run situations and inside the 20. Anywhere else his concrete feet make me nervous........

Overall, I like what I saw in Horton

nope Reed ran a 4.62

:cheers:

Reed makes it based on experience and his nice INT in preseason. If he can start to force fumbles or at least try, the job is his to keep. When he blitzs the QB, he needs to try and hack the ball, not just tackle the QB. Justin did bring it in preseason but I suspect coach Blache does not trust him yet.

It's being asked because Reed isn't that good that's why. He just happens to "currently" be better or at least more experienced than the other guys breathing down his neck. I think he'll be supplanted sooner than later. If I'm wrong yay Reed! HTTR lol but I don't think the guy is that good...very average.

Archived