Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier era, round 2 ???

FanSinceSonnyJ

Just a bit of evidence that you're providing to prove FanSinceSonnJ's assertion regarding being "barely old enough" to remember the Spurrier era.

I really cannot understand why some of you (and a lot of you are in, but not restricted to, your twenties) insist on turning honest ponderings into personal affronts that, in turn, require attack reponses from you. Harder still to understand why many of you, because someone has a different opinion than you, then gang up on whoever you deem the offender and then swarm on them like a school of pirahna. Yet, the hardest thing to understand is why the Mods allow this kind of stuff to continue.

7-9 ~ 8-8, sorry if I cant remember the record but can remember him as a coach and the struggles he went through.

First, no one turned it into an attack until the OP questioned someone's "memory" due to their age. Just cause you're 47 doesn't mean you're all knowing, just like because I'm 20, I'm not dumb. A lot of older people make that assumption of the 20 year olds and I find that flabergasting since you then deem our opinion "unworthy".

As for "swarming like piranhas" on an "offender's opinion" - welcome to a message board on the Internet. Thick skins not included.

Not sure about you guys, but we've looked lousy the last two preseason games on both sides of the ball. I'm reminded of the Spurrier era when we started out hot in preseason and went on to a subpar season. Jason Campbell has also looked weak...again.

Yes, I know it's only preseason, but nonetheless...

Anyone else a tad worried at this point?

Why single Jason out?

He had a rough game last week due to great coverage in the secondary and a horrible performance by the Oline. Yet you single him out.

Yesterday, he hit receivers in the hands and they dropped the passes. What more can he do?

He was fantastic in the first two games and after a slow start, got going in New York too.

I do think your Spurrier 2 question is valid but JC has nothing to do with it, but rather our offensive line is looking terrible in pass protection just like it did under Spurrier. That is the big concern, not Jason Campbell. He's looked fine.:2cents:

Thats all these young kids know nowadays.

Most of em in real life probably cant even put down there PS3 or XBox 360 long enough to watch the entire game.

BTW, I've seen quite a few "older" people slam this team as well - I'm the one trying to paint a rosy picture.

EDIT: And I'll save sophmoric generalizations. I wouldn't want to come off as a "youngin"

Truly, I'm not worried. If we had won the last two games by the same margin, I wouldn't be dancing in the streets, so I'm not jumping off of the nearest bridge because we lost by the same margin. Now, having said that, if we go 1-4 by the same margins....:doh:

7-9 ~ 8-8, sorry if I cant remember the record but can remember him as a coach.

First, no one turned it into an attack until the OP questioned someone's "memory" due to their age. Just cause you're 47 doesn't mean you're all knowing, just like because I'm 20, I'm not dumb. A lot of older people make that assumption of the 20 year olds and I find that flabergasting since you then deem our opinion "unworthy".

As for "swarming like piranhas" on an "offender's opinion" - welcome to a message board on the Internet. Thick skins not included.

I knew you'd hop in, which is fine. You have many well-informed posts, but what you and many others(again, not just restricted to twentysomethings) don't realize is that you take any variance from your opinions as personal stabs. The thread actually took a turn for the worst when tml6157 directed FanSinceSonnyJ to post his genuine question elsewhere. I would submit that, since FanSinceSonnyJ started this thread, tml6157 ignore his question and not respond if he found the content less than compelling. As for being all-knowing or dumb, I never bragged or accused anyone of knowing or not knowing anything. These boards are for discussion, not personal affronts, attacks or personal agendas. Sure some people get their feelings hurt, but by and large, this is a discussion forum that belongs to the Redskin Nation at large, not those who insist that every statement made requires a vitriolic response. And while I appreciate your condescending tone regarding message boards, I was already aware of message boards back in 1997. I don't recall seeing you posting anywhere when you were 9. Thick skin or no.

just like because I'm 20, I'm not dumb. A lot of older people make that assumption of the 20 year olds and I find that flabergasting since you then deem our opinion "unworthy".

This is singlehandedly the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Just kidding corrupt3d...although we don't agree on a lot of things on here, I respect your opinion.

Besides, it's Friday night...shouldn't we all be out drinking somewhere by now?

:cheers:

A legitimate question.

An "over-the-top" uncalled for toned response. Last time I checked, this was a forum where this kind of stuff can be discussed.

Confrontational, yet some would say warranted, considering the response he got to an honest question.

Just a bit of evidence that you're providing to prove FanSinceSonnJ's assertion regarding being "barely old enough" to remember the Spurrier era.

I really cannot understand why some of you (and a lot of you are in, but not restricted to, your twenties) insist on turning honest ponderings into personal affronts that, in turn, require attack reponses from you. Harder still to understand why many of you, because someone has a different opinion than you, then gang up on whoever you deem the offender and then swarm on them like a school of pirahna. Yet, the hardest thing to understand is why the Mods allow this kind of stuff to continue.

Thanks Jury. I only fired when fired upon. I believe it is simply immaturity that leads to the pack dog mentality that goes on some of these boards. Regrettable.

Not sure about you guys, but we've looked lousy the last two preseason games on both sides of the ball. I'm reminded of the Spurrier era when we started out hot in preseason and went on to a subpar season. Jason Campbell has also looked weak...again.

Did Spurrier have JC, TC, CP, CC, MM, JT to name a few on his roster. I didn't think so. This thread now can be closed.

Edit: Honorable mentions goes out to Colt and yes Mix is still tall.

So in one breath you call out a poster for acting he knows more about the Redskins, then in the next you say YOU know more about the Redskins than anyone else?

That's quite the "I'm better than you" insult from a 16 year old masquerading as a 28 year old.

Friendly advice, you need to go to your local community college for a reading comprehension class :doh:...I called him out for thinking he knows more about the Redskins just because he is OLDER...

I said I know more about about 90 percent of people about FOOTBALL in general, 90 percent of people isn't "anyone else" and it isn't specifically about the Redskins...This is because I inspire to be a coach and I put forth alot more effort to learn as much as I can about the game, and I have studied for endless hours about the best sport there is...

And uh, I made my account when I was 12 or 13...I didn't know if you had to be a certain age to make an account so I put a fake birthday just to be sure. In NUMEROUS posts and THREADS, I have stated my REAL age. That is hardly considered "masquerading" :rolleyes:.

I guess since im young I must be less intelligent or less knowledgeable? Well if thats true its kind of pathetic to take shots at me you had to state nothing but false info in your post calling me out...I'm a teenager and I'm more mature then you, grow up.

Enough with the age crap. Just cuz you're older doesn't mean you haven't led a life of cluelessness while a young guy gets it. I guess only those who are at least 70 can talk about Baugh being the greatest Redskin, for example. I mean, all that acess to video tape, newpaper articles, and sports writers opinions doesn't help at all, you actually have to be a disrespectful old man who disrespects others and then hypocritically demands them to respect him, right?

You say you hate it when the youngsters act like some did in this thread. I say I hate the older people who use their age as a crutch, or the sole reason why they're right and you're wrong. So you saw the glory years, BFD! I had just turned 10 only a week before the Skins won the Superbowl in January 1992, and I still remember the game. However, what I don't do is arrogantly hold that over people's heads who are even only 5 years younger than me, and thus don't remember the game. Sorry, but if you have to lean on age to win an argument, then your argument isn't very good. And in this case it rings very true. I guess now you can go back to disrespecting those who disagree with you, and praising the one guy who's agreed with you in this thread.

They probably were stupid their whole life and want to use their age to make it seem like they know more then younger people, probably waited FOREVER just so they could be like "I'm older then you! Your young! You don't know what your talkin about!" Experience is VERY valuable to your life, but that doesn't mean you know more about ANYTHING...just because you have more experience in it. I respect all my elders...even if people like the people insulting young people for our lack of knowledge are acting more childish then a 12 year old.

:2cents:

Did Spurrier have JC, TC, CP, CC, MM, JT to name a few on his roster. I didn't think so. This thread now can be closed.

Stupid response that has absolutely nothing to do with my post. If you don't have anything to contribute, except snide insults, then put your hands back in your lap.

Sheesh, what is with this place? Is it a contest with a handful of you guys just how insulting you can be on folks visiting this place? Unbelievable.

I can't believe you put JC, TC, and MM in there... JC has yet to prove anything... MM, we're not even sure if he's going to make the roster... TC, well... He's still only our backup QB...

If you put it that way... Spurrier had Danny Wuerffel (preseason warrior), Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, and Bruce Smith.

I can't believe you put JC, TC, and MM in there... JC has yet to prove anything... MM, we're not even sure if he's going to make the roster... TC, well... He's still only our backup QB...

If you put it that way... Spurrier had Danny Wuerffel (preseason warrior), Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, and Bruce Smith.

Exactly. I don't understand the mentality nor motivation of some of the clowns around here. They seem to thrive on "one upping" each other with the snide comments and insults with their fellow board members around here.

How would you know, "kid"? LOL. Rant over.

Poor baby doesn't want to display his age and then talks about others. YaY!! I guess if young people don't know nothing, get the **** off your computer because Bill Gates was a dropout and made the computer for what it is today:rolleyes:

Thanks Jury. I only fired when fired upon. I believe it is simply immaturity that leads to the pack dog mentality that goes on some of these boards. Regrettable.

Do you not see the problem here? You are claiming this great maturity on your part yet you went on the attack at the drop of a hat. Maybe next time you could try taking the high road and just ignoring that post instead of resorting to attacking someone solely on the basis of their age. Not to mention the fact that disregarding someone's opinion or post just because of their age is just downright silly. Living through the glory years doesn't really make you a better or even more knowledgeable fan. In fact people who have stuck through the crappy years would have to be quite loyal don't you think?

I knew you'd hop in, which is fine. You have many well-informed posts, but what you and many others(again, not just restricted to twentysomethings) don't realize is that you take any variance from your opinions as personal stabs. The thread actually took a turn for the worst when tml6157 directed FanSinceSonnyJ to post his genuine question elsewhere. I would submit that, since FanSinceSonnyJ started this thread, tml6157 ignore his question and not respond if he found the content less than compelling. As for being all-knowing or dumb, I never bragged or accused anyone of knowing or not knowing anything. These boards are for discussion, not personal affronts, attacks or personal agendas. Sure some people get their feelings hurt, but by and large, this is a discussion forum that belongs to the Redskin Nation at large, not those who insist that every statement made requires a vitriolic response. And while I appreciate your condescending tone regarding message boards, I was already aware of message boards back in 1997. I don't recall seeing you posting anywhere when you were 9. Thick skin or no.

Of course I'd hop in - you guys are insulting my age group. I don't take everything as a personal attack (the "20 year olds are dumber" however, I do). I'm strong about my viewpoints and if I see something I disagree with - I dont approach it as an attack, I post my thoughts as to why I think its wrong. I have no agenda against anyone, just strong opinions which I feel should/can/will be voiced on a message board - as for 1997? Yes, you win. The first forum I went on was my own - I ran my own website for Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and it was pretty successful, the forums were kinda busy. Hosted on Geocities too. Circa 1998.

I will say this: I'm sad you see my posts as a personal attack all the time - they most certainly, this case to SonnyJ withstanding, are not. Like I said, I voice my opinions and don't see why thats wrong on a messageboard.

I do, however, find your posts insightful - even if I disagree - as well, hence why I always respond to them.

This is singlehandedly the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Just kidding corrupt3d...although we don't agree on a lot of things on here, I respect your opinion.

Besides, it's Friday night...shouldn't we all be out drinking somewhere by now?

:cheers:

Likewise, and not with a game tomorrow against Delaware, no. Besides, I'm Muslim, designated driver for life ;)

Exactly. I don't understand the mentality nor motivation of some of the clowns around here. They seem to thrive on "one upping" each other with the snide comments and insults with their fellow board members around here.

Snide comments and insults? Pot, meet kettle. Generalizations is almost as bad as ignorance really. I don't insult posters, nor do I "one up" them, unless they insult me first - or say something incredibly stupid. And before you say "that is a characteristic of a 20 year old", you may want to look at your posts in this thread as well, hardly any of them deal with the topic at hand, but deal with how "stupid" young kids are. Maybe you should be a role model and stay on topic and earn the respect you say you deserve.

Everyone older than me has my respect automatically, people say I'm the perfect gentleman. I don't, however, take too kindly to being generalized as someone who cant put down the PS3 controller. Though, yes, I do play and own a PS3, I, among a high percentage of my population, have the ability to put it down and walk away.

Do you not see the problem here? You are claiming this great maturity on your part yet you went on the attack at the drop of a hat. Maybe next time you could try taking the high road and just ignoring that post instead of resorting to attacking someone solely on the basis of their age. Not to mention the fact that disregarding someone's opinion or post just because of their age is just downright silly. Living through the glory years doesn't really make you a better or even more knowledgeable fan. In fact people who have stuck through the crappy years would have to be quite loyal don't you think?

sableholic, respect your elders, they're always smarter - can't you see that once they start pulling from Social Security, this country's economy will be destroyed, and once they all die off, the problem will be on our shoulders?

Stupid response that has absolutely nothing to do with my post. If you don't have anything to contribute, except snide insults, then put your hands back in your lap.

Sheesh, what is with this place? Is it a contest with a handful of you guys just how insulting you can be on folks visiting this place? Unbelievable.

Oh wait, this was suppose to be a smart thread. I am sorry. I thought you were comparing Spurrier with coach Zorn. Spurrier with no NFL coaching experience where as Zorn has a lot more - maybe not as a HC but still a NFL coaching assistant in the Shadows of a coach who won a SB.

You are also right that where do these people come from. Sheeesh indeed.

My bad I forgot to inlude Zorn as their leader compared to Spurrier....see my response above as well.

You're talking about other people not having anything to contribute but snide insults? You are the one that started bringing up age in the first place and got your own thread out of control! You call someone's response stupid and tell them to keep their habds in their lap and then in your post after this one you call people who disagree with you clowns? Dude, I don't know how old you are but calling people stupid and using the jerk off emoticon have showed everyone here that age does not equal class or maturity. You made your point and some people didn't agree with it and you attacked them and said they don't know about the Redskins because they weren't there to witness the glory year. Give me a break! If anything us young guys are twice the fans you are! We have suffered through horrible years. We've been dumped on for Spurrier and Snyder for as long as we can remember. We have seen more bad teams than good. But you know what? We know our Redskins history as much as anyone. We have watched Riggo's run on Youtube over and over wishing we remembered it. We have heard tales of the Hogs from our fathers and sat wide eyes hearing all the stories of the mighty Joe Gibbs. We know the names: Theisman, Jurgenson, Baugh, Mann, Manley, Grimm. So don't come at these young guys on your high horse and insult their knowledge of the Skins just because they didn't get to jump on the bandwagon in the glory years! We have been here through the bad times and will cheer harder than anyone when these new Skins deliver us to the promised land once again.

after these past 2 games,im very worried

Archived