Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier era, round 2 ???

FanSinceSonnyJ

And when you don't understand that you generalized, it is useless to point out that which you don't understand. But I'll humor you. I'll let it die if you let it die...think you can do that? We'll see.

Sheesh, what's with this Elk'sBong guy? He certainly is not well representing his generation. :doh: My guess is he simply enjoys the attention of attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :D

Thanks for you reasonable rebuttal to his hypocritical position.

We absolutely can let it die. I can even be " a big man" and apologize to you if I truley did offend you. Which I do. I know I didn't make any generalizations, I was very specific on who I was talking about, but you obviously thought otherwise. No harm, no foul.

Apology accepted, but, like I said, when you said "cronies" and "those that support you", it's not a far stretch to feel I was included in that group since I tried to help clarify how this argument began, so I beg to differ regarding the generalization. That being said, it was big of you to apologize and I accept the apology in the spirit with which it was given.:cheers:

I've already put the OP on ignore anyways, but when someone says offensive and stereotypical things on here as the OP has done, they will be held accountable. I believe I was the bigger man, as I responded myself instead of bothering a mod, or calling for a ban. Usually ignoring someone is the best medicine, but that isn't always easy, as we've both proven in this thread.

lol, granted. And please understand, I feel the same amount of indignation when someone takes shots at us older posters as you do when someone takes shots at you young whipper snappers.

I will leave you with some advice, take it or leave it. If someone says something that is truley offensive and prejudiced, they should be held accountable for their words, regardless of who they are or what groups they represent. Attacking those who are offended and are responding because of that, is a nasty thing to do. If this had been almost any other group besides youngsters that was generalized, the OP would have been banned and this thread locked. Do what's right and fault the offender. He shouldn't get a pass just because some youngster might have been a little rude.

I don't need any advice because you and I aren't too far apart on this issue. As I said earlier in this very post, I feel the same way when someone disses the older posters as you do when it happens to the younger posters. And just as this poster shouldn't get a "pass', neither should the poster who told him to post on another thread. I truly abhor the way some people speak to others on this board, especially since we all pull for the same team...whether Sonny is the QB or Colt, I mean, Jason Campbell; whether Spurrier is coach or Zorn; and whether the colors are Burgundy and Gold or Burgundy and Black.

:dallasuck

I give respect to people until they prove they don't deserve respect. You started this thread by saying Zorn reminded you of Spurrier, but you gave no support of that claim whatsoever. The guy you responded to initially was right in saying that this thread could easily have gone in one of the other threads about the state of the team right now. You immediately were disrespectful by insulting and demeaning that person. Then you decided to take it further and try to generalize an entire age group. That's prejudice, and like I said if you have to use age as a crutch then you really have nothing at all.

You would be well served to stick to actual topics instead of harping on someone about age, and blabbering about it through the rest of the thread insulting every 20-something by making harsh and unfair generalizations. That's completely disrespectful, was unnecessary, and all you've done is continue to cry about how the young kids are "disrespectful". You're a hypocrite, and if you're going to continue to sit back and bash younger people, and make stupid generalizations, then you indeed aren't worthy of respect, as you can't give it to anyone who is young and/or disagrees with you. There's a reason this thread only has 1 star, and there is a reason all the young guys are dumping on you. You started it with your stupid, and disrespectful, generalizations about young people. You reap what you sow.

:applause::notworthy

maybe we can all act like adults and simply let this thing die?

This is coming from someone who is not in his 20's and remembers the "glory years".

but this thread and the content within represents the acts of not older people or younger people but more like those that don't know how to reign in emotion and be responsible.

It's a simple request. Try to think before you post. Try to remember we are all fans of the same team.

:applause::notworthy

maybe we can all act like adults and simply let this thing die?

This is coming from someone who is not in his 20's and remembers the "glory years".

but this thread and the content within represents the acts of not older people or younger people but more like those that don't know how to reign in emotion and be responsible.

It's a simple request. Try to think before you post. Try to remember we are all fans of the same team.

My sentiments exactly! Hopefully all can agree on this.

• 1 month later...
;5651346']Not to discredit your optimism' date=' for I share in it, but we did start out 3-1 in Spurrier's 2nd season...............we finished 5-11.

These next 3 games will say alot about this year's team.[/quote']

Nah, because then you'll have the "Not to discredit your optimism, for I share in it, but we did start out 7-1 under Norv...we finished 9-7 and out of the playoffs" lol ;)...

Archived