Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lack Credibility, Disrespect Have Not Seen

Chief skin

I have not heard this mentioned in the media maybe it got lost in the invasion and the olympics. During the opening ceremonies Busho the clown sat there in the stadium with other international leaders specifically Putin. Now Putin's country soviet union (oops freudian slip Russia) had just INVADED a soverign Nation. Does anyone find this as a blatant rebuke, disrespect, and total disregard for the President of the USA. I realize Busho has lost credibility with the American people, now it is crystal clear how he is viewed on the international stage. This just strikes me as the ultimate political insult and I have not heard it discussed by any of the talking heads in the media. In addition, it makes Busho look worse based on the fact that he made that foolish statement (a year ago) of looking into Putin's eyes seeing his soul and it was good. Granted Medvedev is the President of the USSR ( oops Russia) and he is calling the shots but, Putin still carries a lot of weight (power behind figure head) reminds me of Cheney and Busho. Thoughts, comments

I'm not sure that it was intended the way you see it, given that both leaders had planned to be at the Olympics no matter the situation in Georgia. I'm not sure of the timeline, but both Bush and Putin had spoken to each other either before the opening ceremony or right afterward regarding what was going on.

Sorta related to the OP:

From the shots of Bush at the opening ceremonies, didn't it look like he and Putin had regular-'ol seats like everybody else? I mean, it looked like he was scrunched in there with all the other Joe Schmos in the stands. You would think that as the Leader Of The Free World he could have scored better tickets.

Sorta related to the OP:

From the shots of Bush at the opening ceremonies, didn't it look like he and Putin had regular-'ol seats like everybody else? I mean, it looked like he was scrunched in there with all the other Joe Schmos in the stands. You would think that as the Leader Of The Free World he could have scored better tickets.

He was sitting with the other leaders.

He was sitting with the other leaders.

Well I KNOW that, but the seats they had made it look like they were sitting in the regular stands. I guess I was struck by the contrast with the Chinese leader and the IOC leaders, who had real chairs with a tabletop in front of them lined just so with complimentary binoculars and water bottles. Cut to the leader of the free world, who is scrunched in the cheap seats ass and elbows with everybody else. There are, what, 200 some countries participating? They can't squeeze in dream seats for those leaders who came to watch? :whoknows:

Well I KNOW that, but the seats they had made it look like they were sitting in the regular stands. I guess I was struck by the contrast with the Chinese leader and the IOC leaders, who had real chairs with a tabletop in front of them lined just so with complimentary binoculars and water bottles. Cut to the leader of the free world, who is scrunched in the cheap seats ass and elbows with everybody else. There are, what, 200 some countries participating? They can't squeeze in dream seats for those leaders who came to watch? :whoknows:

So they build a special section of the stadium to accomodate the leaders and their wives, not to mention all of the secret service and protection that comes along with them?

It is obvious the Bush bashers are trying to make something aout of nothing.

What got me and I don't know if this was bad timing or just a really anti-Bush technical director, but everytime they flipped to Bush when I started watching (after 11 pm) he was yawning and checking his watch and looking disinterested. At any rate, I thought he looked bad for fading and zoning out... it reminded me of the emperor during Amadeus.

What did you want him to do, start throwing haymakers? If he didn't attend it looks like weakness on his part. This seems like Bush bashing for the sake of Bush bashing.

:laugh: They should have taken it to the Judo facility and settled it mana a mano.

Sorta related to the OP:

That stadium doesnt have luxury boxes. It wouldnt look good to The People of a communist country, where suppossedly everyone is equal in the eyes of The State.

What got me and I don't know if this was bad timing or just a really anti-Bush technical director, but everytime they flipped to Bush when I started watching (after 11 pm) he was yawning and checking his watch and looking disinterested. At any rate, I thought he looked bad for fading and zoning out... it reminded me of the emperor during Amadeus.

Ok, you try flying west for 18 hours and looking chipper the next day.

Or maybe it was just you waiting expectantly for something to criticize...

So they build a special section of the stadium to accomodate the leaders and their wives, not to mention all of the secret service and protection that comes along with them?

It is obvious the Bush bashers are trying to make something aout of nothing.

You assume from that post that I was bashing Bush?? How in the world did you get that conclusion?

:laugh: They should have taken it to the Judo facility and settled it mana a mano.

I don't know. Putin has the eyes of a stone cold killer. Bush stays in shape, but Putin is rock solid for an older guy. Plus, he's ex-KGB, so who knows what he was taught back in the day.

Burgold, the massive time difference in international travel does catch up to humans sometimes...

I will say that it was - what's the word, weird? awkward? surreal? - seeing Bush and Putin sitting a few feet from each other watching the light hearted opening ceremony while knowing that the brutal battle in Georgia was raging at that very moment.

From the coverage yesterday it seems that what had happened is that Georgia had sent tanks into S.Ossetia against the wishes of the U.S. State dept. WE WARNED THEM NOT TO DO IT. Bush seems to have had talks with Putin about a limited response from Russia, but Putin lied about what they were going to do. The leader of Georgia over played his hand, assuming that any response from Russia would me met with military action from us.

You Bush bashers are the real clowns, you credibility is shot to the point that you damage your own cause. Of course Bush deserves critism for an array of things but posts such as this one are a joke.

Or maybe it was just you waiting expectantly for something to criticize...

Hey, I criticized the TD first :laugh:

Honestly, the three times they flashed to him while I was watching (between 11 and 12) I saw a yawn, and a watch check, and him watching. Now, three ain't a great sample size, and I came in after he was sitting and watching this thing already for three hours, but I thought it was terrible luck or an really evil TD/cameraman combo on his part.

That stadium doesnt have luxury boxes. It wouldnt look good to The People of a communist country, where suppossedly everyone is equal in the eyes of The State.

But as residents of a communist country surely they can understand that "All people are equal, but some people are more equal than others."

Hey, I criticized the TD first :laugh:

Honestly, the three times they flashed to him while I was watching (between 11 and 12) I saw a yawn, and a watch check, and him watching. Now, three ain't a great sample size, and I came in after he was sitting and watching this thing already for three hours, but I thought it was terrible luck or an really evil TD/cameraman combo on his part.

On one cutaway shot to him, he was absent-mindedly drumming himself on his thigh with the miniature flag he was holding, kinda keeping the beat to the music. I thought to myself that if Fox News had a clip of Obama doing that, we would have heard flagpin-type outrage about him desecrating the flag like that.

I don't know. Putin has the eyes of a stone cold killer. Bush stays in shape, but Putin is rock solid for an older guy. Plus, he's ex-KGB, so who knows what he was taught back in the day.

Putin- ex KGB

Bush- ex cheerleader

I think we know who wins that fistfight.

(I'm not bashing, I'm just saying...)

Archived