Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

batman's gun jammed, shopper thwarts caped crusaider's plan

robotfire

You gotta read the article and watch the video on this page.

Shopper braves gunfire to battle Batman bandit

Tape captures customer wrestling armed robber disguised as 'hero'

Posted: August 09, 2008

12:50 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

In the middle of an armed robbery of a Tulsa, Okla., grocery store by a man wearing a Batman mask, one customer leaped into action, charging, wrestling and subduing the gunman until police arrived.

A surveillance video captured several minutes of the struggle as the customer, Craig Stutzman, single-handedly wrestled the robber across the store before finally pinning the phony Batman to the ground in the store's parking lot.

Video of the violent wrestling match, courtesy of KOTV-TV of Tulsa, can be seen below:

Stutzman, 44, an American Airlines mechanic, had stopped at the Food Pyramid store to buy some dog food before leaving town for a family reunion, according to a Tulsa World report. While he was shopping, a man entered the store wearing a Batman mask over the upper portion of his face and a red bandanna over the lower.

The robber, Tony Leroy Cleveland, waved a loaded gun at customers and store employees, herding them to the front of the store.

According to Tulsa police reports, when a customer ducked behind a counter, Cleveland fired the gun, missing the customer's head by mere inches.

The gun then jammed, and that's when Stutzman seized his opportunity.

"It took me a few seconds to register that we might have an opportunity here," Stutzman told Tulsa World. "From there, it just happened. It started in the store and ended outside. Everything else was a blur."

It looks to me like that was two major incidents that each stemmed multiple charges. But damn. There's a dude that doesn't need to be on the street anymore.
And not just for being a terrible person, but for besmirching the good name of one of my heroes. First of all, Batman doesn't carry a gun. Second, Batman would never let his gun get jammed. Third, Batman would not be beaten up by an American Airlines mechanic. He's the WORST batman ever!!!!

EDIT: Worse than George Clooney!

Yeah, no doubt this guy should be off the streets. Batman USED to kill villains, so I can't hate on the gat-carrying but it's the criminal use of the firearm that bothers me here.

And sullying the great name of Batman with that criminality. BUt then again, maybe he's just taking the heat to take attention off of the misdeeds of Tulsa's "White Knight."

The Dark knight does NOT carry a gun.

Only cuz he's in a fantasy world and is a billionaire with the highest-tech available.

What the guy says to him in the beginning of the movie is true--"what's the difference?" Bruce Wayne can afford to indulge his self-righteousness.

Those of us who live in the real world can't. If anyone was ever attempting to be a "Dark Knight" in real life, they'd have to use lethal force more than once (and most effectively with a gun)

And not just for being a terrible person, but for besmirching the good name of one of my heroes. First of all, Batman doesn't carry a gun. Second, Batman would never let his gun get jammed. Third, Batman would not be beaten up by an American Airlines mechanic. He's the WORST batman ever!!!!

:laugh: :applause: :laugh: :applause:

Once the guy jumped in and started wrestling with the scumbag, it seemed to me that the others took their sweet time before they jumped in. I'm sure it's a terrifying time and all, but still, if you're going to stand there watching, help out.

Once the guy jumped in and started wrestling with the scumbag, it seemed to me that the others took their sweet time before they jumped in. I'm sure it's a terrifying time and all, but still, if you're going to stand there watching, help out.
It almost looked like they were thinking, "Yeah, this mechanic's got it. Maybe I should... no, nevermind. Wait, okay, I'm going to kick batman."

Actually...

tec032-12.jpg

Wow, the old-school Batman used to carry a gun to shoot at already-dead people in their coffins? That is hardcore.

In my opinion, the Batman movies have all been failures so far. When are we finally going to get a big-screen adaptation of the following Batman classic:

detective_comics_339.jpg

Wow, the old-school Batman used to carry a gun to shoot at already-dead people in their coffins? That is hardcore.

In my opinion, the Batman movies have all been failures so far. When are we finally going to get a big-screen adaptation of the following Batman classic:

detective_comics_339.jpg

That's why I laugh when I read posts about how Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are so faithful to the Batman comics. No, they are not. Most of the comics are ridiculously stupid in the grand scheme of things. The movies are only slightly reminiscent to Frank Millers' books. Even then, Frank Millers' books can get a little corny. In one series he wrote, Batman abuses Robin like a little ***** it's hilarious.

goddamn_batman.gif

The most faithful Batman adaption is the Batman TV show from the 60's. :D

Archived