Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check out AlGore's HOUSEBOAT

Sarge

Gore is a hypocrite. And that deserves to be pointed out. IMO, it's really that simple.
Wonder how many carbon credit's it takes to offset this?
Honest question. Say every American uses energy and pollutes like Gore. Does the environment get better or worse?

Did you guys even READ the rest of the article, or did you have your mind made up at moments you read the name "Gore"? I'm guessing it's the latter:

http://www.nashvilleistalking.com/node/58791

^--- (from the SECOND page of the article...)

UPDATE 08-06-08 10:42am - Solar panel wiring is underway on Bio-Solar One today, and the solar panels, which are inside the boat, will be mounted tomorrow.

UPDATE 1:46pm - Jerry Barlar is at the marina now and will have a followup at 6pm. Gore spokesperson Kalee Kreider tells NIT that once the solar panels are completely installed (by weeks end), they will fully power the boat when it's in use. When the boat is not in use, the solar panels will feed renewable energy back into the grid at the marina. Bio-Solar One uses about 4 gallons of biodiesel on a typical weekend, depending on use. This is about 20-25% more fuel efficient than other boats this size. Tennessee is a leader in the production of biodiesel fuels.

UPDATE 3:01pm - One of the things you will see in tonight's report is a bank of batteries that store the solar energy. There are 16 of them, each weighing 167 pounds. That's more than a ton of batteries. The power that is not used will be enough to power 4 or 5 other boats at the marina.

READ THE DAMN ARTICLE FIRST BEFORE YOU COMMENT!

I love it.

Someone criticizing me for not reading, just posted something that had already been offered IN THIS VERY THREAD, six minutes ago.

READ THE DAMN THREAD BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

:laugh:

Hypocrisy abounds. :point2sky

I love it.

Someone criticizing me for not reading, just posted something that had already been offered IN THIS VERY THREAD, six minutes ago.

READ THE DAMN THREAD BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

:laugh:

Hypocrisy abounds. :point2sky

No, dude. See, I'm a person who likes to think out what he types before he hits "post." Our posts were 6 minutes apart; for me to multi-quote you and Sarge, then bold-en the cut-and-pasted bits from the article took--gee!--more than six minutes.

You still got owned. :silly:

I wonder why republicans are so obsessed with Al Gore's energy consumption, but never mentioned that the "old white haired dude," who says he's going to make us energy independent and get us off oil, just happens to fly around in his own private jet also.

Because old white haired guys don't make movies saying we're all going to die tomorrow with dust in our throats if we don't conserve and quit using oil

Criticizing Al Gore is not an adequate substitute for being honest about environmental issues.

Certain right wing media sources (and posters) seem to think that if they can just slay Al Gore the person, than the substantive issues that Al Gore is seen to represent will just go away, or somehow lose their objective validity.

They are incorrect.

Because old white haired guys don't make movies saying we're all going to die tomorrow with dust in our throats if we don't conserve and quit using oil

But they do go around saying that they are going to make us energy independent and get us off foreign oil.

C'mon Sarge, I hope even you can see the double standard you are applying.

Criticizing Al Gore is not an adequate substitute for being honest about environmental issues.

Certain right wing media sources (and posters) seem to think that if they can just slay Al Gore the person, than the substantive issues that Al Gore is seen to represent will just go away, or somehow lose their objective validity.

They are incorrect.

Not at all.

We can all agree that a cleaner environment is a good thing. (It won't change the sun's cycles, but still.)

All I am saying, P, not speaking for anyone else, is that Al Gore is in NO position whatsover to tell me to make changes to improve the environment.

How many of you actually clicked the link...I'm no Al Gore fan, but...the boat is mainly powered by solar. As the article says it will only need to be filled with gas once a year. So, are you trying to prove that Al Gore does things green?

Dude, the guy doesn't LIVE on his boat, he probably uses it once a year, hence the once a year gas filling. Whenever we houseboat, we only fill it once too.

Exactly. I wouldn't enjoy pointing out Gore's hypocrisy as much if he weren't so damn condescending about his rabid environmentalism and man-made global warming crusade.

Meh, the company's description of the boat as a Prius on water pretty much makes this whole thread useless, even if the panels were yet to be installed.

Sarge, I agree with you that Gore is nowhere near as Green as one could (or should) expect given his penchant for trying to play Captain Planet, but this boat is a bad example of him being a hypocrite.

And before I get lumped in with the "being bad to the environment is okay because Gore is a hypocrite" crowd, that is not my position.

Just my :2cents:

Dude, the guy doesn't LIVE on his boat, he probably uses it once a year, hence the once a year gas filling. Whenever we houseboat, we only fill it once too.

well again...do we know how much he uses it? How far he travels? Not to mention...its bio-diesel.

They are incorrect.

I don't think MOST people here are doing what you are suggesting. Most are NOT saying criticism of Al Gore is a substitute for substantial talk about environmental issues. I DO think environmental issues are important. I think getting us off foreign oil IS important. I think becoming energy independent IS important.

However, I also balk at condescending jerks telling us we need to live one way, wanting to tax us, etc. then going out and using way more energy than the rest of us and offsetting his use by planting some trees.

I don't think MOST people here are doing what you are suggesting. Most are NOT saying criticism of Al Gore is a substitute for substantial talk about environmental issues. I DO think environmental issues are important. I think getting us off foreign oil IS important. I think becoming energy independent IS important.

However, I also balk at condescending jerks telling us we need to live one way, wanting to tax us, etc. then going out and using way more energy than the rest of us and offsetting his use by planting some trees.

Just curious if you ever saw the movie?

I understand that. But why do you think there is so much right-wing focus on Al Gore the person? The answer is simple - they want you to be outraged at him personally so you will not support policies that he is associated with, so you will think he must be lying, etc.

This tactic may not work with you, but it works with a lot of people.

Aw come on. We'd be like a clean China. What's wrong with that? :silly: :laugh:

Don't even get me started on China.

You know, to be honest, I was excited about being a first time voter this year.

Now, looking at things realistically, I'm kind of put off. Obama isn't what I thought he was going to be and McCain is just a big no for me.

What is a person to do?

Not to mention...its bio-diesel.

Did bio-diesel suddenly become non polluting?

Is that ton of batteries environmentally neutral in manufacturing and mining?

Personally I don't give a ****,but it is conspicuous consumption of resources and anyone truly concerned about the environment would agree.

The man leaves a huge footprint,carbon and materially.

I understand that. But why do you think there is so much right-wing focus on Al Gore the person? The answer is simple - they want you to be outraged at him personally so you will not support policies that he is associated with, so you will think he must be lying, etc.

This tactic may not work with you, but it works with a lot of people.

I guess this is really in response to Keast, but calling someone a "condescending jerk," has nothing to do with his policies. It is the very definition of someone being "outraged at him personally."

Kman, I'm not sure how you can say that you don't fall into this category.

Archived