Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check out AlGore's HOUSEBOAT

Sarge

When you spend your life telling other people what THEY need to do to fix the environment, you invite criticism when you're not doing the same. I don't see why that's so difficult to understand.

But the people that don't understand that, are the same people who criticize Bush for ACTUALLY being green. So I feel pretty good about that, and you should too, Sarge. :)

So to sum up Sarge's logic:

Gore has a houseboat so we can continue to ignore the environmental problems and we'll be okay in the end.

Honest question.

Say every American uses energy and pollutes like Gore.

Does the environment get better or worse?

Honest question.

Say every American uses energy and pollutes like Gore.

Does the environment get better or worse?

Worse.

But I'm not an idiot and I don't do something just because someone else is doing it.

I know the environment needs some help without Gore's input.

Sarge seems to be assuming that everyone who believes in Global Warming thinks Gore is some sort of saint.

Gore isn't. He never will be.

Quick google search:

http://www.nashvilleistalking.com/node/58791

Al Gore's Bio-Solar One

Submitted by Christian Grantham on August 5, 2008 - 4:59pm.

The solar panels for Al Gore's new boat (Bio-Solar One) will be installed at Hurricane Marina tomorrow.

It's just a hunch, but I bet you won't find a single one of the following conservatives there taking pictures for their follow-up blog posts.

It's likely you won't hear much about the fact that the boat carries enough fuel for a year's use and is called the Toyota Prius of boats by the company that sold it to Gore. Those facts, it seems, have a distinctly liberal bias.

More at the link.

When you spend your life telling other people what THEY need to do to fix the environment, you invite criticism when you're not doing the same. I don't see why that's so difficult to understand.

But the people that don't understand that, are the same people who criticize Bush for ACTUALLY being green. So I feel pretty good about that, and you should too, Sarge. :)

Are you saying that he has endorsed policies to limit your ability to buy houseboats?

If so, doesn't that also effect his houseboat?

Worse.

But I'm not an idiot and I don't do something just because someone else is doing it.

I know the environment needs some help without Gore's input.

Sarge seems to be assuming that everyone who believes in Global Warming thinks Gore is some sort of saint.

Gore isn't. He never will be.

Thanks for the honest answer.

IMO, Gore is Brandon Lloyd of the 2007 Redskins, telling everyone else to step up their game. The man gets zero respect from me.

I will say this too. All of the people who believe in (important designation) MAN-MADE global warming may not believe Gore is a saint. But many of them get awfully defensive when he's criticized.

Thanks for the honest answer.

IMO, Gore is Brandon Lloyd of the 2007 Redskins, telling everyone else to step up their game. The man gets zero respect from me.

I will say this too. All of the people who believe in (important designation) MAN-MADE global warming may not believe Gore is a saint. But many of them get awfully defensive when he's criticized.

I don't care if Gore is criticized. But if those who feel the same way as Gore but not because of Gore are criticized in the process, then I have a problem with that.

Cheers.

:cheers:

look at the people who criticize him...

guys like Sarge, who have no credibility but constantly use distraction, lies, and all other sorts of fallacious arguments

look at the people who criticize him...

guys like Sarge, who have no credibility but constantly use distraction, lies, and all other sorts of fallacious arguments

Gore is a hypocrite. And that deserves to be pointed out. IMO, it's really that simple.

How many of you actually clicked the link...I'm no Al Gore fan, but...the boat is mainly powered by solar. As the article says it will only need to be filled with gas once a year. So, are you trying to prove that Al Gore does things green?

The guy profited off his movie, and his talks...he can afford a big boat...good for him. But for saying the thing isn't eco friendly, is ummm false.

You know exactly what I meant, but thanks for the distraction.

I know what you mean, do you know what I mean?

I'll assume you don't for the sake of me elaborating

He has supported macro scale policies which reduce everyone's effect on global warming. Has he ever endorsed any policies that effect everyone but himself?

Also, the post above is pretty interesting... isn't it?

I know what you mean, do you know what I mean?

I'll assume you don't for the sake of me elaborating

He has supported macro scale policies which reduce everyone's effect on global warming. Has he ever endorsed any policies that effect everyone but himself?

Also, the post above is pretty interesting... isn't it?

No.

He just doesn't do what he claims to endorse.

How many of you actually clicked the link...I'm no Al Gore fan, but...the boat is mainly powered by solar. As the article says it will only need to be filled with gas once a year. So, are you trying to prove that Al Gore does things green?

The guy profited off his movie, and his talks...he can afford a big boat...good for him. But for saying the thing isn't eco friendly, is ummm false.

He's just now getting his panels installed. Before that, it's been sucking electricity from evil oil companies. Had this never come to light, I imagine that boat would still be plugged into the dock

It's his game anymore. It's all he's got, especially when trying to defend a hypocrite

I know, right?

I guess they all would've been onboard if Bush came out and made a movie about not warrantless-wiretapping before NSA broke. :laugh:

UPDATE 08-06-08 10:42am - Solar panel wiring is underway on Bio-Solar One today, and the solar panels, which are inside the boat, will be mounted tomorrow. News 2's Jerry Barlar is heading down today for a follow up report. You can see his report from yesterday's 6pm newscast here.

UPDATE 1:46pm - Jerry Barlar is at the marina now and will have a followup at 6pm. Gore spokesperson Kalee Kreider tells NIT that once the solar panels are completely installed (by weeks end), they will fully power the boat when it's in use. When the boat is not in use, the solar panels will feed renewable energy back into the grid at the marina.

Bio-Solar One uses about 4 gallons of biodiesel on a typical weekend, depending on use. This is about 20-25% more fuel efficient than other boats this size. Tennessee is a leader in the production of biodiesel fuels.

UPDATE 3:01pm - One of the things you will see in tonight's report is a bank of batteries that store the solar energy. There are 16 of them, each weighing 167 pounds. That's more than a ton of batteries. The power that is not used will be enough to power 4 or 5 other boats at the marina.

Thank you, GACOLB. Those of you that thought you were making a clever point about Al Gore may go silently sulk now.

No.

He just doesn't do what he claims to endorse.

like trying to be as green as possible

He didn't install his solar panels quick enough to please Sarge... the hypocrite. I can't believe people are so ****ing dense... so now everyone that promotes charity has to live an ascetic life style, everyone that is against abortion has to kill abortion doctors. Give me a break, compare him to people with similar wealth and see how he stacks up. Everything isn't black and white you know.

But clearly you have already made up your mind,

He's just now getting his panels installed. Before that, it's been sucking electricity from evil oil companies. Had this never come to light, I imagine that boat would still be plugged into the dock

I understand what you are saying, and my question is how long has he had the boat, and how long has it been plugged in? Maybe it was plugged in to power the lights or any power tools that may be in use to rig it for solar panels.

Trust me, I don't like Al Gore, and I think he has been a hypocrite on alot of things, but without knowing more about the boat, I can't condemn him for it.

Archived