Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check out AlGore's HOUSEBOAT

Sarge

Did bio-diesel suddenly become non polluting?

Is that ton of batteries environmentally neutral in manufacturing and mining?

Personally I don't give a ****,but it is conspicuous consumption of resources and anyone truly concerned about the environment would agree.

The man leaves a huge footprint,carbon and materially.

Almost every very, very wealthy person in the world does. Fact of life.

Don't even get me started on China.

You know, to be honest, I was excited about being a first time voter this year.

Now, looking at things realistically, I'm kind of put off. Obama isn't what I thought he was going to be and McCain is just a big no for me.

What is a person to do?

Don't listen to the media, you're not safe anywhere. Watch the debates and make up your own mind.

Almost every very, very wealthy person in the world does. Fact of life.

Certainly,but most very wealthy people ain't selling man-made global warming.(while making a living off it)

Gore should STFU IMO.... You can't be the mouthpiece for "going green" when you live the way he does. He absolutely had the right to live any way he wants, but don't go around preaching about the global warming and what we need to do etc.. if you are not going to live by your own example.

He needs to just go away.

Nah....

He stepped out of it by referencing his hunt-and-peck typing skills; and third-grade cut-and-paste ability. :D

H_h, you're being a little intellectually dishonest here, and you still haven't even addressed the fact that I kinda proved you were talking out of your ass at the beginning of this thread.

If ya can't beat the message, beat the messenger... :rolleyes:

Certainly,but most very wealthy people ain't selling man-made global warming.(while making a living off it)

No, most are ignoring man-made global warming so that they can happily consume more and pretend that there are no consequences.

I guess that is better in some people's worlds? :whoknows:

H_h, you're being a little intellectually dishonest here, and you still haven't even addressed the fact that I kinda proved you were talking out of your ass at the beginning of this thread.

If ya can't beat the message, beat the messenger... :rolleyes:

My point at the beginning of this thread was that Gore is a hypocrite. That HASN'T been disproven.

Oh, and you can't claim yourself to have "owned" someone. That's like giving yourself a nickname. :laugh:

(And you'll notice, I never typed the word "houseboat" until RIGHT NOW. There's a reason for that. His houseboat may be more efficient than most. His house, private jet, and PWC are not. I referenced Gore as a total package of consumption and pollution, and made the point that if we all lived like him, our environment is hosed.)

Now, if you can dispute any of this, please do. :)

The first link is incredibly slanted; it only bothers to mention, save for a couple of its listed "bio-diesel facts," soy-based BD. Ethanol, for example, is significantly cleaner-burning than soy-based BD.

What about the blooming ethanol industry in Brazil, where Brazilian consumption of Venezuelan petro has dropped...40% because of bio-ethanol?

No, most are ignoring man-made global warming so that they can happily consume more and pretend that there are no consequences.

I guess that is better in some people's worlds? :whoknows:

If you're willing to spend 45 TRILLION dollars on something that might not work, that's your prerogative. I'm not.

I'd guess we'd largely agree on improving current and future emissions standards. But just to fix "all" of our current issues with pollution in the United States, the estimate is 45 trill. (About 6 times the current ENTIRE federal budget.)

And why does everyone ignore the word "global?" We're infinitely cleaner than China. But all of our changes and improvements don't mean jack if we can't get them onboard. How do we do that?

I'm asking, not trying to be a smartass. (This time.) ;)

My point at the beginning of this thread was that Gore is a hypocrite. That HASN'T been disproven.

OK, so what? Every human being who ever lived, save for Jesus Christ, is a hypocrite. At least Gore's trying...

Oh, and you can't claim yourself to have "owned" someone. That's like giving yourself a nickname. :laugh:

OK, sorry. Next time instead of 'owned,' I'll just say 'shot a massive hole into the side of your terrible argument.' The essence is the same. Stop trying to shift the terms of the debate to the unimportant.

(And you'll notice, I never typed the word "houseboat" until RIGHT NOW. There's a reason for that. His houseboat may be more efficient than most. His house, private jet, and PWC are not. I referenced Gore as a total package of consumption and pollution, and made the point that if we all lived like him, our environment is hosed.)

Once again, back to the whole intellectual dishonesty thing. You simply can not use an article that cites Gore's green-ness as an instrument to prove his un-green-ness. Give us some sources that back up what you're saying or stop talking out of your ass.

Also remembering the people who attacked John Kerry because his wife wasn't paying enough taxes. Apparently, a Rich Man who wants to raise taxes on The Rich (but not everybody else) is a liar and a hypocrite, whereas a Rich Man who wants to cut taxes on himself (but not on everybody else) is upright and honest.

Better make sure I never advocate a political position that I think is good for the country, but bad for myself, personally. Since that seems to be the definition of hypocrisy.

Gore should STFU IMO.... You can't be the mouthpiece for "going green" when you live the way he does. He absolutely had the right to live any way he wants, but don't go around preaching about the global warming and what we need to do etc.. if you are not going to live by your own example.

I really don't get this illogical, rabid hatred of Gore in particular.

By this logic, nobody who expresses concern about the federal budget deficit can receive any federal funding (no Social Security, tax credits, etc) without being a "hypocrite."

And anyone who is concerned about starving children in Africa is a "hyprocrite" unless they personally give, what, 25% of their wealth to those children? 50%? 100%?

And anyone who is for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and is of proper age and health should be enlisted in the army by now, right? Otherwise, by this logic, you are a "hypocrite" for supporting these wars unless you go yourself.

And to what extent are environmentalists in particular supposed to go in order to be considered "real" environmentalists? Must they live in a hut and eat only food that falls from trees and consume no electricity at all?

And as others have commented, the merits of Al Gore's message has absolutely NOTHING to do with Al Gore himself. I think people realize the truth of his message, and their answer to avoiding the uncomfortable (some might say inconvenient) truth is to shoot the messenger, over and over, with a machine gun.

And BTW, despite these rabid right-wing attacks, Al Gore is leading a relatively green life. He buys carbons credits to offset his consumption, which is a valid way to make one's life "carbon neutral" since that money goes to wind and solar power generation. The whole "electric bill at his house" thing has already been debunked, and now we find out that this boat is also green. These attacks might be credible if they were actually, you know, true.

The first link is incredibly slanted; it only bothers to mention, save for a couple of its listed "bio-diesel facts," soy-based BD. Ethanol, for example, is significantly cleaner-burning than soy-based BD.

What about the blooming ethanol industry in Brazil, where Brazilian consumption of Venezuelan petro has dropped...40% because of bio-ethanol?

So you want to talk about ethanol or diesel?

Different critters altogether,btw what blend does the Goracle use?

Surely it is not pure bio-diesel since that is usually blended with regular diesel.

So you want to talk about ethanol or diesel?

Different critters altogether,btw what blend does the Goracle use?

Surely it is not pure bio-diesel since that is usually blended with regular diesel.

Corn, soy-beans, french-fry grease, who cares as long as it's cleaner-burning than petro? ...oh, and not directly funding terrorist regimes in the Mid-East or Chavez down south?

Archived