Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got tickets to see 'Skins at 49ers!

Fletch1

My wife just got me tickets for the Redskins at 49er's game on 28 Dec as an early Christmas/birthday gift. :point2sky

I am recently stationed in the Monterey area and have never been to an opposing team's stadium. We are in the lower level, 8 rows behing the Redskins' bench!!

Anyone here ever been to Candlestick that can give me some pointers about the stadium, parking, tailgating, 49er's fans, etc?

Thanks and Hail.

:helmet:

I can't tell you much except that I will also be there. I don't know how long you've been out here but my impression is that 9ers fans are pretty chill for the most part. After winning all those Super Bowls I think you get kind of contented. Anyway, it's the Raiders fans that you should look out for. They will mess with you anytime be it football related or not, and are usually pretty burly.

As far as getting there, I have no idea about parking but check out CalTrain or the MUNI to see if they have special service. It'll probably be cheaper to park somewhere in San Mateo or even further to the South and just take the train the rest of the way. Save on gas and save on hassle when the game's over.

I've been there, parking from what I recall wasn't too expensive and it wasn't hard finding a spot.

The fans are actually really cool, won't give you too much crap being a Redskins fan with the exception of the drunk idiot who'd give you crap about something else anyhow. Really old stadium, not much there to excite you but it's still fun to visit.

Have a good time, I'll likely be down there as well once the time comes.

I went in 1999 when we won the east and tickets were 50 bucks for anywhere I sat about 20 yard line front row.

I wish I would have sat higher everytime the ball was down there you couldnt see that good because of the players standing and would be in the way.

Parking was 20 bucks back then and I have to say that stadium is a dump I can not believe they have not got a new stadium yet it was old in 1999 and 9 yrs later it has to look worse.

My wife just got me tickets for the Redskins at 49er's game on 28 Dec as an early Christmas/birthday gift. :point2sky

I am recently stationed in the Monterey area and have never been to an opposing team's stadium. We are in the lower level, 8 rows behing the Redskins' bench!!

Anyone here ever been to Candlestick that can give me some pointers about the stadium, parking, tailgating, 49er's fans, etc?

Thanks and Hail.

What language are you studying? I was at DLI twice. Loved every minute of it! I may make the trip to SF this year. Congrats on the gift?

What language are you studying? I was at DLI twice. Loved every minute of it! I may make the trip to SF this year. Congrats on the gift?

Thanks. Not actually studying a language, I am the Admin Chief for the Marine Detachment. The area is beautiful and so far I am loving it.

I will be looking for the ES tailgaters when we get there! Thanks for all the info.

I also just got my DirecTV DVR and Sunday Ticket!

This is after 3 years of getting up at either 2:00 or 3:00 am to see games on TV in Japan, so I am pumped up.

HTTR

I've been looking forward to this game ever since I saw it on the schedule!

The stadium is really old. Bring lots of layers of clothes as well, because candlestick...err 3com park...err monster park (whatever they call it these days) is really windy and cold. Parking is pretty easy and fans for the most part are really chill.

The area itself is in the hood, so dont expect to hang outside of the stadium after the game, however downtown SF is just a few minutes up the freeway, and lots to do. I'd try and make a weekend out of it if you could and get a hotel up there (at least for the night).

Maybe I'll see some of you ESers there? I've always wanted to get some faces with the names on here :)

Thanks and Hail.

I've seen the Skins the last couple of times they've played the Niners and my only advice is this: take B.A.R.T. if you can into the area as it really sucks the last couple of miles getting into where the stadium is. Basically, it is a cluster f*** all the way and you can spend an hour and a half going the last 2-3 miles. That said, the fans are cool (much more civlized than the Raiders fans) though the stadium is pretty dated at this point. Bring a blanket or a substantial jacket too as it gets mucho cold and windy pretty much every game as it's right on the water.

That said, I'll probably make it up again this year to watch our team win and ready themselves for the playoffs. I'll keep an eye out for the Skins crew in the parking lot pre-game.

Archived