Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your jersey is too clean

Burgold

They're hung in the closet. They're neatly folded in your bureau. They are pressed and clean and still have the smell of detergent. It's time to take them out. It's time to play some 'ball with the kids. Your 'skins jersey needs to be muddy and worn and loved. It's got to be in game shape.

Because it's almost game time.

My jersey's are quite the opposite. They are wrinkled, smelly, and need a good washing. Some are in the trunk of my car from last season's Dallas game. Some are underneathe my bed. And I believe my Portis one is in the laundry because I still wear at least one jersey year round.

I hear the sentiment, Burgold, but I've said before around here that you don't want me weaing Redskins jerseys. (I do wear shirts and hats all year round.)

My first jersey: Heath Shuler

My next jersey: Patrick Ramsey

After that: LaVar Arrington

Noticing a pattern?

A couple years back, I figured there was no way to jinx Portis, so I borrowed his jersey for a game. Injury.

Last year, I was hoping maybe the curse didn't apply during the preseason, and I wore Marcus's jersey when we played the Steelers. Injury.

It's uncanny, and I won't ever wear the jersey of an active Redskins player again.

My girlfriend and I have a halftime "tradition" - so my jersey always ends up smelling like a bag of @$$ after a few weeks. Therefore it MUST be washed.

Note: We are VERY clean people - but she's a Patriots fan... so we have very angry "relations" during football season.

I hear the sentiment, Burgold, but I've said before around here that you don't want me weaing Redskins jerseys. (I do wear shirts and hats all year round.)

It's uncanny, and I won't ever wear the jersey of an active Redskins player again.

Hmmm... there are couple of Cowboys Jersies I think you should think about buying :evil:

Note: When washing your jerseys (at least, those authentic replicas... sort of an oxymoron there, I guess), don't place in the dryer.

Granted, some people like that totally worn-out look, but I prefer my jerseys retain their original condition - sans a beer/mustard stain here and there. And putting a replica jersey in the dryer is the quickest way to make your jersey look 15 years old after 1 or 2 cycles.

My girlfriend and I have a halftime "tradition" - so my jersey always ends up smelling like a bag of @$$ after a few weeks. Therefore it MUST be washed.

Note: We are VERY clean people - but she's a Patriots fan... so we have very angry "relations" during football season.

So what exactly is the halftime tradition:whoknows:

My girlfriend and I have a halftime "tradition" - so my jersey always ends up smelling like a bag of @$$ after a few weeks.

I don't know what's worse... that your jersey smells like a "bag of @$$," or that you don't wash your jersey for weeks after this so-called "tradition"....

TMI :secret:

I have Redskins dogtags (one with a bottle opener) sitting in my desk at work. Can't wait to put them on Sunday.

It's obviously bagging @$$. :laugh:

Lol...i was hoping for a more detailed response. Good thing I know what he actually meant because I don't think I would have been able to figure out what the tradition was based on "bagging ass". Dems not terms we use 'round her.

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE NOT WASHING THEIR JERSEY!?!?!?!? Seriously?

I don't understand that. Why would you want to smell like ****. Unless if its a game worn jersey that you want to frame, then why keep it filthy. I don't know how any woman would want to be around someone that doesn't wash their clothes and smells like "a bag of ass".

Archived