Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Win-Loss Record This Season?

RobJanis

I dunno, it just seems like something a non-fan would say, if you really think we are going to fail I guess you arent excited for the season.

Sorry dude i just dont like that a redskins fan would come out and say I think we are going to go 3-13, and show no hope for a season where expectations are actually pretty high for the first time since 2000...maybe youre just trying to not jinx us I dont know

2000? Expectations for this team were very high in 2006, and not just around here (where expectations are high every year).

8-8 sounds about right. New system, tough division, some injuries to overcome...

Anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6.

If Blache isn't a better DC than his history suggests, and Zorn shows us why there has never been any mention ever of him being a head coaching candidate anywhere then we could go 6-10.

If things are the other way around then who knows, we could go 10-6 but I wouldn't expect any better or worse since we do have a pretty good team but will always have key injuries that we can't make up for by being dominate at the QB position.

I guess if everything went right and we got lucky in a couple games, and nobody important gets injured we could do better but we could also lose most of our OL or DL and do worse so thats not any way to base a prediction.

I'll go 7-9 because our schedule could screw us. Facing all of our division teams on the road early and then them being our only home games in the 2nd half of the season isn't going to help much. Maybe we get lucky and win 1 of the road division games but I'm sure we will lose at least one of the late season home games since Zorn's offense will probably struggle after everybody figures him out or we will lose some after Moss, Griffen, Springs, Thomas, Washington, Portis, and Jansen all miss some games due to their annual injuries.

8-8. I know its pretty non-committal but I just can't see them being absolutely awful returning all of the starters, getting Thomas and Jansen back and adding a premier pass rusher and multiple new offensive weapons. I also can't disregard and entirely new coaching staff and system and say it won't have an impact.

No, it's something a non-homer would say. It's something that somebody who has looked at the way this team has been built and doesn't believe it's a very good team would say.

Hope and Promise and Potential are not things I look for Backpark3r. I look for talent, proven ability, and dominance. None of those things are on this team in abundance. My EXPECTATIONS are 19-0 and a Super Bowl EVERY YEAR. It's an unreasonable EXPECTATION which is generally tempered with the knowledge that we're not going to get anywhere near that.

Well then why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Ill bet you a set of lower level tickets to the first two home games next year that we win at minimum 7 games more than double what you are predicting. Either that or you can just pay for me to go to our FIRST playoff game this year, which i know we will make and yes i said first because there will be more than one.

Well then why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Ill bet you a set of lower level tickets to the first two home games next year that we win at minimum 7 games more than double what you are predicting. Either that or you can just pay for me to go to our FIRST playoff game this year, which i know we will make and yes i said first because there will be more than one.

This team was 5-7 at one point last year and you are betting several hundred dollars that they are going to win 7 this year, despite a new coach, unproven QB, and new offense? Bold move.

Put that bet out there on a non-Redskins board and you'll get dozens of takers, if not hundreds.

Not many here though...

Besides, the chances of me being able to, or wanting to get to FedEx Field for one game, nevermind two, is exceptionally low.

My family lives up in Mass as well and I can't stand the area. I'd rather go to a skins game in dc than a pats game in Foxborough :)

At any rate, I am not as negative as you but I do agree that the team is a few injuries away from a disasterous season. Given the fact that we have a 1st year head coach worries me because if the team starts out bad, ie marty year, we don't have that experience at the coaching position to pull them out. You may disagree with me, but Gibbs was an awesome coach in that regard. He could rally the team when they were playing poorly.

However, even though I'm not as negative as you I am more optimistic and I think that the team has enough youth and talent to make a good run this year. As you stated before, we'll just have to wait and see the results.

I'm hoping you're dead wrong and I'm sure you're hoping the same :)

Cheers

My family lives up in Mass as well and I can't stand the area. I'd rather go to a skins game in dc than a pats game in Foxborough :)

It's not my personal utopia either, but I'm kind of stuck here for the time being. Never been to the new stadium in Foxboro for football. Been there for soccer twice. The old stadium was awful. Unfortunately for multiple reasons I've never been to a Redskins game in DC.

I'm hoping you're dead wrong and I'm sure you're hoping the same :)

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

And you call yourself a skins fan.. 11-5:2cents:

I don't get this mentality...since when does being a fan automatically require one to expect a great season?

Hey, I'm a fan...but I'm still expecting 7 or fewer wins this year.

10-6:

@ Giants (L)

Saints (L)

Cardinals (W)

@ Cowboys (L)

@Eagles (L)

Rams (W)

Browns (L)

@Lions (W)

Steelers (W)

Cowboys (L)

@Seahawks (W)

Giants (W)

@Ravens (W)

@Bengals (W)

Eagles (W)

@ 49ers (W)

...painfully optimistic, but looking at each game individually, that's how i see the games going.

@ G-men (W) - It will be a close game and the skins take the win with a sack from Carter that causes a fumble and Fletcher scoops it up and runs to the endzone for the winning touchdown.

vs. Saints (W) - Another close game but the Saints defense folds in the fourth and Portis scores 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter.

vs. Cardinals (W) - Another game just like last years game versus the Cards. Close but the defense stays stout and wins the game for us.

@ Pukes (L) - Hate to say it but being at Dallas wont be friendly to us. Offense struggles and the D keeps it close for awhile, but eventually cant keep up.

@ Eagles (W) - This one the skins run away with. Taylor and Carter have a field day with D Mac. Skins win this one big.

vs. Rams (W) - Al Saunders will want revenge on us but doesnt get it. Our offense will start clicking this game and the Skins win big again.

vs. Browns (L) - The Browns will be tough this year and our offense wont be able to win this shootout. Its a close one but the brownies win it.

@ Lions (W) - This wont be the blowout like last season but we do walk away with the win.

vs. Steelers (L) - Monday night under the lights and our season is going good. But the Steelers defense will be too much and we lose this one.

vs. Pukes (W) - With the lose to Pitt the skins are wanting a win bad and spank the pukes and send them out of Fedex bruised and battered.

@ Seachickens (W) - The student has now become the teacher and Zorn schools his former team. Skins win a close one.

vs. G-men (L) - The meadowlands wont be kind to us, we lose in a pitiful display.

@ Ravens (L) - Trap game. We go in and dont play well and the Ravens come away victorius.

@ Bengals (W) - The bengals will be a mess and Chad Johnson wont be a factor in this game. We come away with an easy win.

vs. Eagles (W) - Last home game of the year and Fedex is jumpin. Paloffs is now. Skins win start getting momentum ready for the postseason.

@ 49ers (W) - We close the season on high note when we tromp the 9ers. I think landry has 2 picks in this game 1 of those returned for a TD.

So 11-5. Although there will be injuries and struggles with the offense. The skins have a good year win one playoff game and are sent home the next round.

@ G-men (W) - It will be a close game and the skins take the win with a sack from Carter that causes a fumble and Fletcher scoops it up and runs to the endzone for the winning touchdown.

vs. Saints (W) - Another close game but the Saints defense folds in the fourth and Portis scores 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter.

vs. Cardinals (W) - Another game just like last years game versus the Cards. Close but the defense stays stout and wins the game for us.

@ Pukes (L) - Hate to say it but being at Dallas wont be friendly to us. Offense struggles and the D keeps it close for awhile, but eventually cant keep up.

@ Eagles (W) - This one the skins run away with. Taylor and Carter have a field day with D Mac. Skins win this one big.

vs. Rams (W) - Al Saunders will want revenge on us but doesnt get it. Our offense will start clicking this game and the Skins win big again.

vs. Browns (L) - The Browns will be tough this year and our offense wont be able to win this shootout. Its a close one but the brownies win it.

@ Lions (W) - This wont be the blowout like last season but we do walk away with the win.

vs. Steelers (L) - Monday night under the lights and our season is going good. But the Steelers defense will be too much and we lose this one.

vs. Pukes (W) - With the lose to Pitt the skins are wanting a win bad and spank the pukes and send them out of Fedex bruised and battered.

@ Seachickens (W) - The student has now become the teacher and Zorn schools his former team. Skins win a close one.

vs. G-men (L) - The meadowlands wont be kind to us, we lose in a pitiful display.

@ Ravens (L) - Trap game. We go in and dont play well and the Ravens come away victorius.

@ Bengals (W) - The bengals will be a mess and Chad Johnson wont be a factor in this game. We come away with an easy win.

vs. Eagles (W) - Last home game of the year and Fedex is jumpin. Paloffs is now. Skins win start getting momentum ready for the postseason.

@ 49ers (W) - We close the season on high note when we tromp the 9ers. I think landry has 2 picks in this game 1 of those returned for a TD.

So 11-5. Although there will be injuries and struggles with the offense. The skins have a good year win one playoff game and are sent home the next round.

From your lips to Gods ears bro. Sweeping the birds? Nice!!!!

Zombie gaze into crystal ball for results of Skins new season

Ooooooogaaa Booooogaaaaa!!!

Booooogaaaa Looooogaaaaa!!!

Zombie sooooo Zorrnnnnnnyyyyyyaaaaa!!!!!

@ Giants- L 21-13

Saints- L 34 - 21

Cardinals-W 26-13

@ Cowboys-L 21-20

@Eagles- W 35-10

Rams-W 23-3

Browns-W 31-28

@Lions-W 19-14

Steelers-L 24-17

Cowboys-W 31-21

@Seahawks-L 30-20

Giants-W 21-7

@Ravens-W 45-13

@Bengals-W 27-6

Eagles-L 14-13

@ 49ers-W 31-0

10-6

Playoffs Wildcard

Washington vs New York Giants - W 23-20 overtime

Divisional Round

Washington vs Green Bay Packers - L 17-14

LOCK IT UP!

Zombie doesnt need to give you analysis. You complain and Zombie eat you.

At least we not lose to Seahawks again this year...

A new HC with no HCing experience. Another new offense. An aging offensive line. The lack of a solid player and leader at the QB position. The fact that they're counting on contributions from at least one (and probably more) of the three rookie WR's.

A D-Line that has nothing of value in the middle and no depth at all. A linebacking corps that's aging and potentially in deep trouble if even a single injury occurs. A defensive backfield that has only one true NFL talent at this point (Landry). The fact that the defense is going to play a "bend then break" Cover 2 style most of the time.

Basically this team right now is a house of cards. One good gust of wind and it's going to implode on itself in dramatic fashion.

Yeah, but you just gave the kind of description that would fit most of the teams in the NFL. The soild teams can be counted on one hand.

Yeah, but you just gave the kind of description that would fit most of the teams in the NFL. The soild teams can be counted on one hand.

True. The difference is that we haven't been one of those solid teams since the 1991-92 season. I truly believe this team is set up for a massive implosion. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

No, it's something a non-homer would say. It's something that somebody who has looked at the way this team has been built and doesn't believe it's a very good team would say.

Or a non skins fan like i said

Hope and Promise and Potential are not things I look for Backpark3r. I look for talent, proven ability, and dominance. None of those things are on this team in abundance. My EXPECTATIONS are 19-0 and a Super Bowl EVERY YEAR. It's an unreasonable EXPECTATION which is generally tempered with the knowledge that we're not going to get anywhere near that.

Do we not have talent? Did we not make the playoffs last year? Did we not lose atleast 2 games last year that we SHOULDVE won? We added pieces this offseason that will give us those 2 wins that shoudlve been wins.

Anyway, atleast your Patriots will have a great season right, sucks that yall lost the superbowl though after winning all those games

I don't get this mentality...since when does being a fan automatically require one to expect a great season?

Hey, I'm a fan...but I'm still expecting 7 or fewer wins this year.

A fan should always expect the highest atleast IMO. All the Skins fans that i chill with would never say something at the beginning of the season such as expecting 7 or fewer wins. We always expect the best

And lol you live in South riding, Im there every weekend, so if you talk **** ima come see you (lol just playing) I live in Ashburn

Do we not have talent? Did we not make the playoffs last year? Did we not lose atleast 2 games last year that we SHOULDVE won? We added pieces this offseason that will give us those 2 wins that shoudlve been wins.

I would suggest that we do not have that much talent, Backpack3r. We backed into the playoffs. We had to win out at the end of the season. Good, talented teams do not have to do that. Good, talented teams win games throughout the season and win out to secure home field advantage, not just to sneak into the playoffs, only to have their proverbial skulls kicked in by a perrenial loser franchise like Seattle.

What have we added? Three rookie WR's who haven't even proven they can play in the NFL? A PUNTER? A Defensive End who was only brought in because one of the questionable D-Linemen we had sustained a season ending injury on the FIRST PLAY of training camp? Balance that out against a new head coach, two new coordinators, and a return to a starting QB who we never should have drafted in the first place and I'm not so sure I see anything other than a net loss for this team; and I wasn't impressed with them LAST YEAR.

Archived