Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Win-Loss Record This Season?

RobJanis

I think we get off to a quick start (3-1) and Dallas gets 3 games of tape and a win at their place. Then, we rattle off 4 wins to the break and are 7-1. Steelers beat us, we get redemption at home vs Dallas and lose in Seattle (again) but get a run of wins the last 5 games.

13-3!!!

:eaglesuck

Why r people saying that the steelers beat us? Skins r way better then the steelers and we have them home and i think its time we win in seattle

If you want me to visit LESS often we need to have a dominant, WINNING team. At that point there wouldn't be any need for me to get out any anger and frustration related to the team, so there wouldn't be any point in me being here in The Stadium.

Come on, now really.

I'm SURE you'd be here to complain that we're winning UGLY...even if we went 16-0.

:laugh:

11-5 is totally doable. Split home and away with the East, go 3-1 against the AFC North (Pittsburgh kills us for some reason) and drop Zorn's return to Seattle (sorry, too much recent history there.) The AFC North is shaky, and we couldn't have gotten much of an easier slate aside from those (DET, STL, SF, NO).

It's a very easy schedule, at least going on last year's performances. Everybody talks about how tough the division is, and it's true, but it's only six games out of sixteen.

I like how you think.;)

Look around, there is all kinds of talent on out team. We should have a chance to win every game. Will we win every game, probably not, but we have the potential to win every game. I feel we SHOULD win 11 or 12, but there are so many varibles involved, like injuries that it is too hard to predict. I do think we will win game 1, and well see what happends after that.

who the hell is that guy that said 3-13 he should be offically banned from this site, we only loss one game by more than a touchdown and that was with playing with a very weak offense, im saying 11-5 or 12-4, the problems we have arent hard to fix as long as we stay healthy we are more than fine, im also calling at minimun 4-2 in the division everyone is hyping up the eagles which i have no clue why they suck and the giants will totally fall off this season, and against the cowgirls we just have to play well cuz that is our only competition in the division this year

@ Giants-W

I'm actually forecasting a win here. We outplayed them twice last year, match up extremely well against them and their going to have to overcome the losses of Shockey and Strahan, neither of which will be easy

Saints-L

This one is going to have to be on the defense because we won't be able to outscore them. Shockey has always given us trouble and Bush/McAllister are going to be a strong 1-2 tandem.

Cardinals-W

C'mon, they're the Cardinals.

@ Cowboys-L

Too damn strong this early at their house.

@Eagles-L

They will be good early, but not for the long haul.

Rams-W

Here's where we start on a roll, the Rams are going to be pretty sorry again this year.

Browns-W

This could be a good old fashioned shootout..

@Lions-W

3 in a row for the Maroon and Black, 5-3 after 8 games

Steelers-L

Because this game is at home, it's going to be a tough one.. It'll be a good test of where we are as a team at this point in the season..

Cowboys-W

We have played them well recently at Fed-Ex.. We could be playing for first place..

@Seahawks-L

Let down game after 2 tough ones and a division game next week.. Master beats pupil

Giants-W

By this time the G-Men should be in full SB hangover mode and flailing around .500

@Ravens-W

Does anyone believe the Ravens are going to be good this year?

@Bengals-L

This is a classic "we should have won this game" game..

Eagles-W

We'll pick up a needed win against the Kevin Kolb (at this point) led Eagles

@ 49ers-W

A nice playoff tune-up, hopefully before hosting a playoff game and not traveling back out west!

10-6, 2nd place in the NFC East

Thank God that Gibbs guy is gone! Now we can see what this team can do under a REAL coach, huh?

Who cares about the learning curve for a new offense and new play caller? Who cares about the fact that the reason this team won out to go to the playoffs is now on the bench? Who cares about the still-unknown commodity at QB? Who cares about what is becoming an injury-prone offensive line? RIGHT?

Well, I care. I say 7 wins at most.

@ Giants-L

Close game but the world champs will pull it out at home. We'll play well though in Zorn's first game.

Saints-W

I like our D in this matchup...not to shut the Saints down, but to hold them down enough.

Cardinals-W

I like this matchup as well and I think we can have a comfortable game at home.

@ Cowboys-L

We don't typically come away with Ws in Big D.

@Eagles-L

This is the swing game...if we can steal this game (I think we do) we'll have a good year.

Rams-W

We'll need points, and we'll get them at home.

Browns-W

I think the Browns come back down to earth some this year. Jamal will give us trouble because he's VERY physical, but we'll win.

@Lions-W

We'll be fine in Detroit and need to win this game.

Steelers-L

We'll hang around, but I can't remember the last time we've outplayed Pittsburgh.

Cowboys-W

Big, huge game...we split with Dallas for the home crowd!

@Seahawks-L

I don't give us much of a chance in this one (especially coming off the Dallas game).

Giants-W

We split with another division rival here. I see us having a great game all around.

@Ravens-W

No contest. Flacco? Really?

@Bengals-L

We lose this game simply due to mistakes and missed opportunities...we should win but @ Cincy just seems like a game we find a way to lose.

Eagles-W

Big game and we get the W to have a winning division record.

@ 49ers-W

We should be fine here. I don't like what SF has done over the past couple years, though they aren't horrible at all.

10-6

11-5 or 12-4

i mean we were a couple plays away from winning 10 or 11 games last year with THAT conservative offense....imagine what we can do with a little more FREEDOM

There were a couple games last year where we were a play or two away from losing games. Remeber getting lucky when Arizona missed that FG? It goes both ways....

There were a couple games last year where we were a play or two away from losing games. Remeber getting lucky when Arizona missed that FG? It goes both ways....

We were lucky that they missed a 50+ yard FG after a frantic onside kick/comeback attempt.

I actually agree with your point, but if we had lost that Cardinals game THEY would have been lucky...we were not lucky to win it.

I'd point to the Miami, Philly, and Jets games (along with your example) of games that might have gone either way if a couple things happen differently. However, we had Green Bay, New York, Dallas, Buffalo, Philly, and TB that could have been Ws.

I look at it like this:

We only lost one game that we had no shot in. We won five games like that. That means that 10 games could have gone either way from that point.

I respect your opinion, but what about this team makes it "primed and ready for a massive implosion" in your mind?

Thanks in advance.

A new HC with no HCing experience. Another new offense. An aging offensive line. The lack of a solid player and leader at the QB position. The fact that they're counting on contributions from at least one (and probably more) of the three rookie WR's.

A D-Line that has nothing of value in the middle and no depth at all. A linebacking corps that's aging and potentially in deep trouble if even a single injury occurs. A defensive backfield that has only one true NFL talent at this point (Landry). The fact that the defense is going to play a "bend then break" Cover 2 style most of the time.

Basically this team right now is a house of cards. One good gust of wind and it's going to implode on itself in dramatic fashion.

A new HC with no HCing experience. Another new offense. An aging offensive line. The lack of a solid player and leader at the QB position. The fact that they're counting on contributions from at least one (and probably more) of the three rookie WR's.

A D-Line that has nothing of value in the middle and no depth at all. A linebacking corps that's aging and potentially in deep trouble if even a single injury occurs. A defensive backfield that has only one true NFL talent at this point (Landry). The fact that the defense is going to play a "bend then break" Cover 2 style most of the time.

Basically this team right now is a house of cards. One good gust of wind and it's going to implode on itself in dramatic fashion.

OK...I'll give it shot!

I'll give you the fact that a head coach with no head coaching experience is a negative.

However, the new offense does not concern me as other teams have shown they can have great years in year one of a new coaching staff/offensive system with MUCH more turnover than we have.

The OL is a little older than I'd like, however, low-30s is not usually the end of the line for linemen and we have talented ones.

I don't believe the Skins are counting on major contributions from either WR or their new TE. We have decent players at each position ahead of the rookies.

Campbell has been improving every year/game/offseason so, though he's not a star, he's serviceable at QB and maybe even better than that.

The DL has 3 very good players in the middle in Griffin, Golston, and Montgomery. There isn't great depth in the middle, but they have good backups on the ends (Evans, Wilson, and James).

I agree about the LB corps. I'm most worried about Washington.

The seconday has much more talent than just one player. That was an absurd comment. Springs is getting up there in age, but still very good. Smoot is dependable as is Carlos Rogers. Torrence got some good experience last year and should make for good depth and Tryon is panning out well by all accounts. I'm not sure what they have at safety opposite Landry, but I'm hopeful that Doughty and the kid from Cincy can hold down the fort. Doughty by himself played fine down the stretch without the improved pass rush we'll see this year.

I guess you'll just disagree with my points, but I think I'm much closer to reality than you are with the above assessment.

Archived