Another reason why Chris Cooley should be your favorite Redskin

Titaw

Last POTES election I'm hosting. Who's your POTES  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last POTES election I'm hosting. Who's your POTES

• Mass Skins Fan
    • Tastes Like Chicken

Fellow Es'ers,

I have always been a fan of Chris Cooley. He's a down to earth guy that tells us what's on his mind, not to mention a great player on the field. He has become my favorite Redskin of all time because of his heart.

My friend's sister had a baby boy, 7lbs 11oz Braden, on Thursday. We found out early in the pregnancy that her son would be born with a life threatening heart condition that would require multiple, expensive, surgeries over the course of the next year. She isn't rich and neither is her family, so we have done some fundraising events for her. We've done yard sales, bake sales and accepted donations, but nothing seemed to bring in a good amount.

Her brother and I decided to have a Poker Tournament in her benefit to raise money. I also wanted to see if I could get something to auction off at the Tournament to raise money. I got in contact with Tanner Cooley through Extremeskins to see if I could get something to auction. Two days later I received an autographed 8X10 of Chris Cooley complete with COA!

We had the Poker Tournament Friday and I am proud to say that we raised over $1,000 for her and her son. This includes the $175 we received for the picture. She was plesantly surprised and very greatful. She is now a full fledged Redskins fan and more importantly a Chris Cooley fan.

Fellow ESer's we have a great one on our team and his name is Chris Cooley.

Titaw

Classy move by a classy guy. Nice to see people willing to help. Best of luck with the rest of the fundraising.

Yeah, we are planning on having atleast 2 more tournaments. One in September and one in November.

Hopefully, we'll get an even better turnout for the next couple.

Archived