Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What game would you say summed up Gibbs 2.0?

Gart Monk

yeah, buffalo, after the loss of sean. it was the combination of gibbs and his famed motivation, especially after such hard times, and the cold truth that this game was now too complex for such an old guy. The class of the 10 player start, and then the stupidity of an old coach trying to ice a kicker twice.

2005 swept Dallas made playoffs on a 5 game win streak. Beat tampa in the playoffs despite a hobbled QB

2006 - beat Dallas in the Troy Vincent blocked field goal game. I loved that :)

2007 - Made the playoffs despite overwhelming odds and tragedy. No one thought the Redskins would make the playoffs after the bills game except a few of us here and the Skins in the locker room but they DID it.

What a great feeling.

The team is in the best shape it's ever been in with a YOUNG QB that has potential to be a franchise player.

That, is Joe Gibbs 2.0

24-17 loss to Giants last year

33-25 loss to Eagles last year

17-16 loss to Bills last year

All 3 of those games typified the Redskins' woes during Gibbs-II in one way or another: blown leads, conservative playcalling on offense, penalties at inopportune times, mental mistakes by players and coaches

I really don't want to say anything negative regarding JG 2.0, because in all fairness, since he left the first time, Turner, Robiskie, Schotty and Flubber Lips didn't exactly set the world on fire. To say JG did a good job, well, I think his record the 2nd time around speaks for itself, yet I feel he actually put the team in a good position for Zorn. With that said, I think we need to put to rest JG 2.0 and just remember Joe Gibbs overall with a record of 154-94 with 3 Superbowl titles in 4 tries.

I for one will never forget what Gibbs did for the franchise, but I'm really excited about Zorn. He sounds like a veteran coach already. When the players do something wrong, he says, "run it again," which means the players really respect him, something Turner, Schotty and SS didn't have. The players genuinely like Zorn and I think they are just as excited about the season as the fans are. I haven't seen a buzz like this coming from the players since the 1991-92 season.

I think we should just move on with regards to the best coach we ever had and embrace the Jim Zorn era. "Me so Zorny!!!"

Say, could you check the lotto numbers with that crystal ball, too?

At the end of last season, I had the same feeling I had after the first Eagles game in 82; I just KNEW the skins would win the SB.

I had a similar feeling in 91; there was no doubt in my mind that we would go all the way even before the first snap of the first game.

Gibbs left one season too early this time. :fortune:

New York Giants 36 Redskins 0

Sorry to bring back that memory.

I'd have to go with the SECOND Giants game of 2005, on Christmas Eve. We won 35-20, and it was the fourth of our five game winning streak. We had 20 people at our house, and it was the most fun, festive atmosphere. Everyone was throwing their beers up in the air and singing, "Santana Moss is coming to town!"

Please choose one game (2004-2007) that, in your opinion, can pretty much tell the story of Gibbs 2.0.

After four years of Gibbs 2.0 the Redskins went 30-34 (.469) in the reguloar season with two playoff appearances featuring a playoff victory in 2005.

Since the Skins had a losing record 2004-2007 I choose a game that they lost.

2005 vs San Diego. The Chargers did everything they could to give that game away but a few dropped passes and a crucial holding penalty proved to be fatal for the Skins that day. Probably the best game I ever went to. FED EX was as hostile as I had ever seen it. What game would you choose and why?

The Giant game showed the ineptness. Then Green Bay and so on.

:dallasuck

And then there was the 2007 at Tampa Bay game... Many of you must have deleted this atrocity from your memories. I would rather be captured by hostiles, tied up and tortured to the brink then to have to watch, undoubtedly, the worst NFL football game of this Millineum. Why do men have nipples???

And then there was the 2007 at Tampa Bay game... Many of you must have deleted this atrocity from your memories. I would rather be captured by hostiles, tied up and tortured to the brink then to have to watch, undoubtedly, the worst NFL football game of this Millineum. Why do men have nipples???

Don't forget the home Miami game last year. Barely beating the worst team in the league!

I can't pick just one because it was pretty inconsistent. I'm gonna go with November 18, 2005 and then last year's home game against the vagiants. Like someone else said, the dallass comeback shows how hard they fought at the end when they were coming from behind and then the vagiants game shows how a lot of times once they had a lead it was like they thought they could just quit.

arizona in 2007

@dallas in 2005

both games that we won that felt like we lost. dallas game was pretty much dominated until the last few minutes, and winning was insane, but we were pretty much outplayed that game sans two plays. same goes for the arizona game in 07, we got outplayed in terms of yardage and looked awful on offense in the 2nd half and did everything to let arizona come back instead of destroying them, yet we still we won.

gibbs tenure had 2 good years and two playoff runs, but i always still felt like we just werent a very good team, sorta like these two games.

Archived