Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irony or destiny?

Taylor 36

So, we tragically lose one defensive hall of famer named Taylor one year and then gain a defensive hall of famer named Taylor due to a practice tragedy the next year. Does anyone else sense the irony here, or does it feel more like destiny???

So, we tragically lose one defensive hall of famer named Taylor one year and then gain a defensive hall of famer named Taylor due to a practice tragedy the next year. Does anyone else sense the irony here, or does it feel more like destiny???

Taylor was a Pro bowler, not a hall of famer. Anyway I think people are reaching on this and I hope to god this doesn't start more more Sean Taylor threads.

while I think you are reaching ... i do feel this.

how many times have we seen the veteran with a stellar career sit and waste away on one squad and never win much, and then go to another squad at the tail end of his career and completely rejuvenate not only his careerr but his new team ...

i'm feeling that here .

when its all said and done, i think we as fans and the mediots are going to look at this move as the the one that got us over the top ...maybe not the big game, but a lot further then expected. of course they are going to say, well if phillip doesn't get hurt on a freak play the skins might not be at this NFC champ game, or would have never won their division ...

I've been here for a long time, and I've NEVER started one STaylor thread. Saying that I started this thread only to start another one is ridiculous. It is a legitimate question, not simply a reach; maybe some are not familiar with all the definitions of the word irony, IDK. However, I would expect a school principal to know them.

As far as S. Taylor not being a hall of famer only a pro bowler, Hognose, you must not have truly watched him play. Otherwise, you would not be able to deny that he was already one of the best to ever play the safety position and he was still getting better, maturing, and growing into his game. If allowed to play out his career fully, and if that career stayed on the current path, he would have been inducted. Maybe not first ballet, but his time would have come.

I for one think it is ironic how this has happened. I only hope that JTaylor performs at the high level that he has in the past with the Fins and brings a spark and added fight to our defense, the way that STaylor did. Regardless of how it viewed by others, there are now 13 offensive coordinators and o line coaches whose jobs just became a little more difficult for the upcoming season.

while I think you are reaching ... i do feel this.

how many times have we seen the veteran with a stellar career sit and waste away on one squad and never win much, and then go to another squad at the tail end of his career and completely rejuvenate not only his careerr but his new team ...

i'm feeling that here .

when its all said and done, i think we as fans and the mediots are going to look at this move as the the one that got us over the top ...maybe not the big game, but a lot further then expected. of course they are going to say, well if phillip doesn't get hurt on a freak play the skins might not be at this NFC champ game, or would have never won their division ...

I couldn't agree with this more. I feel the exact same way. This was a HUGE acquisition for the Skins and definitely an upgrade at the position. While I wish PD the best of luck...he simply does not compare to Jason Taylor. JT was unhappy in Miami and wanted to play for a contending team. Well...his wish has come true and I really hope that he plays inspired football...it could be infectuous!

I can see and understand how many of you think that this is nothing more than a Coincidence, however; there is a fair amount of irony involved here too. To have a potential HOF replaced by for sure HOF that both play w/ the same type of desire and recklessness for their bodies is more than just a mere coincidence.

I couldn't agree more that there are a lot of coaches that are now looking at the Redskins defense and thinking to them selves, well we need to think up a new offensive game plan.

I can see and understand how many of you think that this is nothing more than a Coincidence, however; there is a fair amount of irony involved here too. To have a potential HOF replaced by for sure HOF that both play w/ the same type of desire and recklessness for their bodies is more than just a mere coincidence.

You do realize that Jason Taylor is not a safety, correct?

Archived