Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irony or destiny?

Taylor 36

Another nice coincidence is that within 24 hours of us weakening our run defense on our left side and replacing it with a good pass rusher, one of our division rivals has traded away a controversial but good run-blocking TE in Shockey. That's two games right there in which we'll have less to worry about with Taylor on run defense.

Another nice coincidence is that within 24 hours of us weakening our run defense on our left side and replacing it with a good pass rusher, one of our division rivals has traded away a controversial but good run-blocking TE in Shockey. That's two games right there in which we'll have less to worry about with Taylor on run defense.
I'm probably reading into it the wrong way, but what would you have had us do after Daniels' injury?

And is Taylor a proven wash out as a run stuffer? I don't think so.

You do realize that Jason Taylor is not a safety' date=' correct?[/quote']

Oh My God!! Are you serious? You mean Jason Taylor is a DE!? I had no idea!?

:doh:

Wait a minute; luckily I'm not a bumbling idiot like the kid brother of some famous football coach, so yea I did know that.

:stupid:

To the OP's point, I'd say irony with a twist of destiny. I mean we did go trade for him so we had a hand in it.

Wow....

And today's date, when he'll be introduced in a press conference, is the 21st.

Coincidence all the way.

Today being the 21st, now that's a bit of eeriness, but coincidence all the way.

FWIW, Taylor is a common name too. Of the currently enshrined HOF'ers, Taylor is the 2nd most popular last name with 3 inductees (our own Charley, Jim and Lawrence of LT fame). Only Brown (Bob, Jim, Paul, Roosevelt and Willie), with five members has more. But once Jason Taylor retires the Taylor group should have another member five years later.

I'm probably reading into it the wrong way, but what would you have had us do after Daniels' injury?

And is Taylor a proven wash out as a run stuffer? I don't think so.

You are reading it the wrong way. I'm not critical of the move though I'm concerned about how well Taylor will transition to the left/strong side of the defense where he'll match up against double teams with TE's more often. He's also not as big or good of a run stuffer as Daniels was, though he's he's no slouch and he's obviously a better pass rusher.

Happily, one of the better blocking TE's in Shockey has departed, which helps to mitigate my concerns somewhat. That was my point.

No. It's Only 1 game. We Play N.O. week 2.

You are really reaching on this.

We need to move on! I am Big supporter of Skins drafting ST and big fan. ST will not make the Hall of Frame period. 50% of the thread have something to do with ST or ST name showing up.

What the hell does the second part of your post mean? What is a hall of framer?

I never said STaylor will be in the hall of fame, I only said that had he been able to play out his full career and it continued the way the first three plus years had, he would definitely made it in, maybe not first ballet, but he would have been inducted.

This was/is not intended to be a Sean Taylor thread. However, it would be impossible to pose the question and present the situation without using his name.:doh:

No. It's Only 1 game. We Play N.O. week 2.
We play the Giants twice this season as we do every season. Those are the 2 games he was referring to.

Archived