Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great quote from Phillip Daniels

SteveFromYellowstone

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=BF501D6D4ED44A2ED85715E8CD4CA45E?id=09000d5d80957902&template=with-video&confirm=true

"A lot of people don't know if we made the right decision, but I think we did," defensive end Phillip Daniels said. "Everything Jim tells us is positive. I like the way he thinks. I like the way he says that if we get it in the red zone, we're going to score every time. We don't want to be conservative and kick field goals. He's totally different in that aspect."

I hope this is a theme of the Zorn era of the Redskins. Lets hope this actually gets done.

Why is it that whenever we get a new coach, everyone starts magnifying the last coach's faults and acting like the new coach is so much more in-touch and wiser, etc? Wouldn't it be better to wait and see what we actually get with Coach Zorn and then compare him to his predecessors? Also, to be fair, Coach Gibbs was pretty accommodating of his veteran players, especially Daniels. Is it too much to ask of them to not take backhanded shots at him after he's gone? As much as I respect Daniels, it would have been better if he kept this sentiment to himself at this point. From a personal standpoint, I don't really see it as a "great" quote from him.

Words mean nothing, its all in the execution. If we get in the Red Zone and JC throws stupid INT's like hes done in the past then we will regret the approach of being more aggressive. I think that Gibbs approach had more to do with his fear of coming away with no points and his mistrust of JC more then anything. If JC can show he's a red zone QB then the more aggressive approach works. If he can avoid the mistakes its a nasty situation, but he's yet to show he can do that. Don't hate on Gibbs, the man might be onto something there

Why is it that whenever we get a new coach, everyone starts magnifying the last coach's faults and acting like the new coach is so much more in-touch and wiser, etc? Wouldn't it be better to wait and see what we actually get with Coach Zorn and then compare him to his predecessors? Also, to be fair, Coach Gibbs was pretty accommodating of his veteran players, especially Daniels. Is it too much to ask of them to not take backhanded shots at him after he's gone? As much as I respect Daniels, it would have been better if he kept this sentiment to himself at this point. From a personal standpoint, I don't really see it as a "great" quote from him.

Agreed. This is like the bad old days of the Snyder regime when everybody who left the skins (Schottenheimer, Brian Mitchell, LaVar Arrington, Stephen Davis, Antonio Pierce, more recently Gregg Williams) got bad-mouthed.

This kinda stuff doesn't seem to have bothered the Giants recently, but I like the Redskins being better than that. Used to, I didn't hear about internal crap like for example: Doug Williams Vs. Jay Schroeder till long after it was over.

Words mean nothing, its all in the execution. If we get in the Red Zone and JC throws stupid INT's like hes done in the past then we will regret the approach of being more aggressive. I think that Gibbs approach had more to do with his fear of coming away with no points and his mistrust of JC more then anything. If JC can show he's a red zone QB then the more aggressive approach works. If he can avoid the mistakes its a nasty situation, but he's yet to show he can do that. Don't hate on Gibbs, the man might be onto something there

If everything you say about Jason is true then tell me why Gibbs ran the same conservative offense with Brunell?

I'll answer the question for you:It was Gibbs...not his QB. Gibbs 2.0 was more concerned with "losing" the game than going out and "winning" it.

"Oh, Jason might throw an interception" etc. Well, you know what?

He might throw a touchdown as well. But you have to actually let the man throw.

I was thinking something very similar. Why the hell are we listening to quotes about the OFFENSE from a Defensive End? Shouldn't the reporter be asking him about the DEFENSE, not the Offense?

Isn't it possible that he asked Daniels about BOTH?...As well as asked him about Zorn? Asked about the differences he's noticed so far? Asked about what may have stood out at him so far this offseason and during OTAs?

Is any of that even a slight possibility in your head?

Isn't it possible that he asked Daniels about BOTH?...As well as asked him about Zorn? Asked about the differences he's noticed so far? Asked about what may have stood out at him so far this offseason and during OTAs?

Is any of that even a slight possibility in your head?

Yes it's a definite possibility. Especially with the low quality of reporters out there these days. Asking a defensive player in the NFL about the team's offense would be like asking me about astro-physics. Not only don't I know anything about it; I'm probably too stupid to understand it even if I did.

BTW - The same goes for asking offensive players about the defense in my mind.

Yes it's a definite possibility. Especially with the low quality of reporters out there these days. Asking a defensive player in the NFL about the team's offense would be like asking me about the Redskins and football. Not only don't I know anything about it; I'm probably too stupid to understand it even if I did.

Fixed it lol :thumbsup:...

But seriously, I can't believe we're trying to find fault in having a 13 year NFL veteran giving his initial impressions of his new coach and his football philosophy. They're not quoting the freakin' waterboy. I'd trust Daniels' opinion about the offense a million times more than ANYONE on this site, including me lol....If Daniels doesn't know enough to voice a valid opinion about the offense, then everyone on Extremeskins should definitely keep their mouths shut forever.

Yes it's a definite possibility. Especially with the low quality of reporters out there these days. Asking a defensive player in the NFL about the team's offense would be like asking me about astro-physics. Not only don't I know anything about it; I'm probably too stupid to understand it even if I did.

I think it's safe to ask a professional football player his opinion on the new offensive philosophy ofhis team. It's not like they're asking him to critique modern art.

I hope Zorn is merciless when he gets a lead. Just like Gibbs I. You know, when he had Clark, Monk, Sanders, Rypien, Riggo, Charlie Brown. I hated the fact he got conservative with a rookie QB and 5'10" WR's. All he wanted to do is run the ball!

Let's see, we've had zero preseason games, zero training camps, zero regular season games and suddenly Zorn is an offensive genius! Talk is cheap.(Look at Spurrier during

the '02 preseason). It's great to be enthusiastic, but there's a LONG way to go!

Archived