Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC: Springs Considered Retirement this Offseason. Now focused.

CRobi21

He was here for the mini camps and as long as he shows up for training camp in good condition mentally and physically I'm fine with the time he missed.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't he usually work out on his own, away from the team, anyway? If so, I fail to see why it became such a hot issue this summer.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't he usually work out on his own, away from the team, anyway? If so, I fail to see why it became such a hot issue this summer.

Yeah, he usually does. He missed pretty much all of last years off season work with the team. He typically works with his own personal trainer.

"I don't want to let the team down, and I love my teammates," Springs said. "I have no problems with the Redskins. But if I'm there I want to be really there and excited to be there and to give 100 percent, and I really feel that now. I feel like I can make a difference to my team, and I honestly feel like we're a better team when I'm out there, and that's where I want to be."

Nuff Said..... :D , let camp begin!

Which shows you don't understand the life of a football player.

Hopeully, this info JLC provided will put the shame to the knuckleheads on this board that kept going ballistic over Springs not being at the OTAs :doh: (even though he was here for everything else).

Precisely, let's not forget that OTA's aren't mandatory, whether some of us like it or not. I didn't know he was going through all this, but I had never ragged on him in the past. I'm glad to see none of the folks who like to ***** and moan about Springs have shown up in this thread, yet. That or they're keeping quiet about it, for once.

Some people don't toe the party line which is fine. That being said a team made up of Shawn Springs type players would be rubbish both on and off the field. Imagine if all our vets followed his lead...

No way he turns down 7m dollars if he has a choice and the team is somewhat competitive. Of course if he plays well when it counts he will be a valuable, if self centred, member of our roster.

Precisely, let's not forget that OTA's are mandatory, whether some of us like it or not. I didn't know he was going through all this, but I had never ragged on him in the past. I'm glad to see none of the folks who like to ***** and moan about Springs have shown up in this thread, yet. That or they're keeping quiet about it, for once.

Are the excuses valid for all the other years he missed OTAs? If he is fine doing as he does how about if all our vet starters followed suit?

Shawn Springs is a talented individual playing a team sport.

Some people don't toe the party line which is fine. That being said a team made up of Shawn Springs type players would be rubbish both on and off the field. Imagine if all our vets followed his lead...

No way he turns down 7m dollars if he has a choice and the team is somewhat competitive. Of course if he plays well when it counts he will be a valuable, if self centred, member of our roster.

Yeah, what a self-centered guy, worrying about his father who is in a coma, and wanting to be with his kid. This guy is in a difficult situation, give him some slack. Family is more important than the Redskins.

Yeah, what a self-centered guy, worrying about his father who is in a coma, and wanting to be with his kid. This guy is in a difficult situation, give him some slack. Family is more important than the Redskins.

Of course family is more important than football. My point is that this off season is nothing new for Springs, hence this season's reasons aren't valid because if they weren't there he wouldn't have been here for OTAs anyway.

Springs doesn't turn up for OTAs. They aren't mandatory contract wise but if all our vet starters followed that lead where would we be? Thankfully we do have team players and leaders on this team. Guys who will still be talked about fondly 10 years from now.

Not surprised that Springs pondered retiring. Very glad he's coming back, too - when healthy, he's still an elite corner. Hopefully Bubba Tyer's got a massage table with Shawn's name on it, to keep those hammies nice and loose.

You must HATE Jason Campbell then.

no, campbell does it with style and has improved over the years, plus, he's a qb.

jlc says it like a stuttering idiot and its his job to speak eloquently.

and besides, that's only a cherry on top of all the reasons that i think jlc should never be allowed to report on sports again.

no, campbell does it with style and has improved over the years, plus, he's a qb.

jlc says it like a stuttering idiot and its his job to speak eloquently.

and besides, that's only a cherry on top of all the reasons that i think jlc should never be allowed to report on sports again.

i agree with you, but come on man he "does it with style"???? You're kidding, Campbell sounds retarded saying ya know before and after nearly every sentence.

i agree with you, but come on man he "does it with style"???? You're kidding, Campbell sounds retarded saying ya know before and after nearly every sentence.

hahaha, well he's got his lazy southern draw. it definitely comes out differently when he says it vs when a nerdy little dweb does.

I have a legit question for everyone on here. Do all of you think of Springs as a true "redskin"? I guess to all of us it will mean something different, but I guess what I'm trying to say is: Its hard for me to really picture him as a dedicated true "Redskin".

I still think- Springs? the Seahawk? Part of me still believs he will always be a Seahawk. And someday when he is ready to retire he will opt to go back to Seattle to do it.

Archived