Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2009

Discuss all things NCAA Football 09 here, which comes out in about a week (July 15th)

I've been looking forward to this game a lot and can't wait till the release date. I'm actually more excited for this game than Madden or any other game for that matter.

If you have Xbox Live download the demo, this game seems to be a big improvement from last year's game.

I preordered it about a month ago on WalMart.com Sooooo pumped. Returnable FGs, icing the kicker, more tackles, more realistic motions by the players; there's a youtube video somewhere showing back-to-back comparisons of last year's game and this one. IE: instead of standing still for the kickoff, the kicking team is jumping and getting pumped.

Then there's the 'gang' break away - forget the actual term they're using - but if you get a TOTAL break away your teammates follow you/guarding/celebrating you into the endzone.

Uh-oh. I think it just moved :paranoid:

i just read a preview in game informer for it. i have always been a bigger fan of ncaa than madden. i love running the option. madden looks like its going to be a winner this year as well so i may have to put down the coin for both.

I didn't like how you can't see your play/the buttons for the WRs when the stadium got loud.

I mean I understand rattling the QB could make him forget some of the routes the WRs are running but taking away the button icon before the ball is snapped seemed kind of absurd...the QB isn't going to forget who the WRs are.

Oh and SOW whats the deal with the ice the kicker feature?

Judging from the demo, running the ball is a lot harder since defenders shed their blocks easily. Also the option game has been tweaked for the better, unlike last year, you now can't pitch the ball when you're getting tackled.

I wish that team entrances would have been in the game though. Would love to see the Mountaineer run out with his musket in the air followed by the team. Also there so many other great entrances in college football (ie Clemson, Chief Osceola and Renegade, etc) it would just add so much to the game.

Judging from the demo, running the ball is a lot harder since defenders shed their blocks easily. Also the option game has been tweaked for the better, unlike last year, you now can't pitch the ball when you're getting tackled.

I wish that team entrances would have been in the game though. Would love to see the Mountaineer run out with his musket in the air followed by the team. Also there so many other great entrances in college football (ie Clemson, Chief Osceola and Renegade, etc) it would just add so much to the game.

I'd really like to see Lane Stadium and Enter Sandman in the game...that'd be epic :laugh:

I'd really like to see Lane Stadium and Enter Sandman in the game...that'd be epic :laugh:

there's a stadium sounds option this year. you can put mp3's from your ps3 into the game. they have 30 different situations for music so you could prob have enter sandman before kickoff or something.

Sorry to hear that man, rough times in South Bend.

haha. it'll get better. realistic fans all knew last year was coming. there was actually a thread on the previously mentioned notre dame message board that predicted last year and backed it up with facts. so i wasn't expecting much. navy had to beat notre dame sometime, why not have it happen in a year like last year:silly:;)

Archived