Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Direct TV super fan situation

Decimator

Hello fellow Esers, I know a couple weeks ago there was someone threatening to cancel their sunday ticket in lieu of the ridiculous 100 fee for super fan.

Earlier tonight I cancelled sunday ticket as I am moving and will not be able to watch it, and the customer service rep asked me why I was cancelling.

My exact words were, "Two reasons, one I am moving and will not need it,(I am moving to Va!). Two the ridiculous price of super fan."

His response was, "What if I waived the $99 fee for super fan."

I thought i'd let you all know that this is real, just happened, and I politely declined, but there is hope that superfan may go away one day.

Have a great Saturday night everyone!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Yeah I got mine free for the past three years that they have done this. I didnt even have to ask this year they sent an email saying when Sunday ticket renewed that Superfan would be free. But it is crazy they expect people to pay 100 more for that.

Just got off the phone with them and said mainly I want to watch my skins games in hd and I couldn't afford both the ticket and superfan so I was going to have to cancel both. They threw in the superfan for free! hehehe, actually it was true.

I also suggested that they look into selling on a game by game basis and the rep mentioned that they had been getting an overwhelming number of calls asking for the same thing. I think it may happen and that would rock. Really all I want is my skins games in HD. Maybe before too long that's all I'll have to pay for. One can hope.

I'm cancelling mine this year. I cancelled it last year also, then they called me just before the season and offered Super Fan for free and a $50 discount on Sunday Ticket. That convinced me to try one more year. It's really a waste for me though. I go to all the home games, and we usually get all but 2 or 3 of the network broadcasts, so I end up paying way too much to watch a couple of games.

i just switched from Cox to Direct TV, whats the Super Fan thing, I dont see it on the website. Does it have something to do with the Sunday Ticket?

Superfan let's you watch all the games available in HD. The ticket is NOT HD. I don't care to watch buffalo vs. Cincy in regular let alone pay for HD. Superfan also let's you track players stats during the game which is pretty cool for fantasy players, but doesn't do much for me. Basically a waste of money expect for getting our games in HD.

I was just billed for the sunday ticket (installment of $41) when I had cancelled it at the end of the season last year. To offset that error on Dtv's part, they are crediting me $10/mo for the next year. Dtv customer service rocks.

Superfan let's you watch all the games available in HD. The ticket is NOT HD. I don't care to watch buffalo vs. Cincy in regular let alone pay for HD. Superfan also let's you track players stats during the game which is pretty cool for fantasy players, but doesn't do much for me. Basically a waste of money expect for getting our games in HD.

Superfan is more - Although some of the features MAY be part of the reg ticket

If you have a DVR it automaticly records all the games by Monday morning in the 30mins or less (Every play, for every game. They bypass the commericals, huddles, etc... and you send up with every play in 30 mins or less).

Records highlights from EVERY game

Shows NFL Blitz on Wed (15 min show recaping all the best plays and preformance)

HD Redzone (THE best to watch when no skins games. Just jumps from game to game anytime somone is in the redzone)

It's great. I've had it 4 years, have never paid for it.

I just canceled the whole thing. Beed a subscriber since 00 and just can't justify the cost. It's gone up from under $150 to now over $250. The rep offered super Fan again and a $20 credit....told the guy I can hit a sports bar...order a couple beers and plate of wings, leave a decent tip and still come out of what DirecTV is now charging. Oh well...

I just canceled the whole thing. Beed a subscriber since 00 and just can't justify the cost. It's gone up from under $150 to now over $250. The rep offered super Fan again and a $20 credit....told the guy I can hit a sports bar...order a couple beers and plate of wings, leave a decent tip and still come out of what DirecTV is now charging. Oh well...

They have kind of hit a tipping point price-wise and you just described why.

While I wouldn't personally make the choice above (I like to sleep late on Sundays) I could see it being a really viable option for some.

yea, that might not be for me since im at all the games and I can check the fantasy scores on my Crackberry..plus, the guy that has tickets in front of me gets the Kangaroo TV for everygame which I hope they are doing again this year..anyone have the scoop on that????

kangaroo_TV_in_stadium.gif

sweet deals! keep getting them before they get you! let all your friends know!!!

ha ha ha.

No really, i do appreciate the service Directtv provides. I vaugely remember the 80's living in New Jersey having to watch all the horrible Eagles games... ugh...

Just called up DTV complaining about the cost of superfan for long-time customers. CSR first offered $50 credit, when I persisted eventually she caved and gave it to me for free. This will be the third time I have had superfan and the third time I have not paid for it.

damn you're a cheap date....a game at a bar or both 1 and 4pm games would cost me at least $100... let alone going to a Skins game(including tailgating food and booze pre and post game).....

I have been a subscriber since '00 and since 04 they have grandfathered me at $169 by issuing credits when i call at ***** at the retention people...this year they weren't budging but i got left on hold so called back and got a supervisor....he said he would offer me what new subscribers to DTV are getting....Premium service(all movie channels minus PPV and Playboy etc..) as well as NFL Ticket for $74/month for four months....then after the season i go back to my normal 99/month as i am now with premium service...so i told him to add superfan for $25/month($100 total retail price) which takes me to $100/month over season for premium channel service, nfl ticket, and superfan when right now before the season starts i'm paying $100/month for just premium service.....so he got me nfl ticket and superfan both for free. That Rules.

I got rid of the entire football package, I already get the skins games and while having the ability to watch any other game is nice, its not worth the money. I'll be out of work for 2 weeks at the beginning of August anyway, so money is tight.

damn you're a cheap date....a game at a bar or both 1 and 4pm games would cost me at least $100... let alone going to a Skins game(including tailgating food and booze pre and post game).....

I have been a subscriber since '00 and since 04 they have grandfathered me at $169 by issuing credits when i call at ***** at the retention people...this year they weren't budging but i got left on hold so called back and got a supervisor....he said he would offer me what new subscribers to DTV are getting....Premium service(all movie channels minus PPV and Playboy etc..) as well as NFL Ticket for $74/month for four months....then after the season i go back to my normal 99/month as i am now with premium service...so i told him to add superfan for $25/month($100 total retail price) which takes me to $100/month over season for premium channel service, nfl ticket, and superfan when right now before the season starts i'm paying $100/month for just premium service.....so he got me nfl ticket and superfan both for free. That Rules.

This is why I hate Direct TV - You always have to think about if you got a good deal or not!

I saw this and my first thought was "I got SCREWED". Because I paid for NFL Ticket, but got superfan for free, a HD DVR for free, and 4 months free of showtime and starz.

The movie channels are pretty worthless for me. I take them when they are free, but I never miss them when they are gone. I did the math on yours - Basicly - you will pay $400 for the next 4 months, and if you ordered a HD DVR they would charge you $99 (Well -they would say $199, but if you cough, they lower it to $99). So basicly - If I got what you got, plus the HD DVR I wanted, it would have been $499 total over the next 4 months.

Meanwhile - My package is $54.99 a month, got less movie channels (Which doesn't bother me), pluss 5 charges of $53 for NFL Ticket. But I got the HD DVR, and Superfan for free. So my total cost is $484.96. I win by about $15

So I don't feel so bad anymore. Unless....Does the Premiare package also include the HD that I have to pay $9.99 a month for? Or the 5.99 a month for DVR service? Cause then I lose by about $48.

OK.

I just called.

I got the following:

Showtime: 6 months free

Stars/Sports Package: Reduced this package to $2.00/month for 6 months

Free DVR Upgrade.

I did not ask about Superfan, as I have enought trouble keeping up with what is going on ONE game.

I think I did OK.

OK.

I just called.

I got the following:

Showtime: 6 months free

Stars/Sports Package: Reduced this package to $2.00/month for 6 months

Free DVR Upgrade.

I did not ask about Superfan, as I have enought trouble keeping up with what is going on ONE game.

I think I did OK.

Good job.

How did you pull that off?

I think Directtv knows they are ripping fans off, and superfan, without the hd is utterly useless. So I'm not sure who started the boycott sunday ticket thread, but I say do it, and enjoy the free super fan! :silly:

They lose money on Sunday Ticket. It is a loss leader for them.

Archived