Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Tryon hit on DeSean Jackson

portis&taylor

That was a retarded play by Tryon... his team is down by 21 in the 2nd quarter and gives the other team great field position... then it looks like he celebrates the cheapshot afterwards.

He talks too much. No hands. Too short.

Gibbs/Williams would have never drafted this guy.

Nope, they would have traded every pick from the 2nd round down for absolutely nothing valuable :laugh:

his "retarded" play is a fraction of a second from being a brilliant one,and it's far from a cheap shot,he was trying to blow up the returner so he'd muff the ball.

if he timed it better you'd be singing his praises

Yeah, but he didn't. So instead it was a 15-yard penalty.

That said, it's one play. That's not enough to make any kind of judgment about him.

jeebus at the people calling it a late hit, it was an "early" hit. and a split second from being an amazing play because of Desean Jackson's wreckless decision to not signal a fair catch.

a late hit is what Laron Landry did to Mushin Muhammad in the bears game,pointless,stupid,and only going to end up hurting yourself. Landry plays tough but he needs to realize he should only be hitting people during the play and not after.This goes for him standing over people and staring at them to.

he does this way to much

Tryon makes a fraction of a second error and he's suddenly a horrible character guy?especially coming from a guy with landry in his name...oh lawd

Ok. You love Justin Tryon. I get it.

You said the "fraction of a second" thing 4 different times now. That would be a great arguement, except for the fact that every play in the NFL is determined by that same fraction of a second.

You can't dismiss that foolish play because he was just barely mistimed it.

Also, "character issues" and "off the field issues" are two different things in my opinion. Just because he hasn't been arrested, (to my knowledge) doesn't mean the guy isn't a punk. I don't like a rookie with a big mouth, who barely produced in a ****** NCAA conference, walking around like he deserves to be heard.

I also don't like it when Landry picks up dumb penalties for standing over guys or talking **** to opposing players.... but the difference between the him and Tryon, is that Landry has actually proven that he can make the big play.

That was a retarded play by Tryon... his team is down by 21 in the 2nd quarter and gives the other team great field position... then it looks like he celebrates the cheapshot afterwards.

He talks too much. No hands. Too short.

Gibbs/Williams would have never drafted this guy.

You just a hater on Justin Tryon. Give him two year bet you will eat you word and been on tryon but.

About the play three thing I want to point out

1. Tryon was just a sec early on the hit. If you look at the play soon Tryon about to hit him ball was near shoulder

2. Tryon show he is pretty fast. Noone on Punter unit was 15 yards near him.

3. I remember a player on Redskins that remind me of tryon build. You know the soon to be H.O.F (28)

You said the "fraction of a second" thing 4 different times now. That would be a great arguement, except for the fact that every play in the NFL is determined by that same fraction of a second.

Also, "character issues" and "off the field issues" are two different things in my opinion. Just because he hasn't been arrested, (to my knowledge) doesn't mean the guy isn't a punk. I don't like a rookie with a big mouth, who barely produced in a ****** NCAA conference, walking around like he deserves to be heard.

I also don't like it when Landry picks up dumb penalties for standing over guys or talking **** to opposing players.... but the difference between the him and Tryon, is that Landry has actually proven that he can make the big play.

You are right Landry prove himself as a rookie last year. Difference between him and Tryon, is that Landry is not a rookie no more. Noone seen what Tryon did at OTA and he have not go to first training camp. What about lease let them play few preseason then you can put ur 2 cents in

jeebus at the people calling it a late hit, it was an "early" hit. and a split second from being an amazing play because of Desean Jackson's wreckless decision to not signal a fair catch.

a late hit is what Laron Landry did to Mushin Muhammad in the bears game,pointless,stupid,and only going to end up hurting yourself. Landry plays tough but he needs to realize he should only be hitting people during the play and not after.This goes for him standing over people and staring at them to.

he does this way to much

Tryon makes a fraction of a second error and he's suddenly a horrible character guy?especially coming from a guy with landry in his name...oh lawd

Honestly, Landry was just doing what Sean Taylor did in his first year or two...intimidating the hell out of people who played against him with huge hits and looks, etc. I consider those looks to be more like "there's a new sheriff in town" or "I'm running the show back here now". It's fine...he'll play with much more smarts this year; I guarantee it.

:2cents:

...how are you going to post a video which overall says tryon is going to be a solid corner,and come out speaking completely negative?

his antics?explain?

....I'm gonna sit back and wait til pre-season and training camp before I start assessing players and whether I like them or not. .....

Chow184, I will explain. I dug up that video to illustrate a point. That Tryon has a long way to go in bringing his own skill-set up to NFL level, before he starts considering what he needs to do to show his wagger, etc. You should compare Tryon's video versus Dwight Lowery's video and you are going to see how much work Tryon needs to do to make up for his size and his poor recognition skills. If Tryon didn't have that quick recovery speed, and desire -- he would be a UFDA instead of a 4th rounder.

Now Tryon's fast enough to make up for some of his mistakes, but he's going to get burned a lot by the slant if he can't recognize it better than in that video. In the video, one of those receivers was tall and slow, but still easily got inside position. The interception came because the QB threw to the wrong side of the WR. This simply shows Tryon better stay somber and learn to play smart, because he's not going to shut down anyone for a long time. And when he does break up a pass, he'd better not pick up some penalty to undo his accomplishment.

I think, in time, maybe Tryon will not get so easily fooled by these pass patterns. Then his quick recovery time will be the thing that makes him stand out. But until then, I don't want him standing out, because of some bone-head penalty he racks up trying to prove hie's a stud. Maybe for the first couple of years he should try to emulate Darrell Green rather than Fred Smoot.

That said, I too will wait until pre-season to decide. But the more videos I see of Tryon, the less I like what I see. Hopefully our coaches will put him on the right track, and he will become the next Ellis Hobbs.

Chow184, I will explain. I dug up that video to illustrate a point. That Tryon has a long way to go in bringing his own skill-set up to NFL level, before he starts considering what he needs to do to show his wagger, etc. You should compare Tryon's video versus Dwight Lowery's video and you are going to see how much work Tryon needs to do to make up for his size and his poor recognition skills. If Tryon didn't have that quick recovery speed, and desire -- he would be a UFDA instead of a 4th rounder.

Now Tryon's fast enough to make up for some of his mistakes, but he's going to get burned a lot by the slant if he can't recognize it better than in that video. In the video, one of those receivers was tall and slow, but still easily got inside position. The interception came because the QB threw to the wrong side of the WR. This simply shows Tryon better stay somber and learn to play smart, because he's not going to shut down anyone for a long time. And when he does break up a pass, he'd better not pick up some penalty to undo his accomplishment.

I think, in time, maybe Tryon will not get so easily fooled by these pass patterns. Then his quick recovery time will be the thing that makes him stand out. But until then, I don't want him standing out, because of some bone-head penalty he racks up trying to prove hie's a stud. Maybe for the first couple of years he should try to emulate Darrell Green rather than Fred Smoot.

That said, I too will wait until pre-season to decide. But the more videos I see of Tryon, the less I like what I see. Hopefully our coaches will put him on the right track, and he will become the next Ellis Hobbs.

Check out this video.

At the 30 second mark there are two Tryon plays. He gets trucked by an offensive lineman and then gets juked by a fullback in the next highlight.

Then at 8:25 he gives up a long TD.

I'm an ASU fan, went to college there, I've seen him for years. He improved this past year but he has a LONG way to go. I started a thread saying he'd be a decent 7th round look in February... we'll see if the coaches can get him to play up to his potential.

he's 5'9 and change which is just fine to play corner at the nfl level,heck the HoF is admitting Darrell Green and he pretty much proves it's more about skill and technique than sheer size.

When will people stop comparing Tryon to D. Green? Tryon ran a 4.42 40 and had a 32 1/2 inch Vertical. On top of that, his technique leaves a lot to be desired.

Other than being short, he's nothing like D. Green and he probably wouldn't even make the team if we weren't so thin at CB.

I think this is JT. The hit happens around 3:12. Watch the whole video though, some very sick hits in there.

How about a warning about language for the video. I don't know how that made it to page 3 without getting shut down. That is some aweful music. I couldn't even watch the video.

his "retarded" play is a fraction of a second from being a brilliant one,and it's far from a cheap shot,he was trying to blow up the returner so he'd muff the ball.

and besides being talkative the guy has had no off the field issues.

he' 5'9 and change which is just fine to play corner at the nfl level,heck the HoF is admitting Darrell Green and he pretty much proves it's more about skill and technique than sheer size.

i agree i dont think it was a cheap shot...... it was a split second decision ...... hit the guy and maybe be a hero...... looked like a fair hit to me but the pic was grainy but it looked like contact with the ball to the hands happened almost precisely with the hit....

This is somewhat silly.....

We have NO idea who is capable of what at the NFL level. Also, we have no idea who will make the boneheaded plays and accrue penalties for stupidity.

Prime example is Sean Taylor.

He led the league in late hit unnecessary roughness calls in both of his first two seasons.

Landry was tied for second last year.

So anyone ****ing that Tryon is dirty or anything of the sort had better condemn Taylor and Landry for the same misdeeds.

Secondly, I was 8 rows back at the Cincy/Skins preseason game in 2005 and there was a rookie corner for the Skins who got burned 2 different times, one resulting in 45 yard touchdown and missed a tackle in the second for another touchdown. He then got beat for another 22 yard touchdown. And the whole time I was screaming...

"Who in the **** decided to draft this douchebag Carlos Rogers????"

And that was the preseason.

Give EVERYONE a chance.

Im sorry....but if you seriously think that the Pac-10 is a ****** confrence you can just go ahead and revoke your football knowledge card right now.

and besides being talkative the guy has had no off the field issues.

he' 5'9 and change which is just fine to play corner at the nfl level,heck the HoF is admitting Darrell Green and he pretty much proves it's more about skill and technique than sheer size.

Churrccccchhhh:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived