Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad day for Swiss Soccer fans

duenni

Hello everyone

As some might know, the Euro Championship is currently held in Austria and Switzerland this month!

The Swiss team has just lost to Turkey 1-2 and is eliminated.

This is a sad day for all Swiss Soccer fans.

I just had to vent.

Thanks.

Andy

Well didn't your best player get hurt? I remember Frei giving South Korea fits during the last World Cup... so that was a big loss.

Yes that was a big big blow and the other two strikers we had on the team weren't 100% either :doh: .

Beeing the first team to be eliminated from contention in the turnament which is held in your own country is a damn hard pill to swallow!

One of my roommates is 100% Turkish, so he was going nuts. Both of those Turkish goals were pretty impressive, especially the header. I think Turkey could've actually scored more- they were playing such a finesse and conservative style for so long, they'd get on fast breaks and try to set up goals like their first one and keep passing the ball away or drilling it out of bounds or something until they finally just started ripping on it and taking shots, which is how they ended up scoring up that second goal.

One of my roommates is 100% Turkish, so he was going nuts. Both of those Turkish goals were pretty impressive, especially the header. I think Turkey could've actually scored more- they were playing such a finesse and conservative style for so long, they'd get on fast breaks and try to set up goals like their first one and keep passing the ball away or drilling it out of bounds or something until they finally just started ripping on it and taking shots, which is how they ended up scoring up that second goal.

If the swiss team would have taken advantage of the two 100% chances they had, they would have won 3-2 but that is the usual problem with any swiss team regardless of sport!!! They just need too many chances to score a goal. :mad:

Archived