Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to hear the 2 greatest Christian bands of all time?(Petra&Stryper)

michael_33

flyleaf is a christian band?

my friend was in POD for a while. Tim Pacheco. He was a backup singer and even sang lead on one of their songs.

Yep.

I'm not sure what label they are on, but judging by their lyrics, albums in Christian bookstores, and speaking to them personally, they definitely are.

That's awesome about POD and you are lucky that you are out there. I've been thinking of flying out to SD for one of their shows out there (I've already driven 10-11 hours to see them play before).

Not one of the best Christian bands of all time but easily the best Christian hardcore band from Lennox, SD. :D

A video of the band I was in during high school and some of college. I am the long haired guitarist way the left off camera most of the time.

Show Hide

Seriously...you guys r0x0r3d. Why don't you have a reunion tour with Living Sacrifice sometime?

WorldviewWarriors (5 months ago)

Because only you and our wives would show up.

Yep.

I'm not sure what label they are on, but judging by their lyrics, albums in Christian bookstores, and speaking to them personally, they definitely are.

That's awesome about POD and you are lucky that you are out there. I've been thinking of flying out to SD for one of their shows out there (I've already driven 10-11 hours to see them play before).

I worked with a guy who went to HS with Sonny and his cousin. I went to a few release parties and saw them at all Psydecar CD release parties. Tim is married to Sonny's relative somehow or another.

They need to hurry up and release something. :2cents:

I worked with a guy who went to HS with Sonny and his cousin. I went to a few release parties and saw them at all Psydecar CD release parties. Tim is married to Sonny's relative somehow or another.

They need to hurry up and release something. :2cents:

Like "When Angels & Serpents Dance"? ;)

my favorite Christian band growing up was Ministry, but the thing is I don't know how religious they were because some of their lyrics were not religious

jesus did build them a hotrod though. :silly:

no mention of evanessence or creed?

i dont like creed but they did have a spiritual message at first.

and so did evanessence. i kind of like her voice.

jesus did build them a hotrod though. :silly:

no mention of evanessence or creed?

i dont like creed but they did have a spiritual message at first.

and so did evanessence. i kind of like her voice.

Creed falls under a different category, in which I call "Undercover Christian Bands". Bands that are truly Christian Bands, that don't advertise as such, because they want to blend into the mainstream. The best "Undercover Christian Band" in my opinion is Collective Soul

This is HEAVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFX2pk-FtEU

Creed falls under a different category, in which I call "Undercover Christian Bands". Bands that are truly Christian Bands, that don't advertise as such, because they want to blend into the mainstream. The best "Undercover Christian Band" in my opinion is Collective Soul

This is HEAVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFX2pk-FtEU

Because doing drugs and participating in orgies with Fred Durst is so what being a Christian is about. :doh:

Stryper and Petra?

Maybe I'm just too young (I listened to Stryper in high school a little) but IMHO Living Sacrifice is the best Christian band ever. I am slightly biased though as my band opened for them back in the day.

So did mine...LOL.

I just couldn't take those guys seriously after their guitarist claimed to have never heard Slayer before. I was like "Really, that's uncanny because you've really ripped their guitar technique off perfectly..."

Thanks for mentioning Deliverance. Their cover of "Silent Night" is excellent.

Come on now though, I can't be the only one to love the godly MORTIFICATION!!!

Can't forget Flyleaf and P.O.D :)

Flyleaf and POD rock, and now I haven't gotten the entire way through the thread yet, but it looks like no love for DC Talk? Anything? No one here who knows Christian rock can't tell me they haven't heard of Jesus Freak!

Archived