Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to hear the 2 greatest Christian bands of all time?(Petra&Stryper)

michael_33

Creed falls under a different category, in which I call "Undercover Christian Bands". Bands that are truly Christian Bands, that don't advertise as such, because they want to blend into the mainstream. The best "Undercover Christian Band" in my opinion is Collective Soul

This is HEAVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFX2pk-FtEU

Because doing drugs and participating in orgies with Fred Durst is so what being a Christian is about. :doh:

You bring up a good point.

Creed is a bad example.

Collective Soul is a good example.

Every member of Collective Soul is a man of class.

See post #34 ;)

Yeah, right after I posted I thought, "You know, maybe I should take a look to see if I'm gonna get called on something." Anyways, DC Talk, definitely one of the best bands I've ever seen/heard.

When we were younger we had their cover band, I think Zilch?, come to an all nighter and then DC Talk showed up too. They are awesome, always took time to thank the fans, heck, nowadays you have to pay for autographs. I remember lining up for hours in Fair Oaks Mall, and we only waited so long because they actually talked to the fans in the line.

It still sucks they went mainstream, I haven't heard anything from them recently except one where they are trying to appeal to a wider audience and sound like Black Eyed Peas.

Yeah, right after I posted I thought, "You know, maybe I should take a look to see if I'm gonna get called on something." Anyways, DC Talk, definitely one of the best bands I've ever seen/heard.

When we were younger we had their cover band, I think Zilch?, come to an all nighter and then DC Talk showed up too. They are awesome, always took time to thank the fans, heck, nowadays you have to pay for autographs. I remember lining up for hours in Fair Oaks Mall, and we only waited so long because they actually talked to the fans in the line.

It still sucks they went mainstream, I haven't heard anything from them recently except one where they are trying to appeal to a wider audience and sound like Black Eyed Peas.

They broke up in 2000, but have reunited on several occassions for a sort of reunion concert. They all have followed their own individual singing careers since the split in 2000. Check out their wiki article.

So did mine...LOL.

I just couldn't take those guys seriously after their guitarist claimed to have never heard Slayer before. I was like "Really, that's uncanny because you've really ripped their guitar technique off perfectly..."

Thanks for mentioning Deliverance. Their cover of "Silent Night" is excellent.

Come on now though, I can't be the only one to love the godly MORTIFICATION!!!

Sorry, not a fan. Moritification and Zao both bug me. They suck like Metallica. Drums always following guitar riffs nearly every song does nothing for me.

:(

:laugh:

did you say sorry?

Not yet, I think I need to do that, to get my thread-starting privileges back, according to the Sticky Thread in the Stadium.

So, you didn't even notice I was NNT'D ???

You didn't notice a shortage of wierd threads ?

Flyleaf and POD rock, and now I haven't gotten the entire way through the thread yet, but it looks like no love for DC Talk? Anything? No one here who knows Christian rock can't tell me they haven't heard of Jesus Freak!

The post right above your post? :doh:

As for the Original Post, it's as if he's stuck in the 80's.

Petra and Stryper were a couple of the biggest "80's Christian Rock Bands".

But A LOT has changed since then.

Christian Rock has evolved (strange term when talking about a Christian subject :) but it really has)

There's tons of modern Christian Rock Bands that blow away Petra and Stryper.

As for the Original Post, it's as if he's stuck in the 80's.

Petra and Stryper were a couple of the biggest "80's Christian Rock Bands".

But A LOT has changed since then.

Christian Rock has evolved (strange term when talking about a Christian subject :) but it really has)

There's tons of modern Christian Rock Bands that blow away Petra and Stryper.

No offense, but I don't think so :) I've heard the new face of christian rock/metal and they ain't no petra or stryper.

The only one I have heard that can IMO be called good is As I lay dying.

They are awesome. alot like SevenDust. Anyway, they opened for stryper at their reunion expo/convention. They brought the house down!! As good live as on CD.

Not to sure why they haven't gotten any attention like some other IMO lesser sounding bands that have gotten the attention.

Funny....when I was growing up my Church taught that Rock music, or any other music with a beat, was the work of the devil. Its amazing how the Bible is interpretated in so many ways. Who's right? You guys might be willingly promoting the Devil's works. :evil:

Wow, someone else knows of the true grandfathers of Christian hardcore. They were so good and had influence on Living Sacrifice, the greatest band of all time!

"Dimensions" is an oustanding album, but in no way is Believer a hardcore band. That's just METAL, baby.

Anacrusis was amazing as well.

Speaking of Petra...

Here is a cover of "Judas Kiss":

Oh, and another "classic" PIG

I have to say I probably would've lived the rest of my life happily forgetting I once really enjoyed this music.

BTW, one band that I remember as awesome and can't find any youtube links for was "Sincerely Paul"... They were a bit more like "The Cure" or "Depeche Mode".

Funny....when I was growing up my Church taught that Rock music, or any other music with a beat, was the work of the devil. Its amazing how the Bible is interpretated in so many ways. Who's right? You guys might be willingly promoting the Devil's works. :evil:

Well the problem I had with those idiots, was this. They claim that Rock music was of the devil. What about christian country? What about chrisitan soft rock? What about christian r&b? alot of hymns were derived from bar songs and other songs of the time that weren't christian, but used and had the lyrics replaced with christian ones.

If we are to follow those thoughts, than any form of music is evil and shouldn't be used for worship or anything else for that matter. So let's get rid of music from church and anywhere else.

If you are going to use that arguement on Rock/metal, than you darn sure better use it on everything else!!

So you take Rock/metal and replace the lyrics for Godly lyrics. All other genres do the same thing? What makes Rock/Metal evil??

IMO what Jesus did was exactly the same as what Rock/metal did. They went into the places most christians didn't want to and proclaim the gospel.

The music or the beat being inherantly evil is simpley ridiculous!!

If so, why was rock or metal the ONLY beat that was evil?? Did satan come up with 4-4 timing??

My main issue with most of these people who came into churches and preached this tripe, was they didn't do much research. Most of what they said about secular groups was so far off from the truth I laughed when they talked.

Most of their so called proof was hear-say and rumor. I asked a question once at one of these shows, it was "have you ever listened to any of these bands for your research"? Answer: "no" So they are gonna tell me what not to listen to, based on something they know nothing about since they don't listen to these bands, becuase they are too evil?? I mean c'mon!!

Nowhere in the Bible does is say that a certain "beat" or "rhythm" is inherently evil.

If it does, someone please point out the scripture.

Well then that means all music is the DEVIL!

waterboy3.jpg

Archived