Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New *disturbed* album

Coach Williams

I very rarely say this ( it's been 3 years actually ) but this is a great album....

usually I buy the singles and go on with my life but there are 5-6 really good songs on this disc....

these new ones piled onto 10,000 fists, Prayer and down with the sickness gives them a nice future ( best of cd )

I'm not even a big fan either.....I just got this old skool feeling from this cd....

I almost smell a lil' megadeth coming from them..... :)

here's a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptOx-4xH0o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFCBPR-LcO8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr14bGmDrYE

I very rarely say this ( it's been 3 years actually ) but this is a great album....

usually I buy the singles and go on with my life but there are 5-6 really good songs on this disc....

these new ones piled onto 10,000 fists, Prayer and down with the sickness gives them a nice future ( best of cd )

I'm not even a big fan either.....I just got this old skool feeling from this cd....

I almost smell a lil' megadeth coming from them..... :)

I don't know too much of their stuff, but i'm going to see a concert this summer where they are one of the performing bands. from what i heard of theirs, i thought they were pretty good.

I've saw Disturbed when they opened up for Danzig. I have always found them to be very boring, monotonous, and predictable. The singer came out in a straight jacket. I laughed.

Also, I don't think that 5 or 6 good songs are enough for me to buy an album. Unless of course it is like in Opeth album, where there may only be 5 or 6 songs on the thing. What happened to the days where the whole album kicked butt? Albums like Rust in Peace, Dirt, And Justice for All, Screaming for Vengeance, NOLA, etc.....etc.

I also dislike Slipknot. I usually dislike bands that must dress up to overcome their lack of musicianship.

Dragonforce is hit or miss at concerts. I have seem them be great and I have seen them suck! Unfortunately, I think of them kind of like I think of AC/DC or ZZTop. If you have heard one or two songs of their, then you have heard them all.

Now, on a positive note:

The best band on the tour, in my opinion of course, is Mastodon. That is a band that keeps things interesting! I think Mastodon is one of the best and most original metal bands out there today! I think they are a breath of fresh air in what is getting to be a very boring and unoriginal music genre.

Too many metal bands sound similar too each other today.

I've saw Disturbed when they opened up for Danzig. I have always found them to be very boring, monotonous, and predictable. The singer came out in a straight jacket. I laughed.

Also, I don't think that 5 or 6 good songs are enough for me to buy an album. Unless of course it is like in Opeth album, where there may only be 5 or 6 songs on the thing. What happened to the days where the whole album kicked butt? Albums like Rust in Peace, Dirt, And Justice for All, Screaming for Vengeance, NOLA, etc.....etc.

I also dislike Slipknot. I usually dislike bands that must dress up to overcome their lack of musicianship.

Dragonforce is hit or miss at concerts. I have seem them be great and I have seen them suck! Unfortunately, I think of them kind of like I think of AC/DC or ZZTop. If you have heard one or two songs of their, then you have heard them all.

Now, on a positive note:

The best band on the tour, in my opinion of course, is Mastodon. That is a band that keeps things interesting! I think Mastodon is one of the best and most original metal bands out there today! I think they are a breath of fresh air in what is getting to be a very boring and unoriginal music genre.

I agree with everything in this post.

i got this cd last weekend, leaked on the internet, and i was not that impressed. they seem to have gotten softer, trying to meet the radio standards.

A CD that is coming out soon on June 24th is the new SHINEDOWN CD. The single, Devour, is a lot heavier than their old music. I'm really looking forward to this!!

Disturbed is awesome. Down with the Sickness is an awesome song.

Down with the Sickness is one of my favorite songs. That song completely rocks.

As for Disturbed.. their album in 2000 "The Sickness' was clearly their best. Their sound matched up with their name. Then, came "Believe'" in 2002 and "Ten Thousand Fists' in 2005. While, I did and still occasionally do, listen to these albums.. they went from 'Disturbed' to 'Kinda angry, I guess'. Their sound went soft.

I hope this new album brings back the 'Disturbed' sound.

Even in the sub-genre of power metal, you can find a wide variety of distinct sounds. Recently i've been discovering more and more bands. right now, the ones that have my interest are:

Dragonforce - introduced me to the power-metal genre

Rhapsody of Fire - Love the epic symphonic sound

Edguy - All I can say about Edguy is "Awesome!"

Power Quest - band formed by two former members of Dragonforce before they were dragonforce. have an even happier sound to their music.

Avantasia - Side project of Edguy singer Tobias Sammet, includes members from many power metal bands including Rhapsody of Fire, Stratovarious, Helloween, Edguy, and even Alice Cooper himself came on as a guest singer for a song. I guess they're also a symphonic metal band, but certainly don't sound the same as Rhapsody.

I've had this album for the last week or so, I definitely would say it beat the last two albums out. I kind of hold their Sickness album with Godsmack's self-debut; to me both albums are basically perfect, variety of songs, each song has it's own good hook/riff, etc.

edit: except for Godsmack's 'Voodoo'... God I hate that song

Archived