Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fix My Knees, Please!

LaRonDontLikeUgly

In early June, there is no question the Redskins are already facing some injury concerns.

The following players were unable to perform at OTA's because of recent knee surgeries...

Carlos Rogers

Antwaan Randle El

Rocky McIntosh

Vernon Fox

Kareem Moore

Erasmus James

We've also heard the whispers that Malcolm Kelly's knees are being held together with Elmer's glue...

.... So my question is.... which knee, or pair of knees, are you most worried about holding up throughout the '08-'09 entire season?

On the flip, which players listed above will bounce back and put up big numbers despite their injuries?

Carlos Rogers--Probably my number one concern, terrible injury and he's out for a while. Good thing is he's a young guy. I think he could be one to bounce back towards the end of the season, I think he was really making some progress before he got hurt.

Antwaan Randle El--Minor injury, not overly concerned.

Rocky McIntosh--Concern number two, though the reports on him thusfar have been good. I think he'll be another one to bounce back, also seemed to be making alot of progress and could be a really good OLB.

Vernon Fox--Not concerned, we've signed enough depth that I'm not worried about it.

Kareem Moore--Stick him on IR and then see what he can do next year.

Erasmus James--Give this man ALOT of time. I'd rather put him on IR and get him to fully rehab that knee then rush him back. Reports were that the knee was so bad that he would never be the playmaker he was but lets see what Bubba Tyer can do with him.

Malcolm Kelly-- I would like to hear more about his knees, seems like so many different reports have been saying different things, I want to know the truth.

I'm worried about McIntosh and Carlos mostly. I would expect ARE to be back 100% at OTA's. If Rocky comes back healthy, I can see him put up very good numbers.

I agree that we need Rocky and Carlos back. James, Moore, etc not as important. ARE will (hopefully) be ready for TC.

I 100% agree that if Rocky gets back, he'll put up great numbers.

I'm worried about McIntosh and Carlos mostly. I would expect ARE to be back 100% at OTA's. If Rocky comes back healthy, I can see him put up very good numbers.

Ditto. Im worried about Rocky and Rogers Knees. if they can stay healthy i think our defense will be stout. Rogers has to learn how to catch though, not everything, but at least the ones that bounce off of his hands. I guess if he was better at catching he'd be a WR though, so as long as his knee sure's up, thats all anyone can askj for i guess.

yes def, im pretty sure that Carlos won't start at the beginning of the season, he might play but he won't start....I haven't heard any updates on how Rocky's individual workouts have gone, hopefully they pace him throughout the summer....

Will you list what surgeries each has had? Or I can stop being lazy and look it up. I think that a scope is of much less concern (i.e. ARE) where as the ACL tears, which is a much more extensive surgery, and is of much more concern (i.e. James)

Carlos Rogers--Probably my number one concern, terrible injury and he's out for a while. Good thing is he's a young guy. I think he could be one to bounce back towards the end of the season, I think he was really making some progress before he got hurt.

Antwaan Randle El--Minor injury, not overly concerned.

Rocky McIntosh--Concern number two, though the reports on him thusfar have been good. I think he'll be another one to bounce back, also seemed to be making alot of progress and could be a really good OLB.

Vernon Fox--Not concerned, we've signed enough depth that I'm not worried about it.

Kareem Moore--Stick him on IR and then see what he can do next year.

Erasmus James--Give this man ALOT of time. I'd rather put him on IR and get him to fully rehab that knee then rush him back. Reports were that the knee was so bad that he would never be the playmaker he was but lets see what Bubba Tyer can do with him.

Malcolm Kelly-- I would like to hear more about his knees, seems like so many different reports have been saying different things, I want to know the truth.

Agreed with everything there. Carlos and Rocky should be and are the number one and two concerns. ARE will do fine, and Malcolm Kelly is still a mystery.

Carlos won't be back. And if he does it wont be for long. Not many can come back from that, and he wasn't that good to begin with.

I truly hope you are wrong. Its hard to think that Smoot and Springs will have gone 16 games this year without being injured. They were both relatively healthy last year, but with their age and injury history, depth is going to be important. If Carlos provides nothing this year, its going to hurt. He wasn't all that good to begin with. (rookie year) but i believe everybody that watched him last year saw a more comfortable Carlos playing a game that slowed down for him. He was looking pretty good this past season until New England came to town.

Carlos won't be back. And if he does it wont be for long. Not many can come back from that, and he wasn't that good to begin with.

I hope Carlos doesn't try to come back until he is 100% healed. If he does he will probably re-injure his knee.

But I disagree that he wasn't very good. Someone ran the numbers last year in the games he played and the games just after he was hurt. The teams we played put up 100 yds more a game passing after Carlos was injured. He was beginning to really play well last year.

im def more worried about rogers and rocky..i dont think rogers is a beast corner or anything but i think they both have potential and i would hate to see them second guess themselves or go out early and re-injure themselves.

After reading the title of you thread I was going to go get my hammer....:D

I don't care what the medical staff does this year but we really need to start the season pure healthy and stay healthy. I can't take another year of players going down one by one. Adding depth this year in the off-season hopefully can help.

Archived