Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO signs extension with the Cowboys

coolbeans

On the flip side, he is getting up their in age. It is basically a guess trying to determine when a player is done since people age differently. He could last a couple of years or he could be done in a year. I do know that injuries will begin bother him more an more.

The pukes are taking a chance. Hard to argue with the chance, but a chance none-the-less. If it goes bad, they will struggle some on offense.

What have you done with NewCliche21? This is not the ATN that I have come ot know? :)
Meds.
He has a history...we're watching.
:laugh: I knew you would label him an outcast for that statement. :laugh:

:silly:

Facts and credibility are what's important. I would much rather be looked upon as a Redskins fan who knows what he's talking about, which I do for the most part, than just someone who sees the colors blue and silver and fires off some rant. It works for some people, but it doesn't work for me.

Remember: The best way to make someone look like an ***hole is to be a perfect gentleman.

Facts and credibility are what's important. I would much rather be looked upon as a Redskins fan who knows what he's talking about, which I do for the most part, than just someone who sees the colors blue and silver and fires off some rant. It works for some people, but it doesn't work for me.

Remember: The best way to make someone look like an ***hole is to be a perfect gentleman.

Hmmm... this could get interesting. Facts?.... Credibility?... You're gonna have some problems with some folks around here. I've seen how this works. Well said though. :applause:

Bubba, tr1, THA:

Please don't forget my allegiances. I am here because I support my team. That's it. I have no allegiance to any other poster. If I earn your respect, which I feel that I will, then that's awesome. But supporting my team and bolstering the respect for our fanbase is why I'm here.

Bubba, tr1, THA:

Please don't forget my allegiances. I am here because I support my team. That's it. I have no allegiance to any other poster. If I earn your respect, which I feel that I will, then that's awesome. But supporting my team and bolstering the respect for our fanbase is why I'm here.

I've never once questioned your allegiance

I was pointing out some traits about the "poster" you where replying too :)

:cheers:

Great post NC and for every battle we have had you have always maintained your class and cred with me

watch out NewCliche you are about to be a Cowboys fan again :D

One can only be judged by their posts, right BigD?

Some have somethin'...and others, eh, got nothin'...including the inability to say anything remotely negative about their team.

Absolutely nothin'

:laugh:

I agree and judging by his posts NewCliche is a Redskins fan first, and yet able to hold honest debates and maintain credibility

Some posters could learn alot from him

I always smile when puke fans applaud the 'objectivity' of 'Skins fans'...

I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Let's see what happens.

Does the salary cap not apply to the Cowboys anymore? WhereTF is all this sudden infusion of cash coming from? They weren't that far under the cap to begin with, and yet they're throwing mad jack around like it's going out of style...

I realize that may sound ridiculous coming from a Redskins fan, but JJ is making Snyder look like an absolute spendthrift this offseason.

Does the salary cap not apply to the Cowboys anymore? WhereTF is all this sudden infusion of cash coming from? They weren't that far under the cap to begin with, and yet they're throwing mad jack around like it's going out of style...

I realize that may sound ridiculous coming from a Redskins fan, but JJ is making Snyder look like an absolute spendthrift this offseason.

maybe Snyder is broke :laugh:

:cheers:

It seems as if Jerrah is banking on an uncapped year, which most people don't feel is going to happen. I mean, giving a 34 year-old receiver (35 this season) this kind of money?? Seems a little ridiculous to me.

You could look at it that way. However, with Canty, Hamlin the only guys with contracts coming up and 6+ mill in cap space could be looking good right now.

I mean to sign all of these guys when some were claiming Jerry was broke :laugh:

They were $4 million under the cap. They restructured Romo sits to pee and Davis and signed Barber and Newman to new deals. After those 4 moves, they were roughly $5.3 million under the cap. TO was counting $8 million against the cap for the upcoming year but after signing his new, more conventional contract, his cap number for the coming year has been reduced to around $4.1-4.3 million. So, after all the deals, they have increased their cap room to about $9 million. Hamlin is counting $4.3 million agianst the cap right now. If they sign him to a mega-deal, it will likely reduce his cap hit by around $1 million.

My question to you is why does this information come as a surprise? How did the skins go from $20 million over to $6 million under without cutting anyone? Teams with cash on hand can always create as much cap room as needed. There are many more ways Jerry could create more cap room if needed. If you bought into the "Jerry is broke" theory then thats all on you.

It does seem TO has been turning things around. And a lot of that probably does have to do with his desire for a ring. However, if the Cowboys slip and/or Romo sits to pee says the wrong thing about TO, then I could see the **** hitting the fan again. I remember the Dallas vs. Buffalo game, and towards the end TO was getting Romo sits to pee's face a lot like he was doing with McNabb towards the end. Could be nothing, but it is TO, and if Dallas struggles I don't know if him being around would be a good thing.

One thing that makes me shake my head is, I'd rather TO be in Philly then Dallass. Dallass has a more legitimate chance to win a SB then Philly did or does. It torques me that he had to wait to get to Dallass to be on his best behavior. Wish he'd have gone to Denver if anything.

Archived