Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is man an animal?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest sith lord
Animals play and hang out all the time. You obviously don't know anything about animals if you think all they are doing is rooting around for food all day. Appease their masters? What are you talking about. Some mammals are much more social than human beings and have a lot more friends then you ever will.

You keep believing that.

Guest sith lord
Please answer my question about early man.

No, even early man wasn't an animal IMO. That is, if I actually believe in the concept of early man.

This post does make sense, but still, man is an animal.

on every single biological level we are an animal, but we are not your every day house cat.

I subscribe to the newer classification of eukaryotes, ya'll are old school ;)

many scientists now consider this five-kingdom system to be outdated. Modern alternative classification systems generally begin with the three-domain system:[8]

Archaea (originally Archaebacteria) -- Bacteria (originally Eubacteria) -- Eukarya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology

No, even early man wasn't an animal IMO. That is, if I actually believe in the concept of early man.

OK. I could knock you for thinking that musuems are full of lies, as is the discovery channel and history channel. Oh, Carbon dating is fake too.

But, ill just attack your flawed argument that humans aren't animals because we vacation and play video games.

If you say early man wasn't animal, tell me where he vacationed?

Reic said it best and there isn't a single respecable person IMO, who says differently. Humans are Mammals. Mammals are animals. Humans are animals.

Reic said it best and there isn't a single respecable person IMO, who says differently. Humans are Mammals. Mammals are animals. Humans are animals.

Be careful you don't fall off the end of the world with that thinking.

It's a loooong drop from what they said.

Is a piece of coral a animal?...yes ,biologically speaking.

Are they? I thought they might be classified as plants. (Although I think sponges are considered animals, so the ability to move isn't required for animal-hood. I guess I don't remember how they decide to classify things like that.)

Are they? I thought they might be classified as plants. (Although I think sponges are considered animals, so the ability to move isn't required for animal-hood. I guess I don't remember how they decide to classify things like that.)

Yes coral and sponges are animals(biologically speaking) because of cell structure....they both move too,you probably didn't notice cause they take tiny steps ;)

(Following the link, simply to check the validity of my suspicion that the poster has decided to bring in someone who's an expert at not reasoning.)

Yep.

As soon as I saw the reference to the book of Genisis. I stopped reading. Did I miss anything good?

Animals act only on instint to appease there master.

How can man be an animal if he plays video games and vacations?

the comment about how animals don't do anything for fun, just survival and appeasement of masters... why is it that when I was watching my neighbor's cat, it would beg me to open the garage door and let him inside the garage where there is no sustenance and does nothing to please me? is it possibly because the cat enjoy's the garage? no, that can't be it, because animals don't have fun.

Humans are obviously animals.

The only reason one would state that we're not is to rationalize some religious viewpoint. If it says in their bible that God created man in his own image, (and that he's somehow superior to all other beasts) then no amount of evidence will change their minds. It's delusional.

Coral are closely related to Sea Anemones. Which in turn are less closely related to Jellyfish.

Archived