Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is man an animal?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This poll should be public. :2cents:

I'll make mine public, no man is not a animal(and I have as much proof as those that say animals have souls ;) )

I am open to women being animals though. :silly:

I'll make mine public, no man is not a animal(and I have as much proof as those that say animals have souls ;) )

I am open to women being animals though. :silly:

Souls are intangible and therefore there can be no hard proof one way or the other. Man being an animal is simple biology that we all learn in the 2nd grade.

Souls are intangible and therefore there can be no hard proof one way or the other. Man being an animal is simple biology that we all learn in the 2nd grade.

Oh really?

The fact we share cell structure makes us the same now?

I suppose if you use the term meaning basic cell structure it fits,but I look at the other definition... one of the lower animals as distinguished from human beings

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/animal

Oh really?

The fact we share cell structure makes us the same now?

I suppose if you use the term meaning basic cell structure it fits,but I look at the other definition... one of the lower animals as distinguished from human beings

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/animal

If we aren't animals kindly tell me which biological kingdom we belong to. Thanks.

If we aren't animals kindly tell me which biological kingdom we belong to. Thanks.

As I already said,speaking strictly as relating to cell structure we are classed as Animalia....however

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal

In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.[1]

That my friend, is next weeks pol l;)

I look forward to it ,any creature that you can make bite,claw and howl (not to mention beg) and then turn on you is open to debate on classification.

But I love her anyway:laugh:

Do you know that there are parrots that have larger vocabularies than some humans. According to guiness book of world records, there is a bird that learned over 12,000 discreet words.

I don't know that has anything to do with this subject. I just thought it was a cool fact.

I cant speak for the rest of you, but I'm certainly not an animal. I have many concerns and questions that I ponder, but I've come to grips with myself long ago that I'm a man.

At first this post made me laugh.

Then I read your sig and realized that you might not be joking.:doh:

Guest sith lord
At first this post made me laugh.

Then I read your sig and realized that you might not be joking.:doh:

I actually agree with what he said. If you and many others want to call yourselves animals, by all means go right ahead. I'm a human.

I actually agree with what he said. If you and many others want to call yourselves animals, by all means go right ahead. I'm a human.

Answer this for me:

So modern man is not an animal, but were early man animals?

You used video games and vacation as your reasoning to say that we are not animals.

How in the world can we be animals when we have a free will? Everything an animal does is either instinctive, for survival or to apease his master.

Animals play and hang out all the time. You obviously don't know anything about animals if you think all they are doing is rooting around for food all day. Appease their masters? What are you talking about. Some mammals are much more social than human beings and have a lot more friends then you ever will.

6 out of 36 so far. Not too bad I guess.

Perhaps the wording of the poll and question could be clearer?

Is man just another animal?..No,not in my opinion

or are we not part of the animal kingdom?

Yes we are part of the Animalia kingdom based on cell structure,biologically speaking.

Is a piece of coral a animal?...yes ,biologically speaking.

Animals play and hang out all the time. You obviously don't know anything about animals if you think all they are doing is rooting around for food all day. Appease their masters? What are you talking about. Some mammals are much more social than human beings and have a lot more friends then you ever will.

I assumed he was only thinking of pets or animals in packs of wolves where the alpha male leads:whoknows: But yea I dunno what he really meant by that.

Perhaps the wording of the poll and question could be clearer?

Is man just another animal?..No,not in my opinion

or are we not part of the animal kingdom?

Yes we are part of the Animalia kingdom based on cell structure,biologically speaking.

Is a piece of coral a animal?...yes ,biologically speaking.

This post does make sense, but still, man is an animal.

on every single biological level we are an animal, but we are not your every day house cat.

Archived