Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sunburn Relief

CandaceM23

So I took the day off yesterday and went to Sandy Point Park to lay out by the water for the day. I bought some new sunblock before I left and applied it throughout the day. Unfortunately the sun was too strong. I'm sunburnt beyond belief. I've never, ever had a sunburn this bad.

I'm in so much pain. My backside is burnt to hell. It hurts to walk, it hurts to sit down, it hurts to lay on my back, everything hurts. I keep taking Tylenol and I'm drinking water ... but what else can I do?

I read to use vinegar compresses. I've been doing that but it only takes the burn away for a few minutes. I've got aloe with lidocaine and that only works for a few minutes. What in the world can I do to get rid of this pain?

This thread sucks without pics.

I don't know how in the world I'd be able to get a picture of this ... it hurts to raise my arms ... so looks like no pictures.

have someone pee on your back.

seriously, aspirin or something to take the pain away. but thats about it. i tried warm showers but it just burned too much.

I'm so not into golden showers. :laugh: I know that pee helps with jellyfish bites/burns, but sunburn??? :laugh:

It hurt to take a shower this morning, but I figured that it would be better than a bath. I'd have to sit down in the tub, and it hurts so bad to sit down. :(

Spray on bendadryl itch relief for starters, then keep using aloe

Why benadryl itch relief? I'm not itchy ... I'm burning.

I'm so not into golden showers. :laugh: I know that pee helps with jellyfish bites/burns, but sunburn??? :laugh:

First Nirvana, now this!!!

:laugh:

the benadryl is a good call though. and pee would work, I have heard a Dr hotline reccomend it. Its the salt or enzymes I believe that stop the pain.

First Nirvana, now this!!!

:laugh:

the benadryl is a good call though. and pee would work, I have heard a Dr hotline reccomend it. Its the salt or enzymes I believe that stop the pain.

Can you imagine how that call would go ....

ME: Uhhh ... so, can you do me a favor?

PERSON: Whatcha need?

ME: Well, I'm sunburnt. Bad. Really bad. And I need help.

PERSON: Need me to get you some aloe or something?

ME: Not exactly, I need you to come over and piss on my back.

I don't know how in the world I'd be able to get a picture of this ... it hurts to raise my arms ... so looks like no pictures.

It hurt to take a shower this morning, but I figured that it would be better than a bath. I'd have to sit down in the tub, and it hurts so bad to sit down. :(

fine...ill come take pictures of it for everyone. ill consider it my civic duty...

and i go with aloe like several others. thats all ive ever used when i got bad burns, even for sun poisoning.

It has a cooling sensation to it, and also get the one with aloe. I've used it before, works well on dry skin, ant bites and sunburn.

if they cared enough they would pee on you.

I want to piss on you

yes i do

ill pee on you

ill piss on you

th_DaveChappelle-Rkelly-IwannaPissOnYo.jpg

PERSON: Do I need to tell you, "it's raining?"

Wouldn't be the first time I got one of those calls:paranoid:

Wouldn't be the first time I got one of those calls:paranoid:

I remember when I was younger, I could pee on some girls back, and be ready to do it again in minutes.

Now, it takes a little longer get the old bladder up, I mean, you know, filled up. :paranoid:

I've got no real solutions other than to say that I really sympathize with unbelievable sunburn pain.

As a teen I was too cool to worry about sunblock and I went to a waterpark all day and FRIED. I'm talking couldn't shower, couldn't get dressed, and trying to sleep was a joke.

Anyhow the vinegar and aloe vera offered slight relief but for two days there was just straight p-a-i-n.

You weren't at my local Super Walmart last night were you? I saw a young lady in there rooting through the burn sprays who was a wicked shade of red...

Hang in there, it'll pass.

I've got no real solutions other than to say that I really sympathize with unbelievable sunburn pain.

As a teen I was too cool to worry about sunblock and I went to a waterpark all day and FRIED. I'm talking couldn't shower, couldn't get dressed, and trying to sleep was a joke.

Anyhow the vinegar and aloe vera offered slight relief but for two days there was just straight p-a-i-n.

You weren't at my local Super Walmart last night were you? I saw a young lady in there rooting through the burn sprays who was a wicked shade of red...

Hang in there, it'll pass.

Aloe Vera isn't doing anything ... it numbs the skin for a few minutes and then it's back to straight pain again. Same for vinegar.

Showering hurts, clothes hurt, and I slept on my stomach last night. Not comfortable at all.

I'm drinking water and taking tylenol ... maybe I just need to start taking shots of Jack or Crown. That'll numb me up.

Archived