Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More controversy at Obama's Church

WVUforREDSKINS

Who wins this matchup?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Heidenreich (Johansson, Shakira, Maran)
    • skinsfan07 (Fox, Sims, Nordegren)

Another Chicago minister is causing headaches for Barack Obama after he gave a sermon Sunday at Obama’s church in which he said Hillary Clinton felt entitled to the presidency because she’s white.

Catholic pastor Michael Pfleger, who is white, issued a formal apology for his sermon Thursday after Obama put out a statement saying he was “deeply disappointed” by Pfleger’s remarks at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

“I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them,” Pfleger said.

That was after a video of his sermon was posted on YouTube.

In it, Pfleger mocked Clinton for getting choked up on camera before the New Hampshire primary in January.

“When Hillary was crying … I really don’t believe it was put on. I really believe that she just always thought ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife. I’m white. And this is mine’,” he said, shouting at times. “Then out of nowhere came, ‘Hey I’m Barack Obama’. And she said, ‘Oh damn! Where did you come from? I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show’!”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/29/at-obamas-church-chicago-minister-says-clinton-felt-white-entitlement/

BTW, the preacher was a White Catholic. Probably just trying to play to his black audience. Just wanted to beat you to it Sarge:D

This isn't even a story expect on Fox News.

Yeah, so many white people attend Trinity, I say maybe 1%.

probably 1-2%. Its a black liberation Church. How many whites would want to?

On the flip side the mormons didn't decide blacks were humans until a couple decades ago. How many black mormons are there?

Just try to have some prespective and realize this guy was preaching to a black audience. And Obama is well known to many of them. He was playing to his crowd. This pastor, like Wright, loves attention.

And is anyone gonna argue that Hilary didn't feel intitled to the dem nom? I doubt it.

He was dumb to bring up race, though.

The republicans are so screwed this fall. A lot more of this stuff could happen and it wouldn't be very damaging. Many attempts will be made but that just makes it all interesting.

McClennan is helping the Dems more than anyone ever could have.

I will be interested to watch people try to pin this speech on Obama, whenhe not only wasn't there, but rejected the speech immediately, and made the guy apologize. It'll be good stuff.

Well it IS Obama's fault.

That this church's sermons are now national news. And hell, NOW they have a pulpit to make their voices heard. Pun intended. Clever huh?

Archived