Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much would you pay for my car ?

Mickalino

Real ghost, or clever ruse?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Real ghost, or clever ruse?

I've been trying to sell my car, but I've been getting lowballed with idiot offers that are way below what the car is worth. So I wanted to get an objective view from you guys, if you could put yourself in the shoes of a buyer, and act as if you were in the market for this kind of car, how much would you be willing to pay for it. That way I know how firm I should stand at the car's worth. This is how my ad reads, so you know all the pertinent info, and I added the picture.

1997 Buick LeSabre, Luxury Car, 130,000 miles, Copper Color, 4-Door, 6 Cylinder, Well-maintained, excellent running condition, A/C works perfectly. body is in good condition. New CD Player. Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats. Only flaw is very small dent in front right corner bumper.

Car.jpg

You're not selling this right.

1997 Buick LeSabre, Luxury Car, customized Burgundy & Gold blended Color, 4-Door, 6 Cylinder, Well-maintained, excellent Redskin cheerleader magnet, A/C works perfectly. body is in good condition. New CD Player. Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats. Vehicle can drive to and from Redskin tailgate events on auto pilot. Only flaw is very small dent in front right corner bumper, which happened when I ran over a Cowboys fan, so I guess it's not really a flaw.

Car.jpg

Vet minimum + incentives.

Wait, sorry, wrong thread.

I don't know too much about car values, but I'd be concered that it's 11 years old, I don't usually go for used cars that old. When was the last time you had things like the transmission serviced? Also, not a big fan of the color.

What's the Kelly Blue Book value on it?

You're not selling this right........

"Only flaw is very small dent in front right corner bumper, which happened when I ran over a Cowboys fan, so I guess it's not really a flaw."

:laugh: Thanks, I really needed that laugh.

A Buick with 130,000 miles, eleven years old and not exactly attractive?

I think buyers would have low expectations of how much longer it will run for.

I would be surprised if you could get more than $1500 for it. At this stage if it runs well it's worth much more to you than you could get for it, unless you have to get rid of it.

What are you basing "what its worth" on? Kelly Blue Book? Edmunds?

Edmunds says its worth about $2200 - and since its a 97 Buick and probably gets 15 miles to the gallon, you can probably expect no more than $1500 for it. Just my :2cents:

Yes, Kelly Blue Book says it's about $2200, and a guy offered me $1000.

Also, a friend of mine told me that ANY car that runs, and has working A/C IN FLORIDA, is worth at least $1500-$1800.

A Buick with 130,000 miles, eleven years old and not exactly attractive?

I think buyers would have low expectations of how much longer it will run for.

I would be surprised if you could get more than $1500 for it. At this stage if it runs well it's worth much more to you than you could get for it, unless you have to get rid of it.

$1500 turned out to be my rock-bottom price, but I'm getting offers of $1000, and I think that's an insult.

$1500 turned out to be my rock-bottom price, but I'm getting offers of $1000, and I think that's an insult.

i dont see why you are offended. Its not a pleasure ride, it doesn't have the appeal for teenagers. It has alot of negatives..

Archived