Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ranking the offensive line...Updated Pete Prisco Rankings CBS

bedlamVR

There was a relevant analogy to be made, so it's not a troll bit.

Oh I don't know about that. If I recall, many Redskins fans here were feeling all high and mighty after beating the Cowboys in a meaningless (to the Cowboys) final season game and there was a lot of talk about destiny and taking it to the Cowboys at Texas Stadium. In fact, it appeared that many Redskins fans took Seattle for granted.

This humiliation trip you guys keep talking about once again shows the peril of living in a glass house. :2cents:

Once again, you try to trivialize your playoff loss.

It was monumental. An NFL record tying performance one-and-dones.

The pukes have been NFCE projected champs since '05...but, the expectations never translate into reality.

The Skins are never projected to be NFCE champs, yet they've made the playoffs two of the last three years.

Don't lecture us on puffing our team.

The pukes have been NFCE projected champs since '05...but, the expectations never translate into reality.

The Skins are never projected to be NFCE champs, yet they've made the playoffs two of the last three years.

As you wrote in another thread about Dallas....you are wrong. I do not believe that Dallas was the favorites last year (going into the season) much MUCH less the 2006 season when Drew Bledsoe was the starter:2cents:

Believe what you want about the Cowboys playoff loss to the Giants, tr1. It doesn't make any difference to me.

But I don't recall a lot of media pundits predicting the Cowboys would win the NFC East going into last season. There was a lot of questions about a new coaching staff and whether Romo sits to pee could perform well in his first full season as the starting QB.

I don't diminish what the Redskins accomplished, especially in light of what took place last season. But you can't deny the overall mood of the Stadium going into that Seattle playoff game. By and large, you guys expected to win and you lost by 21 points. So don't go "trivializing your playoff loss", mmkay?

No excuses here. Merely a plausible explanation.

Uh, the Patriots were the hands-on favorite to win it all. :doh:

I was disappointed. But it wasn't like the Cowboys got blown out of the water. In fact, the only one-sided playoff game I remember seeing last season was that Redskins vs. the 12th man wildcard game.

Well as 21 point losses go I would not call the game at Seattle one sided. We were ahead 17-13 mid way through the 4th quarter. They scored two TD's on defence late as the downside of having a QB with a weaker arm came sharply into focus. It certainly was NOT a blow out whatever the final score might suggest.

A loss is a loss though if its by 21 points or 1 point.

So your take is?:whoknows:

Honestly? My take is you are crazy or a huge homer if you think only "

Newman, Hamlin, Ware, McBriar" Would start in Washington

TO would start in Washington

Romo sits to pee would start in Washington

Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode Would Start in washington

Ellis would start in Washington (DE)

Canty would start in Washington (DT)

Love him opr hate him Roy Williams would start at SS in washington

Your post was silly

True selves? :laugh:

I suppose Gurode and Davis sustaining injuries late in the season didn't factor into things at all, right?

Well considering we went 9-7 and made the playoffs with two backups playing all season shows how much better our o-line is. At least you're starters could play. Let's not forget that the Cowboys got to play Green Bay and the Patriots at home, two games in which the Skins played on the road.

13 to the probowl is a joke, every other fan of every other team except the Cowpusses knows it. Perception is reality, and the Cowgirl fans ain't living in reality.

Well considering we went 9-7 and made the playoffs with two backups playing all season shows how much better our o-line is. At least you're starters could play. Let's not forget that the Cowboys got to play Green Bay and the Patriots at home, two games in which the Skins played on the road.

13 to the probowl is a joke, every other fan of every other team except the Cowpusses knows it. Perception is reality, and the Cowgirl fans ain't living in reality.

Like I said, I'm not knocking what the Redskins accomplished last season. It may very well have been the best coaching performance of Joe Gibbs' career.

Your post was silly

Now who is being silly?

If you read the thread it said : "Besides TO, who would start in Washington?"

My answer:

1. Romo sits to pee would not start over Campbell IMO, and you will see why with both player's performance this year (giving Romo sits to pee the benefit of the doubt, this one able to be debated)

2. I would take Randy Thomas over Leonard Davis 100 times out of 100. Downfield blocking is pretty important.

3. Rabach is more consistent that Gurode and has held your boy Ratliff in check with great ease. Not to mention he can snap in a shotgun offense.

4. Explain to me how Canty would start over Andre Carter or Anthony Montgomery when Carter had more sacks last season than Canty has had his whole career, and has tripled his career number of tackles. Montgomery is so much better than Canty it's laughable, but not as laughable as trying to put a DE at DT and expect the same results. Nice research.

5. Our linebackers are as good as and better than Greg Ellis, At DE maybe Elliscould play, but Chris Wilson is a better at getting to the QB than Ellis as he proved in numbers last year. The funny thing is that Chris Wilson barely played too. If you count Phillip Daniels, yes Ellis is better. We also have Eramus James now... This will pay dividends.

Laugh at that one spanky.

Your post was silly

roy williams would start? now who is being silly?

How many poor long snaps did Gurode have last year? and you think he would start?

Romo sits to pee and Campbell are argued so much on here that Im not even going to beat that dead horse.

Now who is being silly?

If you read the thread it said : "Besides TO, who would start in Washington?"

My bad

My answer:

1. Romo sits to pee would not start over Campbell IMO, and you will see why with both player's performance this year (giving Romo sits to pee the benefit of the doubt, this one able to be debated)

There is no debate Romo sits to pee was FAR superior last season, and you base starters on what they have done not what you think they might do

2. I would take Randy Thomas over Leonard Davis 100 times out of 100. Downfield blocking is pretty important.

IMO you would be wrong 100 times but there are 2 guard spots and Davis 100% starts over Kendall

3. Rabach is more consistent that Gurode and has held your boy Ratliff in check with great ease. Not to mention he can snap in a shotgun offense.

Sorry Gurode hands down beats Rabach who I actually like but he is not better than Gurode and 3 bad snaps does not make him beter

4. Explain to me how Canty would start over Andre Carter or Anthony Montgomery when Carter had more sacks last season than Canty has had his whole career, and has tripled his career number of tackles. Montgomery is so much better than Canty it's laughable, but not as laughable as trying to put a DE at DT and expect the same results. Nice research.

Go read up on the differences in the 43 and 34 DE and DT positions and then reply to this part again

5. Our linebackers are as good as and better than Greg Ellis, At DE maybe Elliscould play, but Chris Wilson is a better at getting to the QB than Ellis as he proved in numbers last year.

:laugh: The Jokes keep coming

The funny thing is that Chris Wilson barely played too. If you count Phillip Daniels, yes Ellis is better. We also have Eramus James now... This will pay dividends.

Ellis > Dniels, Wilson and James sorry

Laugh at that one spanky.

trust me, I am

roy williams would start? now who is being silly?

Yes Roy would start at SS on your team thats fact

How many poor long snaps did Gurode have last year? and you think he would start?

He had 3, and still played at a pro bowl level yes he starts

Romo sits to pee and Campbell are argued so much on here that Im not even going to beat that dead horse.

Because there is no argument

way to make yourself look like a fool just looking for a fight. he cant even start on your team and you KNOW Doughty is a better SS then horse collar.

He had 3, and still played at a pro bowl level yes he starts

all those pro bowlers and no playoff win. your boy almost cost you how many games? he is a piece of **** compared to rabach.

Because there is no argument

are you enjoying your trolling this evening?

can we get you a drink while you troll?

please remember that all trolling stops at midnight.

way to make yourself look like a fool just looking for a fight. he cant even start on your team and you KNOW Doughty is a better SS then horse collar.

Since when is reality looking for a fight?

Doughty :laugh:

all those pro bowlers and no playoff win. your boy almost cost you how many games? he is a piece of **** compared to rabach.

Yup you want rational conversation, and I am looking for a fight :laugh:

are you enjoying your trolling this evening?

can we get you a drink while you troll?

please remember that all trolling stops at midnight.

You need thicker skin Mike, the man asked for a reply I gave it to him. If you can not handle the honesty you did not need to reply

At least we arent agreeing anymore ;)

Possible, but TO would never be signed to be in DC

I seriously doubt it, The one thing Gibbs couldn't tolerate from his QB's is making bad decisions... which Romo sits to pee does a bunch... Zorn I don't know enough about yet

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's why the Skins didn't try to sign Davis

Come on BigD.. this isn't close to reality Davis couldn't come close to Randy Thomas on his best day, heck your cast off Fabini played as well as Davis replacing Thomas after he got injured.

Gurode, bad snapping in shot gun would not fly for Gibbs...besides Rabach has been an anchor of the OL since signing... and when you look at the lines the past few years... without a doubt the Skins OL has been one of the best... where the Pokes have been regularly the worse in the NFC East.... and near the bottom of the NFL until last season.... where they still weren't that great

he wou;d be in the rotation... starting ...eh

nope

:thud:

OMG you have earned your homer stripes with this one, RW couldn't replace Landry, even after the tragic loss of Taylor...Doughty played well enough to start for several teams, and played much better than RW does

Your post was silly

you MUST be talking to yourself :insane:

Since when is reality looking for a fight?

Doughty :laugh:

Yup you want rational conversation, and I am looking for a fight :laugh:

You need thicker skin Mike, the man asked for a reply I gave it to him. If you can not handle the honesty you did not need to reply

At least we arent agreeing anymore ;)

if you say something with half intelligence then maybe i would be able to still agree with you. but when you start spouting off about roy williams starting on our team it is obvious that you are either looking to get people riled up or you are drunk.

my skin is thick enough. its my patience for dumb threads that i dont have time for. much like your jibba jabba :laugh:

Yes Roy would start at SS on your team thats fact/QUOTE]I think you should look up the meaning of the word fact.

No need to. Doughty would not beat out Roy Williams for a starting SS job saying he would is ridiculous especially considering he has never beat out anyone for a starting Job

No need to. Doughty would not beat out Roy Williams for a starting SS job saying he would is ridiculous especially considering he has never beat out anyone for a starting Job

considering the LACK of talent at safety your team has and the fact that RW is benched during ALL pass plays shows that you KNOW better then this.

you're just trying to get people riled up.

Possible, but TO would never be signed to be in DC

we werent playing the would they sign him game just would they start

I seriously doubt it, The one thing Gibbs couldn't tolerate from his QB's is making bad decisions... which Romo sits to pee does a bunch... Zorn I don't know enough about yet

Even Gibbs would take 36 TDs with "4%" bad decisions compared to 12 TDs with "2.3%" bad decisions

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's why the Skins didn't try to sign Davis

Come on BigD.. this isn't close to reality Davis couldn't come close to Randy Thomas on his best day, heck your cast off Fabini played as well as Davis replacing Thomas after he got injured.

The Fabini part was especially hilarious buba you are stepping up your homerism game I am proud, but as I said before I was speaking of Kendalls spot

Gurode, bad snapping in shot gun would not fly for Gibbs...besides Rabach has been an anchor of the OL since signing... and when you look at the lines the past few years... without a doubt the Skins OL has been one of the best... where the Pokes have been regularly the worse in the NFC East.... and near the bottom of the NFL until last season.... where they still weren't that great

3 bad snaps does not negate that he is a better player than Rabach and what does OLine units have to do with a one by one position comparison absolutely nothing

he wou;d be in the rotation... starting ...eh

yes starting at DE

nope

yup

OMG you have earned your homer stripes with this one, RW couldn't replace Landry, even after the tragic loss of Taylor...Doughty played well enough to start for several teams, and played much better than RW does

Landry is FS not SS he was not in the equation, Williams would hands down be ahead of doughty

Funny thing is I gave plenty of Skins players credit here by not saying a Cowboys player could start pver them if it was iffy, like Henry over a gimpy and old Springs or Crayton over a rookie WR I just left it out because I think their washington counterparts are good.

I only put ones I feel are guaranteed and still get flack amazing

if you say something with half intelligence then maybe i would be able to still agree with you. but when you start spouting off about roy williams starting on our team it is obvious that you are either looking to get people riled up or you are drunk.

my skin is thick enough. its my patience for dumb threads that i dont have time for. much like your jibba jabba :laugh:

time for you to move on Mike, the big boys are talking now

considering the LACK of talent at safety your team has and the fact that RW is benched during ALL pass plays shows that you KNOW better then this.

you're just trying to get people riled up.

Umm Roy wasnt benched during pass plays, do some research

not even most Poke fans would take this statement seriously

come on BigD... this isn't even debatable

before Taylor's death... Landry was the SS

Williams wishes he was as good as LL. After Taylors death and Landry moved and Doughty played SS, he started slow and had a horrible first game (which is Roy Boys norm) but improved so much over the next few games the Redskins made zero moves to find someone to replace him

Roy Boy is getting trashed by the media, fans, and teammates... Doughty was getting nothing but praise from the coaching staff (and media) since the season ended

live in your fantasy world, but don't expect the rest of us join you there

Davis would start over Kendall... you are right

Davis plays the same position as Thomas though.... Would he start? No.

Romo sits to pee had 19 interceptions last year and most were his fault. He is average in the big picture and chokes under pressure big time. So is Jason Campbell, but Campbell has a way bigger upside... you have and will see much more this year. It was nice that Romo sits to pee had a full season to work as well. Think of what Campbell did against Detroit, that is what you will see this year.

The rest is a clash in opinion... I might give you the Greg Ellis argument, but if you need to switch players around to try to gain leverage it defeats the purpose, right? Laron Landry can outplay your whole secondary and play any of their positions. He was a freakin rookie! London Fletcher is better than any of your linebackers save Demarcus Ware. Chris Samuels is better than any of your O-linemen. Almost every receiver on our roster is better than what you have hanging on to TO's jersey.

The rest is just clash of opinion, speculation, and spinning things to try to prove a moot point.

Archived