Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News Jokes About Killing Obama

Barney B

Normally, the name Fox News in any thread title could be expected to start up another classic episode of Extremskins Partisan Slugfest, but I kind of doubt many people will be jumping up to defend Liz Trotta's quote from this clip:

in which we see the Fox News commentator making an on-air joke about assassinating Barack Obama. "[...] and now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama. Um, uh, Obama. Well them both, if we could."

Any bets on what happens to her on account of this?

Meh .. the comment was outrageous certainly but ...

As much as I usually can't stand fox news .. and I am a pretty liberal guy (I don't think it's a dirty work either ... I think the thread title is misleading. Some random hack from the Washington Times makes a really, really stupid comment/joke and the interviewer doesn't chime in or act like it's funny .... I don't start screaming at Fox News about it.

I don't know the capacity in which she works for them (the wiki page says she is a 'contributer' .. but I think the accountability in this case is on the ignorant, hateful individual rather than the network.

Any bets on what happens to her on account of this?

The same thing that happened to the Olberweiner when he spoke of killing Bush and Cheney?....Didn't he get a raise?

I have a hard time believing this is a 'gaffe".

Propagandists will go to any lengths, and they always have, including orchestrating little "oopsies" that plant ideas in people's heads.

In this case, Osama = Obama= bad enough to kill.

Whether they actually would suggest killing him, well, she just did, right?

~Bang

I have a hard time believing this is a 'gaffe".

Propagandists will go to any lengths, and they always have, including orchestrating little "oopsies" that plant ideas in people's heads.

In this case, Osama = Obama= bad enough to kill.

Whether they actually would suggest killing him, well, she just did, right?

~Bang

I wouldn't put it past them. A fundamental aspect of talk radio and FOX news seems to be to insinuate that it's OK to talk like this, as if it's cool to be a bitter partisan and hate your fellow countrymen.

That was certainly an inappropriate comment and something that shouldn't be joked about. I'm astounded that she (or anyone else for that matter) would say something like that on national television, joke or not.

I wouldn't put it past them. A fundamental aspect of talk radio and FOX news seems to be to insinuate that it's OK to talk like this, as if it's cool to be a bitter partisan and hate your fellow countrymen.

I'm curious as to what other specific examples from Fox News make you believe that the network as a whole condones this type of talk? And when I say "this type of talk" I mean specific examples where people laugh about knocking off a presidential candidate.

I don't deny that Fox News leans right, but I have never seen a regular Fox News anchor joke about murder or talk about their "bitter hatred" of liberals. I think you are way overreaching here.

That was certainly an inappropriaten comment and something that shouldn't be joked about. I'm astounded that she (or anyone else for that matter) would say something like that on national television, joke or not.

The funny thing is if I said that or typed that out in a forum the secret service would be knocking at my door as I would expect them to. This wench says it and nothing comes from it. Why hasn't she been hauled off by the FBI?? It sickens me.

I know, and the thing about it that bugs me the most is that there are a whole legion of Fox viewers who will not only excuse this sort of thing, but encourage it and legitimize it.

If Fox truly wants to appear "Fair and Balanced" they should fire this woman before the sun sets.

Most likely they won't because it was Hillary Clinton who opened the door to this crap, and they'll blame it all on the liberals. Big surprise there, huh?

Our media is in a sad state of affairs.

~Bang

Didnt Hillary hint at the same thing: Twice?

Its the Secret Service Hognose.. And they will.. they don't play.

Yeah Hillary too. I just wish we would hear about it when the Secret Service visits them. I want details and pics of it. :D

Guest sith lord

I find it very disturbing. And many of you wonder why myself and many other blacks have the attitudes that we have. Everybody jumped on Rev Wright and Michelle Obama for their comments, where's the outrage for what Clinton said and what that witch said on FoxNews?

I find it very disturbing. And many of you wonder why myself and many other blacks have the attitudes that we have. Everybody jumped on Rev Wright and Michelle Obama for their comments, where's the outrage for what Clinton said and what that witch said on FoxNews?

Well I believe we'll see more about it in the media tomorrow...we better. Since it's a holiday, news is slow to get out.

The funny thing is if I said that or typed that out in a forum the secret service would be knocking at my door as I would expect them to. This wench says it and nothing comes from it. Why hasn't she been hauled off by the FBI?? It sickens me.

Well, we certainly do not know if the SS has contacted her or not. However, no matter how idiotic the statement was, I'm sure that if the SS looked into it they would find it to be an ill-advised joke and not a credible threat.

Also, I may be wrong, but haven't people on other news networks been caught joking about Bush's and Cheney's deaths? I'm not sure, but I think I remember hearing something about it. Not that any of this type of joking is right, but I doubt this lady is the only one who's ever joked about this type of stuff before...

Also, I may be wrong, but haven't people on other news networks been caught joking about Bush's and Cheney's deaths? I'm not sure, but I think I remember hearing something about it. Not that any of this type of joking is right, but I doubt this lady is the only one who's ever joked about this type of stuff before...

Yeah and the Bush/Cheney threats were ignored too. These talking heads on Fox, Cnn, and MSNBC get away with it all the time. :cuss:

Guest sith lord
Well I believe we'll see more about it in the media tomorrow...we better. Since it's a holiday, news is slow to get out.

Keith Olberman is the only one that have held Clinton's feet to the fire so far.

That was certainly an inappropriate comment and something that shouldn't be joked about. I'm astounded that she (or anyone else for that matter) would say something like that on national television, joke or not.

I'm curious as to what other specific examples from Fox News make you believe that the network as a whole condones this type of talk? And when I say "this type of talk" I mean specific examples where people laugh about knocking off a presidential candidate.

I don't deny that Fox News leans right, but I have never seen a regular Fox News anchor joke about murder or talk about their "bitter hatred" of liberals. I think you are way overreaching here.

OK you asked for it. Here's Michael Savage:

On his July 5, 2007 radio broadcast, commenting on students' fasting in protest of the lack of immigration reform, Savage said, "I would say, let them fast until they starve to death; then that solves the problem."
Illiberalism is not only a mental disorder; it is fascist at its core.

Sean Hannity:

“I’ll tell you who should be tortured and killed at

Guantanamo - every filthy Democrat in the U.S. Congress. ”

– Sean Hannity on his TV show Hannity and Colmes, June 15, 2005

“This is the moment to say that there are things in life

worth fighting and dying for and one of ‘em is making

sure Nancy Pelosi doesn’t become the [House] speaker.”

– Sean Hannity on his radio program, August 29, 2006

“I don’t want to go on a lynching party against

Michelle Obama unless there’s evidence, hard facts,

that say this is how the woman really feels.”

– Bill O’Reilly on his national radio show discussing the recent

comment by Michelle Obama that for the first time in her

adult lifetime she’s proud of her country, February 19, 2008

“I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing

else, just had flooded them out, and I wouldn’t have rescued them.”

– Bill O’Reilly on his radio show, Sept. 14, 2005

“Will this country want to actually watch a woman

get older before their eyes on a daily basis?”

– Rush Limbaugh discussing Hillary Clinton becoming

president on his radio show, December 17, 2007

“My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not

go to the New York Times Building.”

– Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, 2002

Overreaching? If anything, what I said earlier was an understatement.

Quote:

“My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not

go to the New York Times Building.”

– Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, 2002

Overreaching? If anything, what I said earlier was an understatement.

I would love to watch Ann Coulter drawn and quartered. She is pure evil.

* Disclaimer: I wouldn't want this animal killed...but water boarding would be fun to watch.;)

The same thing that happened to the Olberweiner when he spoke of killing Bush and Cheney?....Didn't he get a raise?

Probably - I imagine his ratings went up. Like Rush, he can say any crazy damn thing he wants, since outrageousness sells, and without him, there's no show.

This lady doesn't have that luxury, though - Fox News can do just fine without her - so I think the question of whether or not she gets hung out to dry is a bit more interesting, and may say a lot about the attitude of management at Fox.

Archived