Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, MBIII got his LT $$$..... soooooo

bubba9497

what are the minimal expectation real fans will set for him to earn that money?

what should his acceptable numbers be?

give your expectation

and please no Pro Bowl invitations as a qualifier he is earning his money,

nor Redskin comparisons in the thread... this is about MBIII and his expectation

personally I think he's going to have to maintain top 5-6 numbers in all rb categories, or he will look like another one of Jerrah's contract follies

Actually, his contract is about 5 mill in guarantees less (21 vs. 16), and the total worth was 60 mill compared to 45 mill (which are really magic numbers anyway, neither will see the total value of their contract).

That being said, he should get 15+ TDs for that kind of money, and over 1200 yards.

Actually, his contract is about 5 mill in guarantees less (21 vs. 16), and the total worth was 60 mill compared to 45 mill

when someone is getting that kind of cash, who notices a difference of a few million :laugh:

7 million a year the first three years ... people are going to expect results

The way people perceive him now is going to change... he is no longer the hard working backup fan favorite, but a highly paid starter and the fans can turn quickly on him, especially after he was asking for phat cat money

VCD, thanks for your honesty :)

when someone is getting that kind of cash, who notices a difference of a few million :laugh:

7 million a year the first three years ... people are going to expect results

The way people perceive him now is going to change... he is no longer the hard working backup fan favorite, but a highly paid starter and the fans can turn quickly on him, especially after he was asking for phat cat money

VCD, thanks for your honesty :)

Very true, now that he is getting paid like a big dog, he has to step up and perform like one throughout the year. I think if he continues to play like he has, it will be justified. He might want to think about avoiding some contact here and there though.

His worth can't be seen in just stats. He adds a lot more to the game than just rushing yards.

for that kind of money he is going to have to produce stats

I am not sure what you think he adds to be worth 7 million a year that can't be measured in stats.... but what ever it is, without the stats he is going to be considered a bust

for that kind of money he is going to have to produce stats

I am not sure what you think he adds to be worth 7 million a year that can't be measured in stats.... but what ever it is, without the stats he is going to be considered a bust

I look at it this way. Coaches commented on Brandon Jacobs, saying his phsyical running style helped shape the offense. It brought a safety up, which opened up the passing game. Additionally, it helped Ahmad Bradshaw run effectively.

I see it the same way with Barber. Teams need to respect him because he's a tough dude to bring down. If they don't, they'll get burned. They'll bring help, but that opens things up for TO, Witten, Crayton, Felix Jones and any other skill position on the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys win a SB with him having a big impact on the game, no bust label need to applied.

Bear with me here as i try to explain how it all works out in my little world, which most people dont agree with.

I dont care how much players make anymore, its about greed all around, the players, the nfl, the fans. Fans dont care as long as they win and they'll take any player to win first and screw later. So a few million, a few billion, a hundred gabillion trillion famillion, doesnt matter, fans dont care.

It works like this, I dont care if you RB runs for that amount in yards. I dont care if he scores that much in td's, it doesnt matter if he catches for that much, cause this is a team sport and it does no good if the team doesnt win. If you lose no one cares how the particular person did, period.

All i ask from Marion as i said about Felix, can he run forward, if he cant do that, you have a bad RB. Offensive lines to a good qb to pure luck can make a RB good.

How good would any RB be behind a terrific offensive line? They can be wonders. This is why i hate the hall of fame, this is why fans irk me with certain talk. The bottom line is, can your running back run forward, if he can do that, thats half the battle.

A RB is a target in the NFL, and the bigger, stronger , tougher players get, their lifespan is shriking, than you have the media like ESPN shortening it down and saying players over 30 are to old, regardless of their DNA makeup.

Marion proved to me hes worth the money, he has heart, and i love players with heart.

over 4.0 per carry.

on or around 1200 yards and 10 or more TD's

:2cents:

That's what I would set the expectation to as well for a RB who gets that kind of a contract (though he prob. won't see ALL of that money). This is of course assuming MB3 starts all 16 games. If he's injured then he won't get those numbers which gives him a pass, but if he doesn't get enough snaps because he can't handle the full load then he wasn't worth the contract.

He needs to be near 10 TDs and around 1,000 yards.

For $16M guarentueed and $45M over the life of the contract?

I think the TDs may be fine, but the yardage is now way ok. Now a lot of it is dependent on the amount of carries he gets, but if Ladell put up 1100 yards in 9 games, then he should be putting up at least 1200 yards. Sorry, not comparing to the Skins, but lots of RBs put up 1000 yards these days.

Personally, I am not all into the stats thing, but more of the impact. Ladell had amazing stats, but very little impact. Barber seems to make an impact everytime he steps on the field. So my answer is, as long as he plays the way he has and continues to be a red-zone beast, he will live to the expectations. Especially with the contracts growing every year.

For $16M guarentueed and $45M over the life of the contract?

I think the TDs may be fine, but the yardage is now way ok. Now a lot of it is dependent on the amount of carries he gets, but if Ladell put up 1100 yards in 9 games, then he should be putting up at least 1200 yards. Sorry, not comparing to the Skins, but lots of RBs put up 1000 yards these days.

Personally, I am not all into the stats thing, but more of the impact. Ladell had amazing stats, but very little impact. Barber seems to make an impact everytime he steps on the field. So my answer is, as long as he plays the way he has and continues to be a red-zone beast, he will live to the expectations. Especially with the contracts growing every year.

That's basically what I was getting at with those numbers.

Considering they just used a first round pick on Felix Jones, it seems to me the intend Barber to produce at about the same clip he did last year. If those are indeed their expectations, and they saw fit to give him this contract anyway, then his numbers last year are worthy of the inflated contract he just received.

All contracts are overvalued at this point. It's time we shift our expectations to reflect that reality.

Archived