Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn makes me wants to root for him

MWCREDSKINS

Yeah, Zorn's hiring kinda came out of the blue, but I'm going to support him as he is now part of the Redskins organization.

I expect a few bumps in the road as he settles into his new position, but he seems like a great guy and I hope Redskins fans give him a fair chance to prove his competance.

I look at him sort of like Obama in that there is something exciting about not knowing what he is. Yea, sure he's certainly not a safe choice and he could be completely out of his league witth this much of a jump at one time.

Wow, you really brought Obama into this discussion? I would say there is something really scary about not knowing/trusting anything about a man who wants to lead our country verses someone who is going to lead our football team. I'm excited about Zorn, I'm scared if Obama becomes president. (but that is for another thread in the tailgate)

Zorn is going to get my support and should get every Redskin fans support. It will take him time to get adjusted, but he has a good core of coaches around him that will help him succeed. And I think after a little experience he will do a great job.

Wow, you really brought Obama into this discussion? I would say there is something really scary about not knowing/trusting anything about a man who wants to lead our country verses someone who is going to lead our football team. I'm excited about Zorn, I'm scared if Obama becomes president. (but that is for another thread in the tailgate)

yea, I knew I was pushing it a tad by even mentioning that but figured I wasn't really discussing politics as much as making an analogy to Zorn's "unknown-ness". Obama may have been a bad choice and if this was he tailgate I'd be agreeing with you politically. I was just pointing out that Zorn has an upside that is unknowable at this point despite his equivalently broad down side. Imagine a hire like Mike Martz for example. you'd really know exactly what you were getting. A neurotic ego maniac but a guy who would also be able to field a team. You would know the upper and lower limits of him as a coach and your expectations would be guided accordingly. With Zorn do any of us really have any clue what we are about to see? For all we know this guy will break down and cry after his fourth delay of game penalty in the first quarter on opening day since he has never been a coordinator much less a head coach who also is taking play calling duties. BUT, he is just as likely to have an arial assault on defenses like we have never seen around here. Its exciting. Sorry about the political reference.

Class guy , talked to me and my brother at the The Blitz on Saturday for a minute, was really open to all the questions the fans asked and they hit him with a few good ones. Still the NFC east is going to really test his coaching maturity.Phillips, Coughlin and Reid will be licking there chops. Especially Phillips, that whooping we put on them at the end of last season is going to be remembered. I still cant beleive the total yards rushing Dallas ended up with.

In the same article, it says that Kelly doesn't look so hot. :(

Most WRs are projects when they come to the NFL. But I would look at what is being said about Devin Thomas more than the Malcolm Kelly tidbit. It is rare to see a WR come into the league and make a big impact with a team right away. If Devin Thomas comes out as a starter his first year and plays solid, it will be an amazing thing. Just because Kelly is being looked at as more of project, doesn't mean he'll be a bust. It could just be a couple of seasons before he comes into his own.

To answer the original post, I'm excited to see what Zorn could do. I was scratching my head when he was first announced as the HC, but I didn't like the other candidates as well. At least with Zorn, we have no idea what to expect. Some of the other candidates most fans just didn't want as the HC. He's comming out from under Holmgren, whose produced a few good HCs. The players wanted Williams as the HC, and I thought it was going to cause trouble in the locker room when Zorn was hired. They seem to like him so that's a good thing. He does have a good energy and somewhat goofy feel about him, but i like that too. So I'm just really excited overall. I think we had a good draft, and I feel the season couldn't come sooner!!!Hail!

Most WRs are projects when they come to the NFL. But I would look at what is being said about Devin Thomas more than the Malcolm Kelly tidbit. It is rare to see a WR come into the league and make a big impact with a team right away. If Devin Thomas comes out as a starter his first year and plays solid, it will be an amazing thing. Just because Kelly is being looked at as more of project, doesn't mean he'll be a bust. It could just be a couple of seasons before he comes into his own.

To answer the original post, I'm excited to see what Zorn could do. I was scratching my head when he was first announced as the HC, but I didn't like the other candidates as well. At least with Zorn, we have no idea what to expect. Some of the other candidates most fans just didn't want as the HC. He's comming out from under Holmgren, whose produced a few good HCs. The players wanted Williams as the HC, and I thought it was going to cause trouble in the locker room when Zorn was hired. They seem to like him so that's a good thing. He does have a good energy and somewhat goofy feel about him, but i like that too. So I'm just really excited overall. I think we had a good draft, and I feel the season couldn't come sooner!!!Hail!

You are absolutely right about few receivers coming in and having an immediate impact. The last one that I can really think of who came in and made us take notice, came in 10 years ago in Randy Moss.

I'm really excited, too. It'll be nice to see what something new can bring, as opposed to Schottenheimer with Marty Ball and Spurrier with WTF-is-a-pass-rush Ball.

You are absolutely right about few receivers coming in and having an immediate impact. The last one that I can really think of who came in and made us take notice, came in 10 years ago in Randy Moss.

I'm really excited, too. It'll be nice to see what something new can bring, as opposed to Schottenheimer with Marty Ball and Spurrier with WTF-is-a-pass-rush Ball.

Michael Clayton for the Buccaneers. 1193 yards 7 td in 2004. He turned to poop after his rookie year though.

I love Zorn's enthusiasm. I'm really excited for pre-season. That sounds funny, but i can't wait to see the scheme he rolls out along with getting to see HB and this year's rooks.

I know I saw minicamp accounts that said it was Kelly who dazzled coaches. So it really depends on the source.

That makes me feel better. I don't follow the college ranks as well as I should, but I do know that he's supposed to be our answer at possession receiver, and I'm really pulling for him.

That makes me feel better. I don't follow the college ranks as well as I should, but I do know that he's supposed to be our answer at possession receiver, and I'm really pulling for him.

I'm really pulling for him as well...

And it really does depend on who's writing the reports and what they choose to focus on. One may focus on some drops Kelly had and how Zorn yelled out to him to keep giving effort even if the pass is overthrown. Another may focus on some amazing catch he had that caused players to whoop it up and how he seemed more comfortable than Thomas at first. Right now, though, after just three mini camps and like 5 months of no football, I wouldn't have expected too much from either, other than showing up on time (heh), an intense willingness to learn, and giving their all.

I heard earlier this offseason Zorn was impressed with Mix as well... what does that mean? Not a damn thing until the season starts.

He was impressed with his size, not with his receiving skills (not that he was UNimpressed with his receiving skills, though). He was just eager to see if Mix had the talent to go along with the great physical aspects.

He was impressed with his size, not with his receiving skills (not that he was UNimpressed with his receiving skills, though). He was just eager to see if Mix had the talent to go along with the great physical aspects.

Good call, it was a fleeting memory, im glad you could verify that. I still think Mix will be our endzone threat. Mix and Thomas in the endzone will be great, and even if both are blanketed in coverage it will leave an open Cooley, Sellers, Portis/Betts for a dump off pass. I also like the fact that Mix and Thomas are of the size where they should/can own their own space and be able to snatch balls out of the sky instead of letting the balls fall in their arms like Lloyd did...... or tried to do...er ... or didnt do.

Good call, it was a fleeting memory, im glad you could verify that. I still think Mix will be our endzone threat. Mix and Thomas in the endzone will be great, and even if both are blanketed in coverage it will leave an open Cooley, Sellers, Portis/Betts for a dump off pass. I also like the fact that Mix and Thomas are of the size where they should/can own their own space and be able to snatch balls out of the sky instead of letting the balls fall in their arms like Lloyd did...... or tried to do...er ... or didnt do.

Do you think Mix might be our next McCants? lol...only catches 20 balls but 6 of them are for TDs.

Archived