Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama's Oregon rally:75,000+ in attendance

Dapo

I have no opionon on Obama other than figuring out why the guy least likely to get voted in is being selected and pushed.

So you have no opinion of Obama other than you don't like him and he's winning the nomination.

You said and I quote

"3 percent of 1.5 million at the max amounts to 103.5 million dollars and I believe he has raised 132 million in total.

How is it in kentucky where he is behind he has raised more money than Clinton"

He has raised 235 million not including April, which in all likelihood puts him well over 250 million. You claimed he had raised 132 million in total. Nice backpedal. So let me get this straight though, no regular citizen can donate the maximum 2300, and we should assume anyone who maxes out is part of a PAC?

Do you want to know why he has raised more money then Clinton in Kentucky, its because his supporters donate, no one wants to pump money into a lost campaign.

No as actors probably are not part of PACs, but you don't think it is odd that so many who list themselveves as homemakers and retirees have given the max?

No as actors probably are not part of PACs, but you don't think it is odd that so many who list themselveves as homemakers and retirees have given the max?

How many who have listed themselves like that are maxed out? Do you have the list or reviewed it?

So you have no opinion of Obama other than you don't like him and he's winning the nomination.

I dont like or dislike the man at all it is just interesting to see his rise and wonder what is really behind it, I have been hearing Obama in 08 since 04

Hardly anyone here is defending Obama, really. Some were, a few pages back.

Now we are all just laughing at you, because you talk in circles and just spray out nonsense in every direction. Your arguments hop around like 50 crickets on crack.

Just playing devil's advocate, the reaction I get here is no different then one I got when back in 04 I posted things on Bush at another website

I dont like or dislike the man at all it is just interesting to see his rise and wonder what is really behind it, I have been hearing Obama in 08 since 04

When I say 'like', I mean as a candidate.

You don't think he is a strong candidate.

Therefore, if people like him ... er ... if people DO think he's a strong candidate ... something shady must be going on, or people are stupid, or we're all a bunch of reverse-racists, or something, because your opinion can't possibly be disagreed with rationally.

And that's amusing to you.

Does that sound about right?

Just playing devil's advocate, the reaction I get here is no different then one I got when back in 04 I posted things on Bush at another website

That is actually not playing “devil’s advocate.” That is just a continuation of your previous points.

I think my favorite part of this entire thread seems to be DRSmith’s point that Obama is not what he seems all while he himself claims that he has no interest in the matter and has no opinion of Obama. He is simply a casual by-standard who is offering is non-biased, non-tainted, completely fair and balanced argument (because, he is not one of us stupid, easily brainwashed Americans). You are just as big of a fraud that you claim Obama is.

"All those confused by DRSmith's posts please meet in the field by the lake."

4108ab648869bfd353_xm6bhg3t.jpeg

Just offhand, I'd bet it's a river. :)

(Cringing while awaiting the people announcing "Yeah, but it's a drugged, liberal, oversexed, welfare river".)

When I say 'like', I mean as a candidate.

You don't think he is a strong candidate.

Therefore, if people like him ... er ... if people DO think he's a strong candidate ... something shady must be going on, or people are stupid, or something, because your opinion can't possibly be disagreed with rationally. And that's amusing to you. Does that sound about right?

And please tell me which candidate you hadn't been hearing about since '04 ...

From the Dems most were people who had run before from the Pubs Fred was interesting as he had not come up much back then.

I think people are giving money to an idea they are excited about, and as we have seen with other things ideas look good but are bad when put into practice.

its funny cuz scientific evidence points to conservatives as being more stubborn and of the sheep mentality.

seems like most of the comments are sideways "i'm jealous" remarks

Stubborn... Who has the jackass as their symbol?

BTW, when is the last time you saw a "sheep" being stubborn?

Look, it's Oregon... 7 Electoral Votes all already heavily democratic...

Per Rasmussen Reports:

These are likely to be the early battleground states of Election 2008: Florida (27), Pennsylvania (21), Ohio (20), Michigan (17), Virginia (13), Missouri (11), Wisconsin (10), Colorado (9), Iowa (7), Nevada (5), New Mexico (5), and New Hampshire (4).

The Democrats have largely shot themselves in Florida and Michigan. Obama may be nearly unelectable in Pennsylvania... Virginia will be close, but it is the home of the NRA.

Let's not blow this out of proportion...

Another special thread. :D

He did speak at length on policies, though how his stances are graded in details is obviously the material for good debate. So is McCain's, who has not been overwhelming with policy specifics. IMO, Hillary has probably offered the most detailed and credible components of her positions, but I don't care because it's Hillary. But my political analysis of candidate's policies is uninspired because I haven't seen a strong correlation in that area to what any of the guys actually did once elected. :silly:

Oldskool, mi amigo, I lived in Oregon for 15 years. It's got plenty of conservative folks. From Roseburg south, it was mainly conservative. I lived in Medford and Jacksonville, and the general view in the Rogue valley was that the region (minus Ashland) was somewhat of a "redneck" area. I knew a fair share of militia-men and survivalist groups in the area. I always make interesting friends. :D

Same with Grants Pass and Roseburg. Salem is more liberal, Eugene is much more liberal, and Portland is the only big poplulation base. It is more liberal than not. But it is hardly a one-sided population. It's usually a battle with socially liberal policies eeking out wins more often than not over the last 20 years. And it does have a lot of weed and its share of old hippies just like it has a lot of survivalists and milita men. Just fwiw.

Now had they held that rally down in Medford, it would have been unlikely to be near that big. But that is still one of the largest turnouts I ever heard of in the state and it is impressive to see that much public activism numbers wise on any side of politics in that state.

And DR Smith, I note how 90% of your posts now as in the past project that special iggy quality that usually entertains. Carry on. :laugh:

Archived