Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama's Oregon rally:75,000+ in attendance

Dapo

This thread was a simple comment by the OP that 75,000 showing up for a political speech is impressive.

More people are more energized by this guy than any politician in quite a while. That's notable. People give Reagan, JFK and others a lot of credit for their ability to inspire.

Not every thread has to be about policy. :2cents:

Wait, did you just give an example of what others said to inspire in the same sentence that you use to inform me that we don't need to talk about what was said?

So he's pretty?

How many were kids and how many were dragged along?

I'm guessing the 'kids dragged along' factor was the same as it would be at any other poltical rally. You know something we don't?

It is the hip thing now will it be the same in November, peaking now is like peaking in preseason.

Actually, Obama peaked about two months ago.

I am not feigning amusement it is funny to see the sheeple are no longer Bush followers but now Obama followers.

Yeah, you are feigning amusement. It's not really working.

This would definitely help BHO... I've seen HRC closing the gap in the polls recently in Oregon though. Curious how this ends. BHO was 12% points up at the beginning of this month, but two polls just released showed him only 4-5% points up.

I noticed that too. Odd that this rally was so big and yet the polls say something completely different. It will be interesting to see how things actually shape up tomorrow.

I'm guessing the 'kids dragged along' factor was the same as it would be at any other poltical rally. You know something we don't?

Actually, Obama peaked about two months ago.

Yeah, you are feigning amusement. It's not really working.

Why would I care since I live in Canada, the herd mentalitiy is funny to watch, what has Obama actually done to inspire that kind of loyalty what was his record before becoming a senator and what did he actually do as a senator?

Elections are not really about the issues they are about which side can find the best product and market it, the spin doctors are getting more focus now then the people who are running

Wait, did you just give an example of what others said to inspire in the same sentence that you use to inform me that we don't need to talk about what was said?

So he's pretty?

Noooooooo. A speaker can inspire his audience by his use of language and emotion, not because they consider his words carefully and think "wow those policy arguments are really sound and excite me".

Reagan was labelled the 'great communicator', not the 'great policy wonk'

Why would I care since I live in Canada,

Yet 99% of your posts about about Obama.

The real question is, why is a person in Canada obsessed with Obama.

You talk about it all the time, you argue about it all the time. Then you say "Oh, I don't care." You spend a lot of time not caring. :laugh:

Why would I care since I live in Canada, the herd mentalitiy is funny to watch, what has Obama actually done to inspire that kind of loyalty what was his record before becoming a senator and what did he actually do as a senator?

I don't know why you would care, but you obviously do.

Elections are not really about the issues they are about which side can find the best product and market it, the spin doctors are getting more focus now then the people who are running

There is no perfect form of government. The democratic process has it's warts, but if you know of something better let's hear it. If you think that in 1850 or 1900 or 1950 elections were any less sensationalist, full of catch-phrases and mud-slinging then I think you are being a bit naive.

I observe and make comments, the same thing Dems followers who are going for Obama are doing is what they said Bush followers did. Just drinking the kool aid and following alog, I noticed you did not answer what he has done

You couldn't get 75,000 Canadians together for a policital rally if you gave out free hockey tickets and Anne Murray :censored:s to every male over 18 in attendance.

( :nono: )

You couldn't get 75,000 Canadians together for a policital rally if you gave out free hockey tickets and Anne Murray :censored: to every male over 18 in attendance.

Never said I could but I am sure Leaf tickets would get at least that many out there, but then again polotics are not quite the sport here that they are in the US. No where near the tv coverage or the special interest money being spent here.

Never said I could but I am sure Leaf tickets would get at least that many out there, but then again polotics are not quite the sport here that they are in the US. No where near the tv coverage or the special interest money being spent here.

what % of Obama's $$$ has been donated by special interest?

I noticed that too. Odd that this rally was so big and yet the polls say something completely different. It will be interesting to see how things actually shape up tomorrow.

Obama will win by 10 to 11 points, the big polls havent swayed much, the thing to check today will be is SurveyUSA's poll being relased today has changed from the +11 Obama, they have been the most accurate statistically for this race. Oregon is also tricky to predict because of the mail in voting system, but I woud be very surprised if the margin is less than 10.

what % of Obama's $$$ has been donated by special interest?

We will never know since that money can be filtered through indivuals, Wlmart did this quite well when giving money to Bush during his first campaign, in stead of have the money come from Pacs the money went through employees and their famalies as indivual contributions.

Go through Obama's list and see how many retirees and homemakers have given the max and how many times the same last names show up.

Noooooooo. A speaker can inspire his audience by his use of language and emotion, not because they consider his words carefully and think "wow those policy arguments are really sound and excite me".

Reagan was labelled the 'great communicator', not the 'great policy wonk'

So you don't think he's pretty?

I observe and make comments, the same thing Dems followers who are going for Obama are doing is what they said Bush followers did. Just drinking the kool aid and following alog, I noticed you did not answer what he has done

If Obama hasn't done anything how can you compare him to Bush, who has a rather substantive record upon which we an judge his ability?

Obama is a big question mark. Some people are willing to take a chance on the guy. I'm not one of those people, but I don't see the militant need to criticize people who are. There have been Presidents with equally light political experience in the past. I don't understand why people act like this is some crazy phenomenon.

If Obama hasn't done anything how can you compare him to Bush, who has a rather substantive record upon which we an judge his ability?

Obama is a big question mark. Some people are willing to take a chance on the guy. I'm not one of those people, but I don't see the militant need to criticize people who are. There have been Presidents with equally light political experience in the past. I don't understand why people act like this is some crazy phenomenon.

I would agree: Senator does not mean Leader: your one of 100 if your not the lead... Same with Congressman. A Mayor, or Governor HAVE to make decisions.. These guys can vote: present.

Which was a knock on Obama also. He has never HAD to lead. Not saying he can't, saying he hasn't. He's another 2nd stringer everyone loves when the starter sucks.

Because both men are the product of brillant political marketing

I would agree: Senator does not mean Leader: your one of 100 if your not the lead... Same with Congressman. A Mayor, or Governor HAVE to make decisions.. These guys can vote: present.

Which was a knock on Obama also. He has never HAD to lead. Not saying he can't, saying he hasn't. He's another 2nd stringer everyone loves when the starter sucks.

Well, the guy is charismatic as hell and that's an important leadership quality. If 'not being Bush' was all that mattered, Hillary would be running away with the nomination.

I don't disagree with most of your post but I think there's more to his appeal than just the 2nd stringer phenomenon.

Bush's approval rate is somewhere around 30%. That's not the product of brilliant political marketing. People who, after the past seven years, STILL think Bush is doing a good job are not in the same boat as people who are supporting a candidate with a light voting record. It's not close to the same thing.

Well, the guy is charismatic as hell and that's an important leadership quality. If 'not being Bush' was all that mattered, Hillary would be running away with the nomination.

I don't disagree with most of your post but I think there's more to his appeal than just the 2nd stringer phenomenon.

Charisma is not a good leadership quality it is a good sales quality.

A solid quiet person with good ideas that work is better than that a likable chariamatic person with bad ideas.

Not a comment on either horse in this race.

Bush's approval rate is somewhere around 30%. That's not the product of brilliant political marketing.

Bush has no need to be marketed now he is not in a race for a job, Clinton was considered bad news near the end too.

As Obama once sort of said...

If you were going to construct a candidate... You would not choose Barack Hussein Obama. The name itself is the worst possible name imaginable. You got Hussein that everyone hates. You could Obama which sounds to much like Osama. So, you got the psuedo Muslem thing going, you got the black thing (which at best is a neutral and in some areas is a big negative)

No, of all the things you can accuse him of he is not a marketing creation. He rose on the power of his own charisma, speeches and ideas.

Which goes into any U.S. national campaign these days. Show me any campaign of even modest success that doesn't. It's just a fact of life in an age of media saturation and short attention spans.

What's the Canadian process like for surfacing candidates? I must confess ignorance on that. Much more low key, I would imagine. Can you describe it for us in a nutshell?

As Obama once sort of said...

If you were going to construct a candidate... You would not choose Barack Hussein Obama. The name itself is the worst possible name imaginable. You got Hussein that everyone hates. You could Obama which sounds to much like Osama. So, you got the psuedo Muslem thing going, you got the black thing (which at best is a neutral and in some areas is a big negative)

No, of all the things you can accuse him of he is not a marketing creation. He rose on the power of his own charisma, speeches and ideas.

Unless I was going to use people's own fear of bigotary against them, if you don't for me it is because you are a bigot against my name. If you are not voting for me it is because you are bigotted against my skin colour

Archived