Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NEW!May 29th...Screen Shots for Tecmo Bowl:Kickoff on DS(Link provided at the bottom)

michael_33

Ladies and Gentleman..."The greatest football game of all-time is back!"

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/05/06/tecmo-announces-tecmo-bowl-kickoff/

:applause: :cheers: :notworthy :point2sky :)

Here is the write up on it and a couple of responses as well...

Get ready for game time sports fans, Tecmo Bowl is back! After more than a decade (not counting a mobile remake of the original in 2004 and the Virtual Console release in 2007), Tecmo has announced the newest edition to their popular American football series with Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff, coming exclusively to the Nintendo DS this fall.

Those familiar with the series will see the return of non-NFL licensed goodness with over-the-top, fast-paced arcade-style action. Players will be able to choose from 32 different teams and customize their colors, emblems, player names, cities and abilities. This time around players will also have super abilities, enabling them to pull off power plays to really take over a game. Kickoff will also sport cut scenes showing off the dramatic presentation of various plays.

“We are extremely excited to bring back everyone’s favorite football game to the Nintendo DS,” said Ryan Gilbo, executive producer, Tecmo. “KICKOFF is packed with everything that fans wanted to see in this revival.”

Players will use stylus control and go Wi-Fi for multiplayer action. Add to that a customizable playbook and a rock ‘n’ roll remix soundtrack with some of the most memorable tunes in football gaming history, and Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff sounds like it’s shaping up to offer some great portable action for those who don’t want to just compare fantasy football stats.

A final bonus with Tecmo Bowl is that, unlike some other licensed games, no professional players will be harmed by the release of this game or its box art....OMG...how funny!! :silly:

1. Matthew Razak says:

**** yes! I hate Madden and curse the day 2K sports fell. Tecmo Super Bowl is still the greatest football game ever. The cutscenes of dramatic plays are the thing that is sorely missing from all these ultra realistic football games. I loved when you’d throw a pass and it would cut to the QB throwing and then show the receiver diving in the air. Brilliant! All I want to know is if the awesome half times will be coming back.

May 6th, 2008 at 2:25 pm Reply

2. Luke Walker says:

I loved Tecmo Bowl for the NES. So many people give me crap now that I don’t play all the “incredible” HD sports games, but they just aren’t that fun. This is one of the very rare sports game I look forward to. I don’t remember though, what happened with the half times?

May 6th, 2008 at 5:08 pm

I have no idea what the hell the Nintendo DS is, as I stopped playing nintendo when TecmoBowl stop it's release from that genre...

I have a ps2 and hardly play it, unless I need a football fix and will play madden...

One thing for sure...Whatever the hell the Nintendo DS is...?I will own it! :cheers:

(its not another name for the Wii,is it?)I guess I'll research it then...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gamepro.com/screen_viewer.cfm?globalId=142007&p=1&s=1&id=187428

Seems they are staying with what made them the BEST!(God I'm so excited)!! :notworthy

Remember...You will be able to edit the teams,players,colors and everything,to make it like the NFL...Sure!It might take some time,but I thrive on this stuff!

Rumor has it, it will be coming out ONLY for the Wii(and the DS of course) after it's been out a while...

I never had ANY intensions of buying a Wii,ps3,xbox 360 or any system as they just slap a game and box together and sell it for 60 bucs...Imagination has completely disappeared as far as gaming IMO during this generation!

Why do I say that?Because I would buy a game and either get bored with or beat it and have no reason to play it anymore...(no replay value so-to-speak)

There's only 2 games I ever played in my life(and there's a lot of games)that had EXCELLENT replay value as you never EVER get bored....!Tecmo Bowl is one of them.... :applause: (star control is the other)

Time to save my pennies...I will buy this game(and the required platform) the day of release like I have for this game the last 20 years...

Madden just lost it's 1st customer...Bye bye Madden! :cheers: (I just won't have time for ya anymore)lol ;)

Sorry, but no thanks. The reason the first Tecmo Bowls were the best games of their generation was that for the first time ever, you could play with real NFL players, not the 8-bit 10-Yard-Fight-esque guys you were used to.

This game isn't licensed by the NFL, so have fun playing with Slappy McReary or whoever they make up for their imaginary teams.

Additionally, Tecmo Bowl was fun because it was light years ahead of every other football game available on a home system. You could live with an interception on every thrown pass where the guy was covered, because, well, there wasn't any reasonable alternative.

Now you've got Madden games that are so lifelike and realistic that you feel like you're hovering over a football field. "Special abilities" Street-Fighter-style aren't going to even dent that market.

EDIT- I should note that I was the biggest Tecmo Bowl fan ever, and still consider the birthday that I got Tecmo Bowl as one of the best days of my life. That said, it was great for its time.

Sorry, but no thanks. The reason the first Tecmo Bowls were the best games of their generation was that for the first time ever, you could play with real NFL players, not the 8-bit 10-Yard-Fight-esque guys you were used to.

This game isn't licensed by the NFL, so have fun playing with Slappy McReary or whoever they make up for their imaginary teams.

Additionally, Tecmo Bowl was fun because it was light years ahead of every other football game available on a home system. You could live with an interception on every thrown pass where the guy was covered, because, well, there wasn't any reasonable alternative.

Now you've got Madden games that are so lifelike and realistic that you feel like you're hovering over a football field. "Special abilities" Street-Fighter-style aren't going to even dent that market.

EDIT- I should note that I was the biggest Tecmo Bowl fan ever, and still consider the birthday that I got Tecmo Bowl as one of the best days of my life. That said, it was great for its time.

I used to be a big Madden fan until they stopped caring and just released the same game with few alterations since 2001. Hopefully Tecmo releases a good game and draws the NFLs attention so that when Madden's exclusive license is up, it won't be renewed. Madden sucks.

Madden sucks.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the reason Madden sucks is because you don't always win like you would in Tecmo. Tecmo was a GGGreat game for its time as previously stated vs 10 yard fight or even John Elway's football. However, it has been surpassed by 10 years of football games (primarily Madden) and it will not catch up without the NFL license as previously stated. Madden is realistic, where as Tecmo is Arcadic. It will attract gamers who are more interested in playing NFL Blitz rather than Madden (small crowd) that is about all it will do. Of course if they got the license at some point and put a good bit of effort in the game to release on the PS3 or 360 Market then I would retract my statement but I don't see it happening.

i think what made techmo great was how it played and the fact it was on an old system, trying to make it into something in todays video game world will be interesting. I hope they do not lose the fun of it with trying to get it into the standards of today.

they should put it on the real systems, ps3 and 360

i'll try not to start a geek flame war, but does "real system" mean "system for the graphic whores who don't mind playing the same mind numbing shooters over and over again instead of playing games that are creative and fun just because of pixel count"???

i'll try not to start a geek flame war, but does "real system" mean "system for the graphic whores who don't mind playing the same mind numbing shooters over and over again instead of playing games that are creative and fun just because of pixel count"???

Uh oh....

For the record, Tecmo Bowl would SUCK on the 360 or the PS3.

Either A)- Tecmo would release one that's kind of like the old school one we all grew up with, and the graphic beaters would complain or....

B)- Tecmo would try to spice up the game with next gen graphics, and the Tecmo Bowl Fanboys would complain.

Make the effort, hook up your NES, and play Tecmo Bowl.

The game that's getting the most play in my house right now? NHL 94 for the Sega Genesis. Cause there hasn't been a hockey game better since....

Isn't likely that there will be some code or way to import all the real NFL team names and players at some point?

The article makes a point to mention that editing team cities, names and players is a feature. And it's not exactly a feature I would otherwise tout in a press release, unless it meant something bigger than it does at face value. :whoknows:

The article makes a point to mention that editing team cities, names and players is a feature. And it's not exactly a feature I would otherwise tout in a press release, unless it meant something bigger than it does at face value. :whoknows:

People nowadays are too lazy to edit teams anyway......

I am still feeling the pain not having a 2K NFL endorsed football game. I hate EA and the amount of money that they can throw around at will due to their enormous success. ESPN 2K4 and 2K5 were the best football games of this decade. I still believe that 2K5 holds up when it comes to gameplay. And even it today's current gaming era, the graphics are still decent and hold up.

2K forever!

(It sucks that Tecmo Bowl won't be on a console system. I remember writing up TB tournaments all of the time and playing every game. When TSB came out in 1991 for the NES, I think that we were all in football heaven.)

I am still feeling the pain not having a 2K NFL endorsed football game. I hate EA and the amount of money that they can throw around at will due to their enormous success. ESPN 2K4 and 2K5 were the best football games of this decade. I still believe that 2K5 holds up when it comes to gameplay. And even it today's current gaming era, the graphics are still decent and hold up.

2K forever!

Ya know, I just started playing All Pro 2K8 again over the weekend. This game was no graphical masterpiece but it was solid just about everywhere else. I picked it up because I wanted to see the sideline interaction. There has been much to do about how interactive the sidelines are supposed to be on this year's Madden. I remembered the sideline activity on AP 2K8 being very lifelike, so I figured I would load up the game to take a look. I kept playing because the way the all of the players interacted with oneanother really got my attention. You'll even see the QB making the hand jesture begging for the refs to throw a flag is the reciever is bumped on a play. The fact that the next gen Madden games aren't on this level yet is very disturbing. This game proved to me that a solid football title would do well without the NFL's endorsement.

Sorry for the slight thread derail.

PS...Yeah i would've rather seen this game on a console.

Make the effort, hook up your NES, and play Tecmo Bowl.

i'll just download it to my wii for 5 bucks. :)

The game that's getting the most play in my house right now? NHL 94 for the Sega Genesis. Cause there hasn't been a hockey game better since....

have you played nhl 07 or 08? i love the new control system.

the games on the 360 and the ps3 are so much better than anything on the wii.... halo 3, call of duty 4, gta4 are much better than smash bros. and mario kart wii..... and the online for all those games are better than whats on the wii.... and id rather have a game with great graphics than a game in which the object is to move the controller up and down like im jerking off (mario party 256456464 or whatever number its on now)

the best games are those with great graphics, a good single player campaing.. and awesome ,multiplayer features.... does the wii even have anything in all 3 categories?

the games on the 360 and the ps3 are so much better than anything on the wii.... halo 3, call of duty 4, gta4 are much better than smash bros. and mario kart wii..... and the online for all those games are better than whats on the wii.... and id rather have a game with great graphics than a game in which the object is to move the controller up and down like im jerking off (mario party 256456464 or whatever number its on now)

the best games are those with great graphics, a good single player campaing.. and awesome ,multiplayer features.... does the wii even have anything in all 3 categories?

YAH! i killed 3,000 germans in burgundy. what's next?

i'll kill 2,000 in moscow.

i'm bored. let's slaughter some aliens.

rinse, repeat.

video games were almost dead to me with all the recycling of the same **** over and over. the wii changed that. 9/10 people that don't like the wii have never played it for more than 5 minutes.

for the record, i own a 360 and a wii. the 360 right now is a dvd player. i'm keeping it because i am a graphic whore when it comes to sports games, and games like the new star wars, the force unleashed, i'll take the graphics if it's a choice between the 2 systems.

YAH! i killed 3,000 germans in burgundy. what's next?

i'll kill 2,000 in moscow.

i'm bored. let's slaughter some aliens.

rinse, repeat.

video games were almost dead to me with all the recycling of the same **** over and over. the wii changed that. 9/10 people that don't like the wii have never played it for more than 5 minutes.

for the record, i own a 360 and a wii. the 360 right now is a dvd player. i'm keeping it because i am a graphic whore when it comes to sports games, and games like the new star wars, the force unleashed, i'll take the graphics if it's a choice between the 2 systems.

and i own a 360 and a wii as well, and you know what, the wii is just a $250 paper weight while i play games that dont involve flailing around like an idiot....i actually play games that have a very large amount of other people playing online whereas with the wii your short in that category..

Archived