Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there be an attempt on Obama's life?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Actually, I've heard some suggest that if he is attempted it is likely by Islamic fanatics because he converted to Christianity.

Islamic fanatics like Hamas??...obviously he disagrees ;)

Barack Obama says he understood why a top Hamas adviser voiced support for his presidential bid.

“It’s conceivable that there are those in the Arab world who say to themselves, ‘This is a guy who spent some time in the Muslim world, has a middle name of Hussein and appears more worldly and has called for talks with people, and so he’s not going to be engaging in the same sort of cowboy diplomacy as George Bush,’” Obama said in an interview with The Atlantic.

“That’s a perfectly legitimate perception as long as they’re not confused about my unyielding support for Israel’s security,” Obama said.

Last month, Ahmed Yousef, a political adviser to the militant Palestinian group, told an interviewer on WABC radio that “We like Mr. Obama” and “we hope that he will win the election.”

Bush however,is another matter

Bush To Be Targeted During Visit To Saudi Arabia

On May 10, 2008, a member of the Islamist forum Al-Ikhlas (hosted by Piradius Net, Malaysia) posted a message claiming that an "official in the Jihadi Intelligence Organization" has learned of a plan to assassinate President Bush. According to the posting, members of a pro-Al-Qaeda cell from a Gulf country have undergone sniper training in a Western country, and "will lie in wait during [bush's] upcoming visit [to Saudi Arabia]."

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD192508

I'm surprised with as much hate as there is directed at him, there hasn't been an attempt on Bush's life yet.

To answer the question, I answered probably.

Sad.

I could tell you a of a number against Bush,but cannot source it ;)

It is sad that nuts will go after Obama as well if he is elected.

Actually, I've heard some suggest that if he is attempted it is likely by Islamic fanatics because he converted to Christianity.

link?

If he is it will no doubt be because he is black IMO.

Oh this reminds me of something I saw on letterman:

Paul Mooney: I don't want Obama to be President he will be killed.

Letterman: And why do you think that.

Paul Mooney: He is too skinny.

Letterman: Too skinny?

Mooney: Oh yea look at our history, Lincon, JFK, all skinny. Obama will be shot because he is too skinny.

:laugh:

We have made lots of progress in the 40 or so years but there are still people out there who are extremely racist for no reason (or maybe some people justify their reason).

Anyway, with Obama looking like he very well might be the next POTUS. Do you think there will be an attempt on his life due to racial hatred?

Your statements basically contradict each other, though.

If you think there is enough racism in the US to cause an almost certain assassination attempt, then how could he, in your words, "very well might be the next POTUS" ? If there's enough racism to convince one of such an attempt on his life, then how could he get enough votes to become President, with that much racism ?

Your statements basically contradict each other, though.

If you think there is enough racism in the US to cause an almost certain assassination attempt, then how could he, in your words, "very well might be the next POTUS" ? If there's enough racism to convince one of such an attempt on his life, then how could he get enough votes to become President, with that much racism ?

No they don't.

There are enough people who think he will be a great leader. There is also a minority who don't like him because he is black and they would hate to see a black President. Hence the Klan.

Of course there will be an attempt. Probably one in the fall and probably one after a year of his presidency. He could end up being the next JFK and end up like him, getting killed while being president.

The Secret Service has improved exponentially since the JFK murder.

And Presidents no longer put themselves out in the open like that, in a convertible in an open public parade.

Heck, if the much hated Bush, who is despised worldwide, with hundreds of thousands of Extremist Muslims who would love to take his life, yet Bush feels comfortable landing to visit some of very questionable Arab countries, then I think our Secret Service is virtually inpenetrable domestically.

The KKK may take a try at him, I would not put it by them.

I think you give the Klan more respect than they deserve.

Have they ever went against a hard target in their history???? :laugh:

Closest I can recall was a bombing,mostly they have preyed on the weak or unarmed with numbers on their side.

Archived