Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Immortal Technique - Police State Chronicles: Excerpts from the Street

Thinking Skins

Great post TS, and it touches on the point I was trying to get across in the other thread. it is nice to know that some people "get it", even if it is only a minority here on this site. We can try to get people to think outside their realm of reality, but the truth is, many ae so stubborn in their ways no amount of reason, or facts will ever change their mind on anything. It is an inability to admit you are wrong, and it can be seen at the top levels of our government now in both parties.

Hopefully his death will open people's eyes about race, and how it is a problem in society, but for some reason I think many people will still not get it.

BTW, nice attempt at a hijack MSF, to be honest everyone here knows your views are so far outside the bounds of reality it is painful to listen to. . .but hey, I'm on ignore, so you will not see this.

Living a little bit outside the lines of the law creates character. It also is a characteristic of most of the great people in history.

It also creates and is a characteristic of CRIMINALS. When you live outside the lines that society draws you need to be willing to accept the penalties that can come with that decision. Including the potential for severe cases of high velocity lead and copper poisoning.

Those that blindly follow the letter of the law are the same people that can't think for themselves, that think the laws and the government know best. They think that they are thinking for themselves but when have you ever heard them spout something that you have never heard before. These people spew ancient thoughts and practices. They never question so they never achieve anything different than all of the other sheep that came before them.

Have you ever thought that maybe some of us who follow the law do so because we actually believe that they're the right way to do things and in the best interest of us individually and society as a whole?

Don't get me wrong we need these people. We need them to go to work on time everyday and do as they're told. We need them to do this for 30 years, retire and die. We need them to do this and keep the infrastructure running smooth so the great ones among us can live outside the lines a bit and keep this thing called life moving forward.

Yes, society does need those of us who follow the law. We're needed to pay the taxes for all the jails and prisons to house those of you who can't figure out how to follow the law. Personally, I want to reduce those costs by simply executing every convicted felon in the United States. They'd get ONE appeal. Twenty-four hours after the appeal fails they get put on their knees and shot in the back of the head, execution style.

Great post TS, and it touches on the point I was trying to get across in the other thread. it is nice to know that some people "get it", even if it is only a minority here on this site. We can try to get people to think outside their realm of reality, but the truth is, many ae so stubborn in their ways no amount of reason, or facts will ever change their mind on anything. It is an inability to admit you are wrong, and it can be seen at the top levels of our government now in both parties.

Hopefully his death will open people's eyes about race, and how it is a problem in society, but for some reason I think many people will still not get it.

BTW, nice attempt at a hijack MSF, to be honest everyone here knows your views are so far outside the bounds of reality it is painful to listen to. . .but hey, I'm on ignore, so you will not see this.

I just hope that people read his story and share their own. I really hope that something can be done about it. I was asking myself this question last week and I'm kinda wondering what a 'justified' response would be?

Are we looking for these cops to be crucified? I don't think thats the ultimate goal of an anit-police brutality stance. I'd think its more about getting legislation to recognize that police brutality is a crime and will be taken seriously. But if they were to merely 'say' that, then how can we be sure it'll be enforced?

The thing is that we live in a society that puts the police on a pedistal as if they're semi-gods incapable of doing evil. But how can we change that? How can we change people's mind if they've already got the ill-conceived notions that anybody who's a victim of police brutality must have done something to cause it. Its kinda like the victims of police brutality in the 1960's whose only 'crime' was being Black and so the police beat them and killed them. We see the videos of it today and say how bad a time that was, but act as if it stopped in the sixties with the passing of the civil righs legislation.

You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of a conversation I had with a woman about domestic violence. People are so quick to blame the victims of domestic violence (normally the women) for 'provoking' their husbands, or not leaving him, or thinking things like "because the guy is a deacon in the church, he couldn't be the one who hit you". And its like for some people, they'll always find a way to blame the woman for being beat by her husband. This is the same type of logic people are using to blame the innocent victims for being abused by the police.

Immortal Technique is one of the realist and most dope MC's out there.

If you all haven't heard revolutionary vol. 1 and vol. 2 I promise you are missing out on some great music. Not one bad track in there and some of illest metaphors i've ever heard.

BTW my fav. song is peruvian cocaine and the one where he tells the story about the girl he loved having HIV.

The thing is that we live in a society that puts the police on a pedistal as if they're semi-gods incapable of doing evil.

I don't think anyone has said that cops are incapable of making mistakes or doing evil. I just think that some of us look at the lack of training, equipment, pay, and support that these men and women have to deal with and we don't expect them to be perfect, emotionless automatons either. Especially with the almost total lack of support they get from their city and town governments and the people they protect and serve on a daily basis.

But how can we change that? How can we change people's mind if they've already got the ill-conceived notions that anybody who's a victim of police brutality must have done something to cause it.

How about by reducing the number of times that the victim actually HAS done something to cause their own misery. Until the community begins to respect that badge again, and act on that respect, some of us are going to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops, not the criminals.

Immortal Technique is one of the realist and most dope MC's out there.

If you all haven't heard revolutionary vol. 1 and vol. 2 I promise you are missing out on some great music. Not one bad track in there and some of illest metaphors i've ever heard.

BTW my fav. song is peruvian cocaine and the one where he tells the story about the girl he loved having HIV.

definitely one of my favorite MC's out right now. he finally putting out another album in either June or July.

The 3rd World tracklist:

1. Death March (featuring Dj Green Lantern)

2. That’s What It Is

3. Golpe De Estado (featuring Veneno & Temperamento)

4. Harlem Renaissance

5. Lick Shots (featuring Chino XL, Crooked I)

6. Interlude

7. The 3rd World

8. Hollywood Driveby (featuring Psycho Realm & Street Platoon)

9. Watchout (RMX)

10. Reverse Pimpology (featuring Mojo)

11. Open Your Eyes

12. The Payback (featuring Diabolic & Ras Kass)

13. Adios Uncle Tom-Skit

14. Stronghold Grip (featuring Poison Pen & Swave Sevah)

15. Mistakes

16. Out on Parole

17. Crimes of the Heart (featuring Maya Azucena)

**Bonus track (R.O.T.C. featuring J.Arch & Da Circle)

definitely one of my favorite MC's out right now. he finally putting out another album in either June or July.

The 3rd World tracklist:

1. Death March (featuring Dj Green Lantern)

2. That’s What It Is

3. Golpe De Estado (featuring Veneno & Temperamento)

4. Harlem Renaissance

5. Lick Shots (featuring Chino XL, Crooked I)

6. Interlude

7. The 3rd World

8. Hollywood Driveby (featuring Psycho Realm & Street Platoon)

9. Watchout (RMX)

10. Reverse Pimpology (featuring Mojo)

11. Open Your Eyes

12. The Payback (featuring Diabolic & Ras Kass)

13. Adios Uncle Tom-Skit

14. Stronghold Grip (featuring Poison Pen & Swave Sevah)

15. Mistakes

16. Out on Parole

17. Crimes of the Heart (featuring Maya Azucena)

**Bonus track (R.O.T.C. featuring J.Arch & Da Circle)

Yeah, I was just reading about that. I started to look for it online, but Immortal Technique is one of the few artists that I support by purchasing his albums. I respect him that much.

To be fair, the writer of the OP did state how other countries have it much worse. Also you automatically equate these people to scumbag criminals. However, Sean Bell was not committing a crime, and believed that he was being jacked, as the officers were in plain clothes.

Did you read the entire post?

Yes, I did read the entire post. I also read the news articles (CNN, Fox, Drudge, NY Times, NY Post) regarding the shooting when it happened. I also read the articles about the trial and the officers' acquittal.

You state that Sean Bell was not committing a crime. While technically correct, there are people who saw the car driving towards the police in an attempt to run them over (READ - Kill them). Sean was in that car and was shot as officers attempted to protect themselves. The officers were placed on leave, then put on trial. All the evidence was presented in a court of law, and the officers were found to be not guilty. The last I checked, that means they are NOT murderers, regardless of what one person writes in a blog.

Lastly, while you may have read my post, you certainly did not understand it. I said that I want more posters here to be a little less critical of police and more critical of scumbag criminals. I NEVER said that Sean was a criminal, nor did I ever equate "these people" (your quote, I'm not sure to whom that refers) to scumbags.

... to be honest everyone here knows your views are so far outside the bounds of reality it is painful to listen to. . ..

Mr. Pot, paging Mr. Pot. Mr. Kettle would like to discuss the dark color of your outside surface.

Undercover cops, at night, firing 50 shots into someone who they had no visual evidence was armed is excessive.

If the police were guilty of nothing then their procedures need to be changed if it is considered legitimate to fire so many rounds into a car because it did not obey your command. Undercover officers escalated the incident to the point where someone's life was lost.

What's next, a police cruiser calling in an Apache helicopter to destroy a car which they are pursuing on the highway?

There's a recent case in VA where police smashed down the door of a suspected drug dealer in the middle of the night. The civilian, woken by his dogs barking at the front door, grabbed his gun and fearing for his life, having been burgled a few weeks prior, shot the first person coming through the door. The officer died. The civilian is facing charges.

That situation, much like the NYPD case was created by bad policing even if the police officers themselves aren't responsible.

We are not living in war zone, it's the streets of the USA. Police procedures should reflect that.

MSF i think you need to do some research on this before blindy supporting these criminal cops. To dispute your theory on why so many bullets were fired... a single officer by the name Michael Oliver fired 31 of the 50 shots. Meaning he fired 2 magazines into the car. If thats not excessive i dont know what is. Also judging by your post in this and other threads i assume if an undercover officer approached you at night, in a dark parking lot with his gun drawn without identifing himself, you would draw your weapon and fire. All Sean Bell did was try to flee a would be car jacker. The NYPD is notorious for over stepping the boundries of the law.

I personally experienced this last summer in Manhattan while driving to a friends Appt. located on the lower east side. My friend who was driving was pulled over. we were removed from the car at gun point and searched. When i asked why we were being detained and removed from the vehicle i was told to shut up, handcuffed, and thrown in the back of the police cruiser. The 4 police officers then proceeded to search the vehicle without a warrent asking my friend where the guns and drugs were located. Ofcourse nothing was in the car so they pulled me out of the back seat and searched me again pulling nothing but lint and what they said was flakes of marijauna out of my pocket. I spent 4 hours in a holding cell before being released. I was charged with possesion and resisting arrest (for asking why i was being unlawfully removed from our vehicle and searched). My friend was not asked for identification or cited for any traffic violation. I had to spend over $2000 dollars to hire a lawyer and get back up to NYC to prove my innocence in this case. The flakes turned out to be tobacco and my lawyer easily got me off the resisting arrest charge. **** the NYPD

But to get to the OP Immortal Technique is a really inteligent MC and I dig his music and commentaries. Cant wait for some new material from him. R.I.P. Sean Bell

MSF i think you need to do some research on this before blindy supporting these criminal cops. To dispute your theory on why so many bullets were fired... a single officer by the name Michael Oliver fired 31 of the 50 shots. Meaning he fired 2 magazines into the car. If thats not excessive i dont know what is. Also judging by your post in this and other threads i assume if an undercover officer approached you at night, in a dark parking lot with his gun drawn without identifing himself, you would draw your weapon and fire. All Sean Bell did was try to flee a would be car jacker. The NYPD is notorious for over stepping the boundries of the law.

I'd suggest that Mr. Oliver probably needs to spend a little more time on the pistol range, from what I can see. Though yes, two magazines is probably excessive.

Your assumption would be wrong, actually. My first reaction would be to LEAVE THE AREA as quickly and directly as possible. Drawing the firearm, especially on somebody who already has a firearm drawn would be the absolute LAST option in my mind. Long after I had attempted to verbally engage the person.

As for the NYPD overstepping its bounds, you need to realize that one of the people I have had the honor and privelege of spending shooting time with is the late NYPD officer Jim Cirillo. Jim was a member of the NYPD's rather notorious stakeout squad... which basically assassinated would-be robbers during their time in business in the last couple decades of the last century. Jim was 17-0 in gunfights with armed felons. Mostly because he and his partner never gave them a fighting chance. "Surprise Mother----er" was about the best warning that most of them got before being gunned down.

Your assumption would be wrong, actually. My first reaction would be to LEAVE THE AREA as quickly and directly as possible.

That is exactly what Sean Bell did! unfortunately for him the car he was in crashed into an unmarked police van. 50 shots later and well you know the rest...

That is exactly what Sean Bell did! unfortunately for him the car he was in crashed into an unmarked police van. 50 shots later and well you know the rest...

Then it's simply a matter of bad luck. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'd have died the same way that he did in that situation. When fate decides it's your time to go, there's nothing you can do about it.

Then it's simply a matter of bad luck. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'd have died the same way that he did in that situation. When fate decides it's your time to go, there's nothing you can do about it.

The officers responsible should be punished for using excessive force.

The officers responsible should be punished for using excessive force.

I would suggset that the bigger problem is the training of these officers than anything else. I won't waste either of our time going into detail, but from what I've seen over the years police officers are generally much less prepared to deal with a potential shooting incident than most self-defense gun owners and CCW holders.

Were these officers in the wrong?... probably. However, I believe that I can see how this sort of incident happens, and I cannot place the entirety of the blame on the officers.

It also creates and is a characteristic of CRIMINALS. When you live outside the lines that society draws you need to be willing to accept the penalties that can come with that decision. Including the potential for severe cases of high velocity lead and copper poisoning.

Have you ever thought that maybe some of us who follow the law do so because we actually believe that they're the right way to do things and in the best interest of us individually and society as a whole?

Yes, society does need those of us who follow the law. We're needed to pay the taxes for all the jails and prisons to house those of you who can't figure out how to follow the law. Personally, I want to reduce those costs by simply executing every convicted felon in the United States. They'd get ONE appeal. Twenty-four hours after the appeal fails they get put on their knees and shot in the back of the head, execution style.

I'm more of an eye for an eye kinda person. Now I don't adhere to everything I wrote but I like mixing it up a bit. I don't adhere to what your saying either. I think this fella was out late partying. The just penalty would be a little angry yelling from the wife like most of us would expect. Not being blasted into the hereafter by some trigger happy men in blue or in this case out of blue. Can't expect you Yankees to behave yourself though.

Yes, I did read the entire post. I also read the news articles (CNN, Fox, Drudge, NY Times, NY Post) regarding the shooting when it happened. I also read the articles about the trial and the officers' acquittal.

You state that Sean Bell was not committing a crime. While technically correct, there are people who saw the car driving towards the police in an attempt to run them over (READ - Kill them). Sean was in that car and was shot as officers attempted to protect themselves. The officers were placed on leave, then put on trial. All the evidence was presented in a court of law, and the officers were found to be not guilty. The last I checked, that means they are NOT murderers, regardless of what one person writes in a blog.

Lastly, while you may have read my post, you certainly did not understand it. I said that I want more posters here to be a little less critical of police and more critical of scumbag criminals. I NEVER said that Sean was a criminal, nor did I ever equate "these people" (your quote, I'm not sure to whom that refers) to scumbags.

Again, plain clothes officers, that, at least according to some reports, were not identified as such. The case is over, and yes the officers were exonerated, whether it was a lapse in judgment by the officers or deliberate or if everything was done correctly, is really what's at hand. Just because the judge found him not guilty, doesn't resolve the questions. Did the cops seriously not identify themselves? Was Bell trying to kill a cop, or thinking he was protecting himself and his wife because he thought he was being jacked is not 100% known. So questions will always remain. I still think the officers used excessive force. However they had their reasons, and the damage is done, can't really do much more than talk about it now.

Onto the rest of the post, I saw no post trying to justify an obvious criminal's actions. So "these people" was in reference to Sean Bell, Immortal Technique and his friends when they were kids. Since they were the only people with any police interaction (within this thread), when you say mention the scumbag criminals, I can only assume you're talking about the aforementioned persons, as no one was trying to defend scumbag criminals.

There are good police officers, there are bad police officers . I do believe that the good out-weighs the bad. But as they say, one bad apple ruins the whole bunch. So you have to understand when bad police officers keep popping up, it's tough not to criticize them, because scumbag criminals are expected to be just that, scumbags, police officers aren't expected to be such.

I would suggset that the bigger problem is the training of these officers than anything else. I won't waste either of our time going into detail, but from what I've seen over the years police officers are generally much less prepared to deal with a potential shooting incident than most self-defense gun owners and CCW holders.

Were these officers in the wrong?... probably. However, I believe that I can see how this sort of incident happens, and I cannot place the entirety of the blame on the officers.

I agree!!! It seems that any retard can sign up and get a badge & gun these days. PG county actually runs ads on TV trying to recruit new cops. I am not familiar with current training procedures but my Uncle is a recently retired Park Police Officer (in dc) with a K-9 unit and he has told me that his training was very extensive. He even trained as a sniper. Lack of training however does not excuse the actions of the officers in this case. If you **** up and break the law you need to be punished just like anyone else.

Archived