Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2008 Mini-Camp - Day 1 (Final)

JimmiJo

Jimmi, I seem to have a notion that a rookie coach can run an extra camp his first year. Is this it? Or does it come later? Or am I lost again?

You are correct. Normally, this team will have two camps; rookie camp, and mini camp.

For a first year coach, the NFL allows a 3rd camp (Gibbs did a veteran camp in March in 2004).

That being said, the Redskins have elected to have only one camp this year, merging the rookies and the veterans this weekend.

You are correct. Normally, this team will have two camps; rookie camp, and mini camp.

For a first year coach, the NFL allows a 3rd camp (Gibbs did a veteran camp in March in 2004).

That being said, the Redskins have elected to have only one camp this year, merging the rookies and the veterans this weekend.

TY. If you need somebody to carry your lenses or clipboard around, PM me.;)

I can tell you that he is a take-charge kind of guy. We learned this when he stopped a 7-on-7 play to yell at the assistants coaches to get back from the line of scrimmage, resulting in Coach Bugel sprinting to get away from the play. :laugh: Zorn showed no hesitation in giving players hell, veterans and rookies alike. Jason Campbell heard about it a few times, as did Devon Thomas.

That's what I wanna hear.

That's what I wanna hear.

Yeah, I like to hear that type of report.

Something else I liked was this:

Jim Zorn spent the early part of the morning practice watching Smith's special teams work. So did Greg Blache. (New assistant coach John Palermo worked with the defensive line.)

I'm glad he's not doing what Spurrier did and spending all his time with the QBs and Offense.

It's this inside link that makes this site so cool. First day, first practise, first set of audio already up.

Thanks guys!

Next time you speak to Montgomery ask him if this year will be probowl or will it take till next season - serious question, the man is gonna explode IMO.

I read on Redskins.com that Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh are doing light running, although Rogers won't particpate in any drills its atleast good to hear he is doing some running. It sounds like he's coming along fine.

Murf and I saw Carlos on our way out to lunch. We asked how he was coming along and he said "fine."

We observed him doing agility drills during practice.

I like what I'm hearing. Zorn sounds like a player's coach, but someone who can still crack the whip (completely unlike Norval). I'm liking this guy more and more every day. :)

Now we just need the players to buy in, and we might have something special. :fingersx:

So freakin excited! Anyone hear Sellers's interview? He sounded pissed off lol. After that Mix reception, Zorn took off down the sidelines. JC said he thought Zorn was going to tackle Mix, but instead, he congratulated Mix on a helluva catch.

R-U-S-T-Y

Colt must be goin' nuts on the sidelines... maybe not openly, but inside... I just know he is. Drink it all up baby! cause when your time comes u better show some of that accuracy!

Good stuff to hear about Zorn... just love it when a coach cracks the whip and takes full command of the practise field. SLACKERS BEWARE!!! Too bad about that kid out of FL St., didn't know he was diabetic. Just read this morning where Jay Cutler was just diagnosed with Type I.

Anyone hear Sellers's interview? He sounded pissed off lol.

That would be because Mike didn't get to kill his usual seven toddlers for breakfast. That will piss any man off.

Jimmi, seriously, thanks for covering this. I never really paid much attention to this part of football until I joined this site.

- Play of the day was Anthony Mix catching a long sideline bomb from Jason Campbell with John Eubanks hanging all over him. He bobbled the ball a few times and then brought it in at the corner of the end zone. For the record Eubanks says he was out of bounds. For the record none of us believed him.

:laugh:

Archived