Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you like to see a Washington Redskins farm team/league?

michael_33

I've always wanted a developmental league, but not like NFL Europa, where you mix players up from teams. It should be that teams send down 30ish players, and they play multiple positions. WRs have to play as DBs as well, plus they'll have to play STs, so that can prepare them for the NFL.

I don't like keeping the nickname but changing the city. Change both, but keep it regional. Like, since VA has no pro teams, give them the farm team. Stuff like that.

A few points about a “farm league”

1) NFLE is not a good model because the continuity between NFL teams and a specific farm team did not apply. I.E. – the Dragons were not a farm team for the Titans or something like that.

2) There would not be any need to have a separate draft, just expand the NFL draft back to 12 rounds or so.

3) For lower round draft picks they would have to keep the contracts shorter (~3 years) to allow for some mobility in the farm league.

4) NFLE was not designed to appeal to Americans who couldn’t go to the games.

In conclusion, I think a minor league could work if they expanded the draft and kept a 1-to-1 ratio of minor league to pro teams. The problem with US based leagues in the past was the lack of direct tie-in to NFL teams. I could have cared less about NFLE, but if the Redskins had a farm team somewhere in DC/VA/MD, I would watch the games and cheer them on….

Actually, I wouldnt mind "sharing" farm teams...like, we and Baltimore would share a farm team, Pitt and Philly would share another.

Than, the team with the worse record, would get the first pick out of their farm team, the team with the better record would get the second pick, than the first team again, etc, etc.

So your telling me that you watch every game of the NBA and your favorite team and whatever game you are not watching or isn't televised,you are either listening to it or on the net to catch the score?

I can't honestly say I watch all 82, usually there are a few wizards games that aren't televised each year....I'd say I probably watch about 70 games a year give or take a few.

I'm not saying I hate basketball at all...In FACT I love it...College basket is my second favorite sport..March Madness....It's the best!

March Madness is great...my favorite post season of any sport!

You want to know why I think Baseball,NBA basketball and Hockey all suck!IMO....Because there's no 1-and done...

I can understand why someone wouldn't like that style of playoffs...but I love it, basketball series are very exciting to me....like the current Atlanta/Boston series.

Where is the Superbowl played at every year.....?Where is the College NCAA Championship game played at every year?

I don't like this....it drives up the cost of the game. I think the championship game should be held in the home stadium of the team that wins the pro-bowl the previous year....this way it would make the pro bowl more exciting and actually matter....and it would give one of the team's fans a better opportunity to see the game.

i've been saying this for years! But there would be a lot to go into it - it's not something you'd have overnight - and i think the threadstarter meant something more like baseball, not NFLE or CFL. The thing with those is - its not a legit farm team - really Division 1 college is our farm teams. There should be that next step - but there would be a lot to work around.

I've always thought that The league should have a 16 team, 10 games a year spring league 24 and under to deveolp talent.

There are plenty of cities that could support a minor league team, that even have local cable sports networks that could air games.

You could combine prospects from certain Areas and place the team close to them. or creat International Teams

I.E.

Skins-Ravens provide the players for a team in Annapolis, or Norfolk

Chicgo-Detroit= Toledo

Cleveland-Cincy= Columbus

NY-NY= Newark or A.C.

San Fran-Oak=Sacremento

San Diego-Phoenix= Some Mexican City

ETC...ETC...

AAFL postponed 'till the 2009 season....I was really looking forward to that too!

I'm a little intrigued by it. If it succeeds I bet Virginia would be one of the first expansion teams, getting to take people from colleges in Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.

One here trying to get set for 2009. Their whole mission is to develop players for the NFL

http://www.unflf.com/webPages/aboutUs.html

There goal is to run until the draft to give fringe players one last chance to audition:

The Season

The season will start in January 2009 and end in April 2009 (before the NFL draft). There will be playoff games and a championship game. Each division winner gets in the playoffs, and the two teams with the best record get a bye in the first round of the playoffs.

Besides... the NFL and their rules and college basketball are the only real true games out there...All the other sports really SUCK!

Who watches 162 games of baseball...?Who watches 82(?) games of NBA basketball...Seriously...How stupid!

If I can't watch a Redskins game on TV...I'm NFL.com game tracker or on this damn computer,radio or whatever I have to do to get my Redskins FIX....Everything else really Sucks!

:doh:

First off, we aren't all just football fans. In here we are all fans of the Redskins. Thats why i'm here, I don't know about anyone else. The Redskins are my #1 team, without a doubt. But, you know what, I love the Chicago Cubs, and usually watch at least 70 plus games a year. I'm going to the bar now to watch them cause their not on tv tonight. I'll agree, the NBA sucks, and that is because college basketball will not do anything to keep their players there for more than a year. You have an immature kid, who only goes to classes for a semester, then gets drafted in the NBA. So now you have this idiot representing your league. Hopefully, they will learn one day. My rants point is don't criticize others for things they might like that aren't Redskin related. You might like the NHL, I don't, but do I bash it?

Well i'm off to watch some guys try and do the hardest thing in sports, HIT A BASEBALL!

:logo: & CUBS!

:doh:

First off, we aren't all just football fans. In here we are all fans of the Redskins. Thats why i'm here, I don't know about anyone else. The Redskins are my #1 team, without a doubt. But, you know what, I love the Chicago Cubs, and usually watch at least 70 plus games a year. I'm going to the bar now to watch them cause their not on tv tonight. I'll agree, the NBA sucks, and that is because college basketball will not do anything to keep their players there for more than a year. You have an immature kid, who only goes to classes for a semester, then gets drafted in the NBA. So now you have this idiot representing your league. Hopefully, they will learn one day. My rants point is don't criticize others for things they might like that aren't Redskin related. You might like the NHL, I don't, but do I bash it?

Well i'm off to watch some guys try and do the hardest thing in sports, HIT A BASEBALL!

:logo: & CUBS!

my condoleces on your Cub fanhood. :silly:

I agree with your sentiments. Cards fan here. When baseball starts I'm in no hurry for football. Since I live dead in the heart of Cardinal country I get to see all 162 games and I catch at least 120 of them.

The Europe league was not just to develop players, but also coaches and officials. The lack of a developmental league will have a negative effect on the NFL. They will need to do something to develop guys, especially with so many teams dividing up the talent pool.

We want finished product on the field for NFL games, but where do guys refine their skills if they need more time than training camp? There are too many examples of guys who needed the Europe experience to make them complete players. Kurt Warner comes to mind first, but there are many others in all positions.

I think a league just like the Europe attempt would do great right here in USA. Young aspiring coaches, players, and officials could get a chance to prove themselves in a NFL style system. Football fans would have something to watch in the Spring, and we would know plenty of the players if they gave teams exemptions for the roster like they used to.

I'm just thinking NFL europa and XFL :doh:

I mean the CFL is practically a shared farm league

Of course it would prob water down the market, being as the NFL is so sucessful partially because of it's limitedness, it makes it easier to follow... and we as Americans have short Attention spans....

Oh hey is that a birdie at my window

The Europe league was not just to develop players, but also coaches and officials. The lack of a developmental league will have a negative effect on the NFL. They will need to do something to develop guys, especially with so many teams dividing up the talent pool.

We want finished product on the field for NFL games, but where do guys refine their skills if they need more time than training camp? There are too many examples of guys who needed the Europe experience to make them complete players. Kurt Warner comes to mind first, but there are many others in all positions.

I think a league just like the Europe attempt would do great right here in USA. Young aspiring coaches, players, and officials could get a chance to prove themselves in a NFL style system. Football fans would have something to watch in the Spring, and we would know plenty of the players if they gave teams exemptions for the roster like they used to.

hey! Yo. right herepointguy.gif

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5142634&postcount=42

I say us extremers here should pool our money together and buy a franchise. $1.5 million is the cost. Is there 1,000 people here that could throw $1,500 into this to have 1/10 of 1% ownership? If others are in, I'll get in. That's alot of voices. Therefore we'd set up a board to represent all owners and one CEO. Put the team in RFK. Call them the Warriors. Who's with me?

Archived