Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you like to see a Washington Redskins farm team/league?

michael_33

After thinking about all these undrafted free agents and all the guys the Redskins will end up either cutting or stashing on the practice squad,would you like to see our own farm team? :point2sky

We could have our own team name,logo's,colors as would all the other NFL teams...

So instead of even having a practice squad,we could have our own team that plays in their own league signed of course and property of the Washington Redskins to bring up alot like baseball...

It would also give us something else to keep an eye on,who we may need to bring up at certain positions?(like DE) :cheers:

I know we have the Arena league and there are certain semi-pro leagues out there,but they SUCK! :silly: Seriously...

I'm talking the same rules and everything like the NFL,except their affiliated with ALL NFL teams and owned by there respected Franchises...

We could even be called the Redskins,but like from a different city....Maybe the Landover Redskins or something?They could even keep the same divisions as well to make it simple...

Like NFC EAST (or whatever they called it)

-----------------

Landover Redskins

Bronx Giants

Fort Worth Cowboys

Chester Eagles

(just as an example of course on names)

Not sure if this would be during the same season or if they would have to make this an offseason league,but it would be cool...!

Would you be into something like this and could it ever happen...?

All those guys we signed undrafted could play for that team as our Washington Redskins evaluate their games...

Helmets would have to be different....

Shannon Boatman is a 6-5, 315-pound offensive right tackle. He also played some guard for Florida State, so he has some versatility. He started two years and is thought to be a good developmental prospect. Boatman was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 17, but he has been able to keep the disease in check.

Offensive lineman Kerry Brown is a 6-5, 305-pound guard from Appalachian State. He started four years and was a Division I-AA All-American. He is regarded as a tough, physical lineman who needs to fine-tune his technique.

Devin Clark is a 6-3, 305-pound offensive right tackle from New Mexico. He is expected to move inside to guard at the pro level, though. He participated in national Olympic-style weightlifting competitions, so he is a strong, stout player. He may have been bypassed in the draft due to recent ankle surgery.

Kyle DeVan played mostly center at Oregon State. He was a three-year starter and registered 232 knock-down blocks overall. He stands at 6-2 and 300 pounds.

Defensive end Alonzo Dotson is 6-4 and 260 pounds. He played in 14 games with Redskins second round draft pick Malcolm Kelly last year and recorded 20 tackles and two sacks. His father Santana played for the Green Bay Packers in the 1990s and his grandfather Alphonse played for John Madden's Oakland Raiders in the 1970s.

Horace Gant is a 6-3, 218-pound wide receiver who holds St. Olaf school records for receptions with 185, receiving yards with 3,061 and touchdowns with 27. Gant was coached by new Redskins offensive assistant Chris Meidt, who held the head coaching position at St. Olaf last year.

Curtis Gatewood is a 6-2, 248-pound outside linebacker who will likely play either the strong-side or defensive end in the pros. A four-year starter at Vanderbilt, he recorded 110 tackles, 10.5 sacks and one interception in his college career.

Quarterback Bret Meyer joins the Redskins as one of five QBs on the off-season roster. He is expected to compete with rookie draft pick Colt Brennan and first-year player Sam Hollenbach for a backup job. He completed 233-of-382 passes for nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior at Iowa State.

Safety Kevin Mitchell is a 6-0, 209-pounder who led the Big Ten in passes defended last year. He was tied for third in the Big Ten with five interceptions. He also logged 75 tackles and 11 pass deflections. Mitchell is not related to the late Redskins linebacker Kevin Mitchell.

Matteral Richardson is 5-11, 194 pounds and regarded as physical cornerback and sound tackler. He started three years at Arkansas, finishing with 180 tackles, 27 pass break-ups and four interceptions. Nicknamed "Red," he should compete for a special teams job early on.

Safety Justin Scott was a two-year starter at Purdue. Last year, the 6-0, 209-pounder recorded 73 tackles, one sack and three interceptions.

Defensive end Dorian Smith played two years at Oregon State as a junior college transfer, but started just one season. The 6-1, 264-pounder recorded 72 tackles, 22 tackles for a loss and 15 sacks.

Bryan Wilson is a 6-3, 250-pound outside linebacker who earned 2007 All-MEAC first-team defense honors. He logged 50 tackles, a team-high seven sacks and a league-high six forced fumbles. Wilson hails from Temple Hills, Md. He attended the Redskins' local college workout.

We would have to have a undrafted free agent draft to limit teams from stocking up on good undrafted guys with potential. (Like baseball's minor league draft?)

There are many things that would have to go into this. Not sure of the interest, but football is football. I don't follow minor league baseball or hockey, but being die hard football I might have a little interest.

Plus...there could be a rule of not just scooping up our very own guys without trading for draft picks...

As it is now...If we were to put Colt Brennan on the practice squad,he could get taken from us for nothing by the Patriots...(cheaters)

On our farm team...(if he were there of course) they would have to offer a trade or something to aquire ANY of our players...not just steal him for nothing!

Plus...there could be a rule of not just scooping up our very own guys without trading for draft picks...

As it is now...If we were to put Colt Brennan on the practice squad,he could get taken from us for nothing by the Patriots...(cheaters)

On our farm team...(if he were there of course) they would have to offer a trade or something to aquire ANY of our players...not just steal him for nothing!

and they could trade other practice squad players - just like baseball

it'd have to be in the spring though, i dont think there is a market for more football in the fall.

Besides... the NFL and their rules and college basketball are the only real true games out there...All the other sports really SUCK!

Who watches 162 games of baseball...?Who watches 82(?) games of NBA basketball...Seriously...How stupid!

If I can't watch a Redskins game on TV...I'm NFL.com game tracker or on this damn computer,radio or whatever I have to do to get my Redskins FIX....Everything else really Sucks!

We had one it was called NFLE, it went bankrupt! It will happen again sometime in the future maybe they can adopt the CFL as it's farm league that way teams can develop there players and players don't have to go across seas to play football! Win-Win!:2cents:

Who watches 82(?) games of NBA basketball...

I do

Seriously...How stupid!

not stupid for a person who enjoys football! There are lots of people who think you are stupid for watching football.

I don't like baseball...but I don't think baseball fans are stupid for watching it....just not my thing

Yea...But having a team called the Edmonton eskimo pie's is different to me as far as interest than a team called the Landover Redskins...IMO

With all the sales that go towards jerseys and sports memorabilia and everything,this would be much more successful in terms of interest than some team in Europe or anywhere else in the world...

Personally...I would rather watch a lack of talented undrafted Free agents that are affiliated with my Washington Redskins,with the same NFL rules and divisions than to watch a MLB game of the Royals and whitesox....Seriously...Baseball sucks!

whatever happened to the AAFL? Weren't they supposed to start up this spring?

I believe the league didn't have enough sponsors to get the league off the ground and running; however, the AAFL is supposed to begin play in the spring of next year, '09. From what I've heard it's supposed to be a complimentary league to the NFL, not sure if any players from the AAFL can be taken from the league and brought to the NFL.

I do

not stupid for a person who enjoys football! There are lots of people who think you are stupid for watching football.

I don't like baseball...but I don't think baseball fans are stupid for watching it....just not my thing

So your telling me that you watch every game of the NBA and your favorite team and whatever game you are not watching or isn't televised,you are either listening to it or on the net to catch the score?

I'm not saying I hate basketball at all...In FACT I love it...College basket is my second favorite sport..March Madness....It's the best!

You want to know why I think Baseball,NBA basketball and Hockey all suck!IMO....Because there's no 1-and done...

It's always best out of 5...or best out of 7...There's no WIN or DIE and go home loser part of the game that NFL and College Basketball present to everyone...(at least not till your at game 7 of the final game and someone else has to win)

Want to know another reason...A better reason...?

Where is the Superbowl played at every year.....?Where is the College NCAA Championship game played at every year?

It's Random...A neutral site...Correct?At least unless that particular team makes the Championship game where ever that particular City is representing....Which like never happens....!

Each team of the 2 in the Championship game,get a fair shot at winning it all..!IMO....

Giants were awesome on the road this last year right?Do they win the SuperBowl if the game is played at Foxboro 4 times and 3 times in New york?

I bet my life they don't!

That is what makes college basketball and the NFL special! :cheers:

Be it...it's a war....and only 1 game!...not the best out of 100000000...

Besides... the NFL and their rules and college basketball are the only real true games out there...All the other sports really SUCK!

Who watches 162 games of baseball...?Who watches 82(?) games of NBA basketball...Seriously...How stupid!

If I can't watch a Redskins game on TV...I'm NFL.com game tracker or on this damn computer,radio or whatever I have to do to get my Redskins FIX....Everything else really Sucks!

Sorry, but this is an ignorant statement that makes you look like an idiot. Myself and many others happen to enjoy other sports, and i make an effort to watch all the wizards and nats games that i can. Just because you have a biased opinion doesnt mean these other sports "suck".

We had one it was called NFLE, it went bankrupt! It will happen again sometime in the future maybe they can adopt the CFL as it's farm league that way teams can develop there players and players don't have to go across seas to play football! Win-Win!:2cents:

nfl europe didnt go bankrupt because it didnt make money- the nfl shut it down because they dont want a minor league- period

a minor league would make the good orginizations way way to good for the bad organizations to hang with

the nfl isnt interested in putting the best product on the field they are more interested in maintaining balance and its unqestionable acts

im a huge hockey fan and i like how they play series. a best of 7 to prove whos better.

you say you want fairness...it takes away from having you whole season ride on one game where there might be 1 horrible call or one mistake. dont get me i love it but at the same time everything cant be like football. or there wouldnt be other sports in general.

i love football thats my number 1

i love hockey.

used to be a huge baseball fan....bores the hell out of me now.

You are right. That's what NFL Europe (later Europa) was for.

Casey Bramlet was one of our allocated QBs. After being World Bowl XV MVP in June 2007, he was cut by the Redskins in August 2007. Somehow still, NFL coaches put more faith into rookies out of college instead of professionals in another league. Bramlet was listed behind Palmer on the depth chart.

I like the CFL as a farm league if they change the rules/field to that of the NFL. In a way, the CFL is a farm league without being attached to specific NFL teams. If players get cut from the NFL, then the CFL is their second choice.

nfl europe didnt go bankrupt because it didnt make money- the nfl shut it down because they dont want a minor league- period

a minor league would make the good orginizations way way to good for the bad organizations to hang with

the nfl isnt interested in putting the best product on the field they are more interested in maintaining balance and its unqestionable acts

Not bankruptcy but increased costs!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-to-shut-down-European-league?urn=nfl,37603

Sounds like the owners didn't want to pay the extra money to maintain the league! You're right the NFL is just too greedy!

Archived