Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

charles rogers?

fullnelson9999

i dont know how this will be recieved, i guess im in full "i want to keep our first round picks" mode so dont bash me here. and i searched the site and found nothing so here goes

charles rogers is 6'3 220. he is big and physical. should we give him a shot?

i know he has a history of drug abuse and major injury time, but he could be something at a cheap price if everything works out. and hes only 26

There's a bunch of "Size" and "Talent" floating around out there. They're in canadien leagues, Arena League, Europe (scratch that), and So on...That doesn't mean that they are NFL Caliber players who can make differences on the field.

This is what separates the College gem's in the NFL. The talent level is all top-notch, so they can't rely on just being "better" than the person lining up against them. They have to have the "whole package."

"Cliche"

its just an idea...im up for anything to save our draft picks, even if it means going down deep

Oh we've already gone deep friend....that's where we found Anthony Mix, Burl Toler and Billy McMullen.

The FO seems to think we need a veteran stud receiver, not a random tall person who sucks, so you can throw out any name you want but it won't do anything to "save our draft picks."

We'll either make a rich offer that Cincy/Detroit/Arizona can't refuse, or we're drafting a WR on day one. That's just how it's shaping up to me.

This obsession with getting a big receiver has to end. People assume that any receiver over 6'2" is a welcome addition, regardless of whether they can play or not. This thread about Rogers (who was a complete bust and proved he can't play int eh NFL) is just the latest example of us fawning over someone just because they're taller than the average wideout.

In Charles Rogers case no but I understand not wanting another smurfy WR who can get crushed by the more physical secondaries in the NFC East.

If Randy Moss didn't rate 2 first rounders I cant see the justification for throwing away 2 first rounders on C Johnson either.

This is just an indictment on the team having either no confidence in the scouting dept, the teams WR coaches not being able to teach err coach em up and lack of patience to let a youngin develop.

This obsession with getting a big receiver has to end. People assume that any receiver over 6'2" is a welcome addition, regardless of whether they can play or not. This thread about Rogers (who was a complete bust and proved he can't play int eh NFL) is just the latest example of us fawning over someone just because they're taller than the average wideout.

exactly, just because you're 6'3 220lbs doesn't make you physical. Rogers is the definition of bust and would continue to be so here.

Chaz Rogers most recently tried out for the Dolphins where he ran a pedestrian 4.8 40yd. Which pales in comparison to his 4.28 blazing 40 in 02. If you want to bring up blasts from the past please do some research. Don't just pull random names out of your ass.

Ohh and for all you Mike Williams fans (USC other Detroit stellar wideout). He has balloned up to 270lbs and is now playing the H-back position.

Yikes

Chaz Rogers most recently tried out for the Dolphins where he ran a pedestrian 4.8 40yd. Which pales in comparison to his 4.28 blazing 40 in 02. If you want to bring up blasts from the past please do some research. Don't just pull random names out of your ass.

Ohh and for all you Mike Williams fans (USC other Detroit stellar wideout). He has balloned up to 270lbs and is now playing the H-back position.

Yikes

I hate to admit it, but I was one of the fans groaning when we picked up Carlos Rogers instead of Mike Williams! Now THAT'S a yikes!

Yikes

wow a little harsh there...its not like i insulted you is it

lighten up

Archived